My Knight Came... but with an UMBRELLA...

My Knight in Shining UMBRELLA!
After my work, I went window-shopping. There are newly arrived things again. Rings, dresses, earrings, etc. I enjoyed picking items from here to there. I really love shopping, you may say I am a shopaholic, and I won’t deny it—this is my passion.

I was so busy entering from stores to stores, choosing and comparing items with all my presence that I didn’t noticed that the sky is going dark and no stars in sight, it looks that it will rain hard, really hard.

“Aissh! Why I was so lazy? Even forget bringing my own umbrella.” I slap myself for being so lazy. “I must hurry now, must be home before the rain start. There will be another afternoon for shopping!”

I hurriedly head towards the bus stop but unfortunately, the rain starts to fall. I was so wet due to the rain like I just finish swimming with all my clothes on.

“The bus stop is still on the 7th corner and I think it is 50 meters from here.” I murmured, feeling angry to myself for being so lazy.
I just ran to the nearest tree and sit down, cuddled my knees because I started feeling cold, hoping that a bus or even a taxi will pass by.

“Oh! Dear God, please help me or at least bring me a savior.” I started my silent prayer. “But I would be gladder if you send me my knight in a shining armor. Amen.”

5 minutes…

Still no knight in a shining armor…

8 minutes…

I look up in the sky and start another prayer. “Uhmm… I was just kidding about sending my knight in a shining armor… I would be glad if you send me even a little help… huh!!!”

11 minutes…

Still no bus passes by…

14 minutes…

I was starting to lose hope…

17 minutes…

I started to cry…

My crying stops when I noticed the rain stops falling in my head. When I look up to see who is it, a catch a glimpse of a man—a man holding an umbrella.

So I think God answer my prayers. This time, it isn’t my knight in a shining armor but it looks more like a KNIGHT IN SHINING UMBRELLA!

He offers me to share with his umbrella until the bus stop. When we reach there, even with the dim light of the bus stop, I saw a more detailed picture of him.

“Thank---” I turned to the man holding the umbrella. My voice faltered. He was the most beautiful man I had ever seen.
His skin was fair, smooth and flawless. His eyes were deep-brown, like a hazelnut. He was lean and tall, with regal face and black hair perfectly combed. His scent was more likely a jasmine??? But wait, this scent is certainly not for men, it is different, and it is perfect for him.

I reminded myself to breathe.

Beautiful was the right word for him—not handsome, or hot, or anything like that. He was beautiful the way an angel is beautiful—timeless, perfect, remote.

“Oh,” I said in a small voice.

“Uhmm… T… tha… thank you.” The only thing I said.
I climb the bus and turn again to bid goodbye to the man who helped me but he was gone—DEFINITELY GONE.
That night, I didn’t really have a soundless sleep because the thought of that man keeps haunting me.