That Blonde

Ring and Misunderstanding

Dear Diary,

 

            The last few months have been such a whirlwind. Things have been ramping at work, which is fantastic, yet stressful. We’re bidding on that Barcelona project and I have some really great ideas I want to pick. But the big news is Kim Bum – Funny, Kind, y, Perfectly Imperfect Kim Bum and I have been getting more serious for a while…. But of course things never go exactly as you expect, I came home last Friday and my doorman handed me a not.

 

            Call me, I miss you. Joon

 

            When I saw that name, it felt like the ground tilted beneath my feat. I never expected to hear from Joon again, and I had no idea why he was asking me to call. I probably sat by my phone for 20 minutes, wondering what to do. I kept looking at the not, looking at the phone, wondering why I still knew his phone number by heart. Finally, I couldn’t take it anymore.

 

            I called him.

 

            When I heard his voice, I almost hang up. Too many memories. But I acted as normal as possible. He told me that he knows things ended badly but he’d really like to see me in person, and asked if I would meet him for lunch. AHHHHHH! I thought about it. He’s not a horrible person, we just weren’t right for each other. So I said yes. The next, we met for lunch down the street. I knew right away it was a mistake – Joon brought flowers. He told me he was wrong…. And he wants me back. NO NO NO NO. I shook my head and tried to end the lunch as quickly as I could. Joon reached for my hand, I turned towards the window – and I saw Kim Bum. He was outside and….

 

            He was walking with a gorgeous blonde woman.

 

I didn’t double take and my stomach clenched. Joon saw me go pale and started asking questions, but I shook my head and got up – I had to see more. It was crazy, but seeing Kim Bum and that woman pushed my “trust no-one” button and I felt like everything was falling apart. I tailed them for a few blocks. They talked, they laughed, and they stopped at windows and pointed. Finally, I saw the blonde step inside a shop while Kim Bum waited outside, and I ran towards him in tears and slapped him right through his face. Kim Bum was flabbergasted (very surprised).

 

            Kim So Eun: Was I not good for you? Was I not enough? Was that blonde woman that good for you to neglect those years we’ve been together?

 

Kim Bum: Blonde? Who?

 

            Kim So Eun: Oh, Damn! Kim Bum, stop pretending!

 

            That blonde woman must have noticed what’s happening outside so she went outside to check.

           

            “Speaking of the blonde!” I said. He looked at the blonde woman just like when he looked at the ring at his finger at Hye Sun’s party and said….

 

“That blonde.” He went closer to her and it maked me angrier. “That’s Julia Carter. She’s a diamond broker.” I was about to say a word when he interrupted. “Hold it! Let me finish first. This blonde is helping me …” he went closer to me and continued, “- buy your ring. Because even though you are crazy, I want you to marry me.”  He kneeled down with a ring on his hand, waiting for my response but I was stunned, and was kind of embarrassed. Kim Bum was kind of worried of me not saying a word so he stand up and looked me in the eyes. I cried heavily and hugged him. He felt relieved. I patted him at the back and said, “I hate you!” he looked at me and said, “For what?”  “For calling me crazy!” Yeah, I’m really crazy, for jumping into conclusions, for hating the blonde who was helping me have my ring.

 

Ehem…. We both looked at Ms. Carter, “I just want to tell you love birds that, that ring isn’t paid yet.” She said, smiling.

 

            “So what are we going to do?” I asked Kim Bum. “Let’s run!” he said. Crazy! wink