Love Is Not A Sacrifice

But I Can Change

- "Im only gonna ask you once, so listen up well will you. Did you or did you not take the ity of Japan girl? Did you her?"
I stopped in my tracks and looked up from my book. Was that...?
 

- "y- yes...," Someone murmured on the other side of the door next to me.
 

- "Speak louder..."
It was no doubt about it now, that voice belonged to Ren and he sounded pissed of. Curiously I pressed my ear against the door and listened to the two persons conversation.
 

- "Its a simple question. Did you or did you not write your own death certificate by sticking your disgusting into Chiyo´s body?" Ren asked, spitting out the words like poison to the receiver.
Chiyo? As in Arashina Chiyo? As in me?
 

- "I already told you I ed her!" The other boy finally said.
In a second, I could hear Ren get up from his chair, the wooden furniture hitting the ground and then something heavy hit the wall with much force.
 

- "TAKE THAT BACK!"
The scream startled me and I dropped my books.
Accidentally, they fell on the handle and before I could react the door slid open. It revealed the blonde Kingka Boy angel Ren, holding one of the guys that beat me up two days ago, when Ren found me, up against the wall.
As the door hit the wall with a low *tunk* he looked back at me, eyes suddenly opend up wide.
 

- "Japan Girl..." He mumbled and stared at me. My mouth fell open and a low squel escaped my lips. Something very complicated was going on in Rens head as he stared at my open mouth and awkward position slightly bended down towards the floor to catch the books that long ago had reached the ground.
 

- "I... I was... Joesonghamnida!"
I bowed down and grabed the books of the floor. Stupid girl! I thought as I practicly bowed myself out of the classroom.
 

- "You wait here!" I heard Ren spit out to the other boy. He came after me just as I turned around the corner and started running down the hallway.
 

- "Hey! Japan girl! Stop!" Ren yelled after me and out of reflexes I stoped emediatly. By the time he reached me I was shaking and my legs where trembling.
 

- "Youre a really fast runner!" He panted, catching his breath even though we had only been running a few metres.
 

- "Im really sorry... I didnt mean to listen in on your conversation..." I mumbled back, scared as heck of the punch that probably would come if I wasnt careful with my words.
 

- "Huh? Thats why you ran? I thought... Well I thought you.. I thought you were scared of me because I... I lik-..." He stopped right in mid sentence and blushed deeply. "Well just because, y´know."
I stared up at his beautiful face, his pale skin now coloured with a deep red. He was so beautiful that I thought I would cry.
 

- "I..."
 

- "I know I’m a yerk, okay, I know. And I know you probably think I’m crazy, but would you mind... Uhm... Would you maybe... I mean its fine if you dont want to... But if you wanna see a movie... I... Uhmm...”
Ren scratched the back of his head and grinned akwardly.


- “Are you trying to ask me out? I asked curiosly. Not that it was possible, because I was the one with the huge crush, Ren on the other hand just saw me as one of the nerds he wanted to make his homework.

- “Yeah...” He mumbled and my jaw dropped to the floor. “I kinda have a thing for you...”
Oh god was this real? Was he pranking me? Would my answer be filmed and showed infront of the whole school or something?
I looked around, trying to find a camera, a group of boys, a sound recorder, just anything, but there was nothing around us to film me.
So maybe, just maybe, there was a small chance of him actually liking me.


- “I... I don’t know what to say...” I mumbled and felt myself stumble backwards a short step.

- “Look. I don’t do this . I don’t fall in love with nerds that doesn’t speak proper Korean, and I really don’t ask out girls that get beaten up by my friends. So consider yourself lucky I changed my rules just for you!” Ren scuffed and flipped his long hair back, sending a stream of vanilla aroma around the narrow hallway.
I looked down. Why I didn’t feel lucky wasn’t very hard to understand, but why he thought I would feel lucky after the very, very crushing speech he just held.

- “I don’t want to be your sacrifice, Ren. Go find some other ” I stuttered and turned around to walk away.
He didn’t even try to stop me. He just stood there.
As I turned around the corner, I ran straight into Chaejin Sunbae.

- “Sunbae!” He looked down at me and smiled.

- “Chiyo Doll!”
He ruffled my hair and laughed. The nickname he always called me made me smile and not even as he brushed his thumb over the bruises and cuts on the left side of my face did I wince.

- “Who did this to you?” He asked and tried turning my head to see better, but I just smiled and shook his hand of my face.

- “Sunbae!” I said, just like every morning. “I can feel that this will be a good day!”
But, for the first time, not even I believed my words. What the hell did I just do, telling Ren no?

 

 

 

I am curently in India and had internet for the first time in very, very long time. So here is a update that is both new and old. Enjoy and remeber: Subscriptions makes the writer smile, a comment makes her fingers write ;)