Book Shops

The Random OTP Challenge [SUPER JUNIOR]

Zhou Mi loved books. He really loved books, more than was probably healthy, when he was a child he lost himself in the fairy tales of princesses and prince charmings; as an adolescent, instead of joining the football team, he found himself in the revolutionaries of sophisticated literature; and now in his adulthood he shuts himself inside his pride and joy: his bookshop. Zhou Mi loved meeting and helping out new book-lovers; he loved the overbearing scent of leather binding; he loved the thrill of being surrounded by knowledge.

 

Everything he knew about the world he learned from books. He read books on how to properly socialize and books on how to learn Korean and books on how to love. So, one can probably guess that his imagination was of the most hopeless romantic.

 

He wanted his prince charming to sweep him off his feet with a passionate, intellectually heartfelt confession. Then they would wed on a beach under the impeccable starry night sky before his prince whisked him away for their honeymoon.

 

Ah, the honeymoon. Zhou Mi knew what events occurred during the honeymoon; he had read about it in extreme detail. The first time he read a mature romance novel was on accident and he felt dirty, but eventually the need for knowledge overpowered his guilt.

 

Now, mature romance novels are all that Zhou Mi reads. He can’t help but long for the exhilarating touch of his prince. And who was his prince? His prince wasn’t a figment of his imagination, believe it or not; he really existed.

 

Zhou Mi’s prince was Lee DongHae, the author of Zhou Mi’s favorite adult novels. Zhou Mi admired the man’s eloquent literary style; he coveted the man’s ual knowledge; and he lusted after the man’s sheer essence.

 

Zhou Mi was in love with Lee DongHae and he had never met the man.

 

But that was soon to change. Last week, Zhou Mi received an email from DongHae’s publisher that said DongHae chose Zhou Mi’s shop as the host for the first book signing for his newest novel. Zhou Mi, of course, said yes.

 

--

 

The day of the book signing had arrived and Zhou Mi was left with a few hours of alone time before the event began. He tried to calm his jittery nerves but it was all in vain; he was left with a few hours of alone time, except for the fact that he was alone with Lee DongHae. Alone. With the love of his life.

 

They made small talk; DongHae would comment on the incredible status of Zhou Mi’s shop and Zhou Mi would smile and try not to gush about being DongHae’s biggest fan.

 

“This must be weird for you, having a book signing in your own shop for a novels,” DongHae mentioned offhandedly. Zhou Mi shook his head.

 

“Not at all. I’m a big fan of your works.” DongHae’s eyes widen.

 

“Really?”

 

“Of course.” Zhou Mi hid his face when he whispered “and I’m a big fan of you, as well.”

 

DongHae whistled lowly. “That’s cool. You never struck me as someone who would read my type of books.”

 

“I only read your books.”

 

DongHae stared at Zhou Mi for a long time before he began to smile. “Which one is your favorite?”

 

Zhou Mi wondered whether or not he should be honest. “I thought ‘With My Eyes Closed’ was the best.” DongHae quirked an eyebrow.

 

“I’ve written several novels and you pick the only homoual one as your favorite?”

 

“It’s very well written!” Zhou Mi waved his hands in front of his face out of embarrassment. “I feel like the emotion and the plot was much more tangible than in the others.”

 

“Why do you think that is?” DongHae smiled.

 

“Because you went through a realist phase?” DongHae sighs.

 

“Think harder, Mi. I know you’re smart. Why do you think my one homoual a novel was the most real?”

 

“Because…you’re gay?”

 

“Bingo.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“Oh? Is that bad?”

 

“No,” Zhou Mi stated. “I’m—”

 

“—Gay, I know.” DongHae grinned. Zhou Mi stared at him. “What? No straight man could wear jeans like you do.” DongHae cackled and Zhou Mi glared at him.

 

“You’re not at all what I’d thought you’d be,” Zhou Mi huffed.

 

“How so?”

 

“You’re sort of an .”

 

“You still love me though.”

 

“How did you know I loved you?!” Zhou Mi is appalled.

 

“Please, you’ve been staring at me like you’re gonna your pants ever since I got here.” DongHae laughed once again.

 

“.”

 

“I can show you what I’ll do to yours tonight~” DongHae laughed and Zhou Mi chased him around the store, blushing.

 

Zhou Mi learned that dreams and reality—though both amazing—are most definitely not the same thing.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: what is this this is a piece of crap story omg I’m so sorry ;A;


I’ll come up with something semi-quality next time OTL