Chapter 1

But I Can Change

Don't hate me pretty please!!!! I have rewritten the entire story because I totally hated what I had come up with. Don't be sad or angry, just please try reading this new version and forget about the old one. That doesn't have anything to do with this one oki? ;)

In one school, there is only place for one group of Kingkas, and one group of Queenkas. If the cool people become to many, then there won't be any smart, ugly or just plain uncool people to bully. That's what had started to happen to Seoul Foreign Art School.
There was the group of well behaved, pretty and smart kingkas: the leader JR, Aron, Min Hyun, Baek Ho, and the maknae Ren, who was the one most liked by girls.
Then the queenkas, who back stabbed each other more often than a supermodel changes her clothes and had their real friends along the nerds: Jihyun who had fought her way to the leading position, Gayoon, Jiyoon, Hyuna and little maknae Sohyun.
But everything went unbalanced as new group of Kingkas suddenly appeared. With the leader Gunwoo leading them into a war they clearly would fight with fists and not words, they were the mean Kingkas. No one could escape them as they every week put a name up on the school's board. The person on the board was sure to get the beatdown of his life, and the group didn’t exclude girls. But everyone in school knew that their maknae, Chae Jin, had a weakness. The new girl in school, who had moved to Seoul from Tokyo just a few weeks ago.
She had become his friend the very first day, and he was her only friend. The rest of his group, which consisted of Gun Woo, SeYong, Jun Q, Insoo and himself, would bully her and hit her, with the appreciated help of the Queenkas.
The name of this japanese girl was Chiyo and just as the meaning of her name, she seemed to be immortal. No mather how many times she had been beeten down, unable to defend herself, she had come back to school the following morning with a smile on her face, waving happily to Chaejin and telling him the same thing as every morning.

- "Sunbae! I can feel that this will be a good day!"
That's why Ren loved her. Of course he didn't know it and surely wouldn't admit it to himself, but he had fallen in love with Chiyo. God knows he didn't like the way she managed to pull her skirt down below her knees, and he hated her stupid pigtails more than anything. But her way of never giving up even though her fragile body had been bruised and broken more times in just two weeks than Ren could count, he loved that. He admired it, and he thought she was the bravest person alive.
So, of course he was greatly surprised as he one day, late at night, walked into a seemingly empty classroom and there found a sulking and crying Chiyo.
Her bare legs were covered in dirt, her skirt was hiked up to show underwear ripped to pieces, the black uniform soaking in what he feared was gasoline judging by the smell, and her face and black hair was smeared in dark, thick blood.
When he entered she heard him and made a motion as if to stand up, but fell down again. The moan of pain and fear that she let out made Ren take an instinctive step forward.
He wanted to help her, but he couldn't. His image, his entire personality was a person that wouldn't help a hurt girl. It would only bring him trouble. Trouble in form of 4 angry boys and their involuntary maknae.

- "You stink. Get the hell out of here and take a freaking shower!" He said instead and turned around to walk out again.

- "Ren...," She suddenly moaned from behind him. His name coming from her like that made him turn back around and stare at her.
Say something, he thought. Say that you need my help and that you want me!

- " you...."
She coughed out some blood after speaking and when she tried getting up this time, she succeeded. It was barely, but it was a success.
Ren just stared at her for a moment before he realised what she had just said.

- "What the hell did you just say?!" He hissed, tying his fists. He could hit girls too. Girls that made his blood boil and his body tense up.

- "Yo-ou want to-to, hit me-e?" She coughed. "Go ahead, i-its not li-ike you-u wo-o-ou-ould care."
There was a bitterness in her voice that he had never heard in any voice before. It sounded like her heart had just been broken and then run through a food processor until it was made into a fine paste.
But by who? The ones that hit her and drowned her in gas? Or maybe, just maybe, was it the guy that could have helped her but chose to turn away?
Ren didn't know, but a small part of him really hoped it was the second option.
He wanted her to love him even if he didn't know so himself.

- "You're such a messed up er," He said, more to himself than anything yet he made it sound like he meant Chiyo. With those words he hurriedly turned and left before she could say something more. When he got outside the classroom he started running. He ran fast through the empty halls, passing empty classroom after empty classroom. The blonde manboy couldn't take it.
Why is my heart pounding so fast, he thought. And why do I suddenly feel like turning back?

His running tour ended when he crashed into the wall. He had met a dead end and the only thing to do was to turn back. But he couldn't turn around. If he did, he knew he would run all the way back through the white hallways, find her and take her in his arms.
He knew now that if he didn't hold himself close to the wall he would have to admit his love, as he kissed away her pain and then killed the guys that had hurt her.
Ren couldn't do that. It killed him to just realise it and admit it to himself. But why her? Why did the most beloved, the most pretty of all the kingkas fall for the most bullied girl in the whole city of Seoul? It didn't make sense and it sure wasn't fair.
Panting and silently crying, Rens petite body slid down the wall, face still pressed into the hard and cold material.

What was he going to do now?