Letting You Go

Gunshots of Love

Listen to (Goong OST – Stay): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y8cuKF5qxU

Jonghyun kept his promise.

                Throughout my days at the hospital, he’d always been the person beside me and taking care of me.

                He’d brought me a bowl of soup one day and blew the spoon.

                “Say ahhh,” he said.

                “I can do it myself,” I murmured.

                “Say ahhh,” he repeated.

                I rolled my eyes and opened my mouth anyways.

                “Good girl,” he said in reply with a smile.

                “You’re so stupid.”

                “Ahh, but you like it, don’t you?”

                I didn’t say anything.

                “Ahahaha! Thought so!” Jonghyun leaned in and kissed me again, and I gladly kissed him back, forgetting about everything for a moment.

                Then suddenly the door flew open and in came someone both Jonghyun and I knew too well:

                Key.

                Jonghyun stood up and walked over to him. “What do you want?”

                “Hyung…how’s ______?”

                “I’m fine,” I said.

                Key nodded. “That’s good.”

                “Just so you know,” Jonghyun said. “______’s with me now.”

                Key swallowed hard and looked down. “Hm…I see…”

                And that was when I knew that he’d seen me and Jonghyun kissing. Deep down inside, I felt guilty. But I didn’t want to lie to him.

                “Hyung…” Key started. “I heard from Kikwang and Se Kyung what ______ did for you.” Key looked at me. “She did something for you that has never been done for me in my entire life. She’s made her choice.”

                “K-Kibum…” I didn’t know what to say.

                Key walked over to me and grinned a bit. “It was short lived Lee ______, but don’t worry, I’ll get over it. I did get a kiss out of this crush, though.”

                I laughed. “I hate you, Kim Kibum.”

                Key smiled and kissed my forehead.

                Jonghyun pushed him out of the way. “YAH!”

                Key put his hands up in the air. “Wow, chill man.”

                “Get outta here, will you?”

                “Psh, fine then.” Key left and I felt guilty again.

                “You didn’t have to be so harsh on him…,” I mumbled.

                “He was all up on you! Do you think I could just stand back and watch him kiss you?”

                “It was just my forehead.”

                “But still…” Jonghyun walked over to me. “It was still a kiss.”

                “Hey Jjong,” I said.

                “Hm?”

                “Are you ever going to forgive Key?”

                Jonghyun sighed. “Yeah. Eventually.”

                “Hm…I see…”

                Jonghyun grabbed my hand. “Am I being a bastard to you?”

                I looked at him. “Huh?”

                “I meant what I’d said you know…back there at the warehouse…” Jonghyun looked into my eyes, and caressed my cheek softly. I felt butterflies in my stomach.

                “You’re alive and with me here right now…and so I’ll never be a bastard to you ever again,” Jonghyun said quietly. “I love you, _______. And if it weren’t for me you wouldn’t even be stuck in this hospital.”

                 “Don’t blame yourself,” I said, taking his hand and holding it in mine. “I’d made the choice to protect you. I love you, too. Even though I never expected myself to.”

                “So where are we going to go on from here?”

                “I don’t really know…honestly, I don’t think I can stand another year at the ISSAA. Maybe…” I smiled. “Actually, I have an idea.”