How It Started

A Bitter Day

Now the real story starts. This is 3 years before 'The Bitter Day'


 

It was a snowy day for the citizens of South Korea, the weather was freezing.... too cold for Yong Junhyung for a matter of fact. He had been called by president of Cube, Papa Hong, to visit the headquarters as he had something 'important' to announce to him. To only Junhyung. 

 

"Ugh why do I have to suffer this coldness, while the members are at home where the heater is..." Junhyung murmured to himself, kicking the snow as he walked the way to the Cube building.

 

Junhyung finally reached the Cube building and hurriedly fastened his pace to get himself inside. He sighed of relief after the door closed behind him, patting off the snow that had fallen on his coat. After finally composing himself, he had found himself in an awkward position as he realised that one of the workers was sitting behind the office desk, staring at him.

 

"Um.. the president called me..." Junhyung coughed awkwardly.

 

The worker started to press some buttons on the phone, "Yes, please send him up" A voice-- which was most likely Papa Hong's said through the phone.

 

" You may go up now, Junhyung-ssi." She put the phone down, and directed her hand to where Junhyung was supposed to walk up.

 

"Thank you..." Junhyung bowed slightly and made his way up to Hong's office. Upon reaching his office, he did not hesitate and went straight into the room. " Papa Hong! " He smiled gleefully, that was one person he was not awkward with.

 

" You're finally here. " Papa Hong looked up from his papers and smiled back at Junhyung. " Take a seat. "

 

" Ne. " Junhyung quickly sat down on the couch which was located infront of his desk. After a few minutes of silence, Junhyung decided to ask "....So why was I supposed to come? "

 

" I want you to be apart of Hyuna's new solo single. " Papa Hong said straight out, making Junhyung choke on nothing, but air.

 

" H-H-Hyuna sunbaenim?! " He stuttered upon hearing her name. The name he had been cherishing for so long. The name of the person he had a crush on, ever since he became a trainee of Cube Entertainment.

 

" Yes, Hyuna-ssi. She's coming soon. "

 

" She's coming?! " Junhyung panicked. Although they were both in the same company, he hadn't spoke one whole sentence with her.

 

Before Junhyung could protest, the voice he liked hearing came echoing through the hallway outside of Papa Hong's office. " ABEOUJI~~~~~~ " Hyuna yelled excitedly through the hallway. Upon entering she once gain yelled " ABEOUJI! " she smiled brightly, too much to the point that her eyes weren't showing.

 

" Finally, Hyunaya. Sit down next to Junhyung for a moment. " Papa Hong smiled at her cheerfulness.

 

" Oh? Junhyung...ssi.... Annyeong~ " Hyuna smiled at Junhyung, making his heart flutter. 

 

" A-annyeonghaseyo.... Hyuna sun-sun-sunbaenim..." Junhyung replied, stuttering once again. He wanted to mentally slap himself for not keeping his 'cool' rapper image infront of her.

 

Hyuna sat next to Junhyung, feeling very awkward. " Appa.... why are we here? "

 

" Hyuna-ya~ Remember how you've been working on your solo recently? "

 

" Mmmmhm~ "

 

" Junhyung here, is going to feature in it. You two will be working together. "

 

" OH JINJJA? " Hyuna yelled excitedly. " I thought I was going to be really alone for this!! " She pouted.

 

" Yes, yes. After your complaints on being alone, I decided that it might have been too much for you. Maybe working with Junhyung will give you both a good experience. " Papa Hong explained, while Junhyung silently nodded.

 

" Ah~ What a relief! " Hyuna exclaimed. " Junhyung oppa, let's work hard together! Hwaiting! " She lifted her arm up and faced towards Junhyung.

 

" Yes... Hwaiting.." Junhyung said back to her, not knowing whatelse to say and also blushing at the fact that Hyuna had already called him 'Oppa'.

 

" Junhyung, your rap part has already been written and all you need to do is record it. Hyuna has already recorded her parts. " Papa Hong explained. " After getting recording out of the way, you both will then learn the choreography, film the MV and finally promote it. "

 

Hyuna and Junhyung nodded, listening to their president's instructions. " This song and dance requires as much chemistry between the both of you and I know, you two don't know eachother that well. So while Junhyung is practicing his rap and recording his rap, Hyuna you will accompany him. I expect the both of you to spend nearly everday together, practicing. "

 

" Ne, appa. " Hyuna nodded obediently.

 

" Ne. " Junhyung nodded too.

 

" Now off you two go! " Papa Hong pulled up the two from the couch and pushed them out the door.

 

" Appa! " Hyuna squealed, being pushed out the door along with Junhyung. Once the door had closed infront of them, the atmosphere became quite awkward. " Um....." She looked down playing with her fingers.

 

" Hyuna sunbaenim...Should we...go? " Junhyung asked shyly.

 

" Ah..ne~ " Hyuna giggled quietly, and followed slowly behind Junhyung to the recording studio.

 

" Hyung! " Junhyung said, once arriving at the recording studio where Sinsadong Tiger was. 

 

" Junhyung-ah, Hyuna-ya. " Sinsadong waved his hand up. " Just practice the rap, and play the beat on the computer to hear the song. You know how to use it. I'll be back and once I'm back, you should be able to have the rap down. " He patted Junhyung's shoulder and quickly left the room.

 

" Hyung...Ya hyung!!!! " Junhyung called out, not wanting to be left alone again, in an awkward situation.

 

Hyuna quietly sat behind the recording equipment gear and watched Junhyung practicing his parts. It was quiet between the both of them for nearly an hour. Hyuna, as impatient as she was, finally decided to end the silence between them. " Junhyung oppa... " She whined, she was indeed bored and Junhyung didn't help.

 

" Oh..? " Junhyung realised that Hyuna was still with him, he was too focused on his rapping part.

 

" Junhyung oppa... you don't talk much do you? " Hyuna pouted, which made Junhyung turn around on his chair.

 

" Sorry...." He scratched the back of his head.

 

" It's okay... you're a rapper... rappers have that cool side to them... " Hyuna looked around the room while pouting.

 

" No no, I mean.. sorry I was kind of too focused on my rap that I forgot you were here.. " Junhyung said apologetically. " I'm really.. not one of those type of rappers actually... when you get to know me more I'm different. " He explained.

 

" Really? " Hyuna's eyes lit up, she really had a strong desire to get close with Junhyung. She stood up from where she was sitting and ran over to Junhyung, tugging on his arm. " Oppa~~ Can we get to know eachother more?? " She smiled.

 

Junhyung immediately became shy. " H-Hyuna sunbaenim.. why are you like this... "

 

" Oppa~ Please...! Stop rapping~ Just for a few minutes! " Hyuna begged him, pulling him towards the couch she was sitting at previously.

 

He couldn't help but chuckle at her cuteness " Okay.. okay "

 

They sat down on the couch together, with no words to say. 

 

" Hyuna sunbaenim... what do you want to know about me.. " Junhyung suddenly asked.

 

Hyuna thought for awhile, putting her fingers up to her chin to signal she was thinking. " Oh oppa! Don't call me sunbaenim...! You're older than me.... so it feels awkward... " She pouted for probably the 100th time today.

 

" Oh..okay... Hyun....Hyuna? " He tried to familiarize himself with 'Hyuna' instead of 'Sunbaenim'

 

" Ah~~ That's much better!!!!! " Hyuna excitedly jumped around on her seat, giggling. " Oppa... maybe you should tell me about your past! And I'll tell you about mine..... It's my method of getting to know people more..."

 

" Really..... but my past is kind of...bad. " Junhyung said nervously, rubbing his hands together.

 

" Oppa, it's okay.. mine is too. But, I promise I won't say anything.. until you are done! " Hyuna promised.

 

" If you say so..." Junhyung continued and went through his awful past. The fact that he had failed auditions, his old company which he had a 'slave' contract in, his days where he was so depressed he would drink and the time he almost got cut out of Cube.

 

It took him a while to explain everything, nearly an whole hour and Hyuna kept her promise. She had not spoken a word and listened to his story of his past intently. Once he was done, she was almost at tears.

 

" Oppa...... " She let her tears flow out.

 

" H-h-Hyuna... why are you crying... " Junhyung was suprised at her crying face, infront of his.

 

" Op...Oppa..." She sobbed. Within a flash she had already wrapped her arms around Junhyung and hugged him tightly. " Oppa... I didn't know your past was  that awful... " 

 

He froze at her touch but suddenly softened. He chuckled. " It's okay, you don't need to pity me. "

 

" No oppa..... I feel so sad you had to experience through all of those... " She hugged him tight. " I wish I was there for you... " Hyuna cried even more.

 

" Yah... stop crying.. " Junhyung laughed.

 

As Hyuna's emotions took over, she had too, explained her past without realising she was still in Junhyung's embrace. After Junhyung had heard Hyuna's side, where she was previously in Wonder Girls and was kicked out due to her bad condition, the continous insults from anti-fans calling her 'fake' or a '' really dawned down on Junhyung too. He did not know that behind Hyuna's smiles, she had been through so much pain.

 

" Shhh......" Junhyung frowned, her hair slowly. " Hyuna-ah, you are not what those anti fans call you. " He tried to calm her down and hugged her tighter.

 

" You are a beautiful girl, who is loved by many. Don't let those haters bring you down. You have to believe in yourself, like the way I believe in you. " Junhyung whispered into her ear, confessing to her unknowingly. Luckily she did not notice his feelings.

 

" Um.... did I interrupt something? " Sinsadong Tiger entered the room, to find Hyuna and Junhyung hugging eachother tightly.

 

Junhyung and Hyuna quickly realised their situation and backed away from eachother, Hyuna started to wipe her tears away.

 

" Uh... " Sinsadong looked at them weirdly.

 

" Don't forget what I told you, okay? " Junhyung told Hyuna, totally ignoring his hyung. " Plus....I feel like we've gotten alot closer now..." He leaned in and whispered into her ear again.

 

" Thank you... Oppa.... I feel we're closer now too " She leaned in to whisper to him too then moved away, giggling.

 

" Wow... daebak you guys are ignoring the person who made this song. " Sinsadong shook his head, disappointed at the two 'lovebirds' infront of him.

 

'From now on, I will take care of you.. Hyuna-ah.'

 

'I think I'm starting to like him...'

 


 

So this is how Junhyung and Hyuna met... and became closer! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and I will apologize for the slow updates. I am a busy person! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ If you are confused about anything, just comment below and I'll definitely get back to you ASAP! You guys should feel special because I have not updated my Trouble Maker fanfic in ages but I've updated this! So leave me some good comments hehe ^^

Please comment and subscribe~♥!