Chapter 01

Mission Accomplished (안녕 낯선 사람)

Siwon's POV:

The conference room was once filled with the bugging minds of our team, now that Min Jae Hwang's death autopsy has been revealed. He was the man I've been setting my eyes with from Wong Li Qian's party last Tuesday, after being informed that he will be present to congratulate Li Qian about his engagement. Min Jae Hwang is a middle-man of the syndicate our team had been longing to catch. ALIVE. But now that he's dead, we won't even have the chance to get what's we're after him.
"Police are closing the case by suicide." Donghae crossed his arms.
"Suicide?" Yubin repeated with a confused look, eyeing the crime photos.
I stood up and for a few minutes, I scanned it.. "Been shot once. Straight on the head..."
"His door was locked from the inside." Yubin added. "Got reason for this?"
Donghae shook his head. "Who's after them? The agency won't dare kill him."
"If in any case it is murder, then the killer made it look like a suicide." I arched my brows and I have this doubt that the case is nowhere near suicide. "Recent enemies? Competitors of their group? Know anyone?"
"I can point it out to three..." Yubin looked at me with narrowed eyes. "There's Kim Ryeowook, Choi Seung Hyun and Jung Yunho. Kim, whom the team had recently reported as his position-competitor, Choi, who keeps bamboozling their gang and Jung, a personal enemy. Money, I mean."
"I heard they found toxic substance inside him..." Donghae continued. "Though there's no evidence of this, yet."
"It isn't suicide." I was convinced. "Wait!"
"What?"
My eyes were glued on the paper, as a sudden conclusion fancied around my dumb head. "This exact same thing happened weeks ago. Yoon Sang Shik, remember? He's a motorbike racer who is believed to be one of Kim's loyal menial. Whom, they allegedly reported to commiting suicide due to Kim's harsh movements."
"So... What are you trying to say?" Donghae crosses his arms, observing me form head to toe.
Yubin shot him a playful glare. "That the suspect is the same."
"Right." I nodded my head once. "That's just... well, anyway, it's too early to conclude that. If there are any DNA samples for the suspect, then we're more likely to find things out." I placed the papers back on the table for a moment. "Though DNAs are not 100% accurate."
"We shouldn't be worrying about that case, anyway..." Donghae raised an eyebrow at me. "M54 is about to find out."
I shrugged, focusing my eyes on the photos. I lifted it up and I know there's something fishy about the case that my mind couldn't figure at the moment. 
"Annyeong haseyo!" There comes Seo Min Young, the brunette I've been liking and despising at the same time, holding a morning cup of coffee like she always does.
"It's about time." I muttered to myself, then shifted my gaze again back in the pictures.
"Eo! Eo! Min Young-ssi..." Yubin immediately beckoned her to look at the autopsy photos. "Suicide?"
She lift up a copy, poking on like she was really thinking of something deep when all she just mumbled was a low "Or not."
"It can't be suicide, right?" Donghae pulled a chair, resting his arms on the table.
"I doubt that." She pointed at something in the picture. "There's a fine line between murder and suicide..."
Yubin moved her head over the photo for a better view. "Eh?"
I saw Min Young rolled her eyes from the corner of my eyes, sitting next to Donghae. "Go figure!"
"Why can't police notice that?" I muttered to myself, holding my chin up.
"Police are a bunch of crap!" she nearly shouted.
"That's why we're here..." The man sitting beside her immediately agreed, smiling. "...to find things out."
Yubin merely shrugged, taking her seat opposite Donghae. I took a second glance at Min Young who is busily drinking her coffee, reading a newspaper. She only gave me a dirty smirk, nodding her head to beckon for me to sit down.

"Good morning, agents!" Lee Teuk greeted us his all-time favorite line, making it sound like Charlie from the hit American series 'Charlie's Angels', substituting the 'angels' for 'agents'.
"Good morning, Lee Teuk!" is just what he expects us to greet back, as a response from the 'angels'.
"Lee Teuk-ssi!" Yubin raised a copy of the crime photos. "Min Jae Hwang."
"Min Jae Hwang? Min Jae Hwang from Wong Li Qian's?"
Yubin nodded her head.
"Eo, let's set that aside for a moment because I have something more important to discuss with you. So..." He rubbed his hands together giving us an awkward grin. "I gathered you" He cleared his throat. "Well, I'm just thankful you gathered yourself here because today we're going to talk about a serious mission!"
"What mission isn't serious?" Min Young mumbled to herself yet still audible in the whole room.
"Min Young-ssi, can you just please keep quiet?" He glared at her to which she responded lifting her coffee cup. Really stubborn. "Well... Guess what? The agency is sending our team to Spain!"
"Hooray!" Min Young cheered to herself. "I can't wait to taste authentic Spanish cuisines!"
Lee Teuk held his hands up in the air, beckoning her to stop from talking. "It ain't free time, miss!" He stood straight and this time he looked real serious. "They're sending you off to: First, to find where the heck double agent Lee Seungri is and second, to find out the whereabouts of the Hasta el infinito— where Seungri is a member of. Apparently, they know about us." He pointed at himself. "But they don't know about you."
"How the heck?"
"Seungri used to work here and he's been my colleague since day 1. You're somewhat like newcomers, he won't have an idea who you are."
"Don't you think he'll find out?" Min Young scanned our curious faces. "I mean, he used to work here, he knows you and stuffs, not to mention he's a double agent which will make things more difficult and the fact that he now belongs to some infinity gang? Boy, are we gonna surrender a life here!"
"You're right about those points." Alas! Finally, they have agreed on some point. "I'm just surely hoping he won't recognize any of your faces!" He laughed.
My face fell. "What's funny?"
"Nothing." He replied flatly. "Anyway, I don't think they have an idea who y'all are. After finding out about his real identity, the company had been real secured and careful."
I don't know why but Min Young seems uneasy, gulping her own saliva and tracing circles on her temples. "Let's just talk about the mission. I mean, what are we gonna do about Hasta el infinito? Ditch them or something...?"
"You could ditch them." He smiled. "The key is to get and ditch the code for their mind control games."
"What do you mean?" Yubin held her chin.
Min Young rested her hands on the table, playing with her bracelets and looking bored."Cryptography? Steganography or...?"
"Yes they do."
Donghae chucks. "What? They go producing some songs with hidden messages? Backmasking?"
"They can." He sighs. "Well, anyway... back on the topic about mind control, you would—"
The annoying brunette suddenly interrupted. "And what does the mind controlling in Europe have to do with Asia?"
He held up a hand. "Would you, at least... Let me finish first?"
"So...?" I gestured.
"Certainly, they have something to do with Korea, young lady." He smirked. "We are their next target. How would you like a place filled with mind-controlled people to do all illegal things for them? Drugs, every bit of crimes there is, child abuse..."
"Oh... So that's what they want to do to infinity and beyond, eh? Criminal acts? What's with them? How're those things benefit them?"
"Seungri is a big rebel... They want to be like gods. They want people to do everything their own way, obviously they're against the government. How're these things benefit them? That's for you to know and to find out."
"So you're just going to leave it all up to us?" She sarcastically smiled.

Seeing the situation, I know Lee Teuk can't seem to keep up with this perky, obstinate woman who never fails to create seemingly heated argument between her and the colleagues. One reason I despise her. He ignored her and just sighed purposely, releasing the annoying feeling the woman is planting on him and maybe to get her to stop. "Well..." He threw each one of us a brown folder. "Study carefully your missions!"
I raised my hands and he turned his head to me. "Siwon-ssi?"
I opened it and there I saw a 2x2" picture of me with a birth certificate under a Spanish name. "Faustino Mendoza?" I read.
"Faustino Mendoza..." he repeated. "30-year old native who loves to gamble. And because of gambling, earned the money to own a yacht that he often uses to roam around the Bahamas. Lover of Alicia Delgado, a night-club entertainer and... "
"Gamble?" I made a sour face. "I don't even know how to!"
"For God's sake, Siwon!" Min Young smacked her forehead. "You little rascal! Who said you don't know how to gamble!? Seriously, you even played Go-Stop with me!"
"Aissi!" I scratched my head, as they tried to suppress their laughters. This girl surely knows how to talk. "Yaaaa!"
She smirked at me, making her hands shape into a gun. She kisses her forefinger before pointing it to me. "Got'cha!"
What am I gonna do with this girl? "Alright! It's just that... I mean in Casino. I never even visit such place, y'know."
"Holier than thou, Choi?" She grins, mumbling "Liar."
I ignored her and turned my attention back to Lee Teuk. "I'm gonna be disguising as Mendoza?"
"Yeah..." He firmly nodded his head once, sarcastically flashing a smile. "So please study carefully what he's like. For more details, please refer to the folders I've had given you." 
"We're on the lookout team then." Donghae stared at Yubin who's carefully analyzing her papers, answering "Back up! We'll be residing in Madrid."
"Stuck here!" Min Young hastily protested.
"Annyeong haseyo!" The tall woman shut the door close before proceeding to sat next to me. "Sorry, I'm late. I was—"
"Have a seat." Lee Teuk cut her through, throwing her a folder. "Alright, missy. The agency wants to send our team to Spain, we have a new mission."
"Excuse me?" She asks. "Where is Hangeng? I miss him!"
"He's not here so don't look for him."
"Would you mind...?" Min Young nods her head. "Tell her about the mission? I mean she just arrived, right?"
"Might as well stand up here in front, Ms. Seo..."
I just heaved out a sigh while the four of us exchanged glances, turning our eyes from Lee Teuk to Min Young. This is gonna get ugly.
"Excuse me." She scratches the back of her neck, standing up. "I need to go out for a sec."

Sooyoung's POV:


Mari Takashima 髙嶋 まり 
Birthdate: 1992-September-23 (19)
Birthplace: Kashiwazaki, Niigata, Japan
Gender: F
Nationality: Japanese
High School: Komae High School 東京都立狛江高等学校
University: Universidad Pontificia de Salamanca (2009-present)

I kept gazing at the file Lee Teuk had given me. "Mari Takashima..." I mumbled, taking a quick glance at each of my colleague. "Tch!"
flipped over a page and my eyes grew big as soon as I saw another person's form. "Alicia Delgado?!"
"Yes?" The team's leader raised his brows. "Problem?"
"Are you even serious about this?!" I scoffed at him. "Why in the world will I portray two different person? Does this damn agency gone mad?"
Siwon glared at me while Yubin just scratched her nape. "Youngie... Calm down." says Donghae.
"Alright..." I heaved out a sigh. "My point is... It would be more of a hassle portraying them at the same time, get what I'm saying? I will be more prone to be burned rather than to make a perfect under cover agent. People will be suspicious of me..."
"Read the form." He demanded.
I just rolled my eyes and once again, skimmed the papers. "Takashima at daylight and Delgado at nighttime. Oh yeah, right! Like what the hell!"
He slammed his paper on the table, probably annoyed by how I reacted. "Miss, you do realize you're an agent, right?"
"I know."
"You have to get Watanabe as you portray Mari... He knows Mari as a child. You better be her."
"No need to rant on this." Siwon interrupted, forcing a smile on me.
"If it didn't worked out, you got me." Yubin reassured me to which I responded with a tepid "Thanks, but no. I can handle this."
Donghae nodded, giving me his most genuine smile. "Youngie, we know you can do it."
With such air of reassurance my colleagues are giving me, I feel like I want to fake a cry and hug them. Their words really annoys me! They're making it look like I'm going to die or whatever! Like that in a television drama. And like seriously.
"Enough!" Lee Teuk sat down with us. "You," he pointed at me. "Since you're going to portray two different characters—that being a Japanese and a Spanish..." He handed me another bunch of crap. "Might as well study some handful of expressions."
"I can do good Japanese." I smiled. "And I'm quite aware of some Spanish expressions, I'll do good."
"Very well..." He raised an eyebrow at me, walking around the conference room and handing them their's. "I'll be expecting you to learn good Spanish quick, since we'll send you off in less than two weeks."
"Seriously..." Yubin sarcastically chuckled. "Are you expecting us to learn a language overnight?"
"No, miss Kim." He answered, moving his face inches to hers. "I'm just expecting you to learn the useful ones. But it would be better to be fluent right?" He lifted his head, gazing at Siwon then to me. "Especially to those two."
"Or... Just say 'Habla Inglés?' all the time!" Donghae tried to pull a joke and eventually succeeded since we neither chuckled nor laugh out of it.
"I need each one of you to be as keen as you could be on this mission." He announced, fiddling with his fingers on the table. "Study every thing you can about Spain, especially about Salamanca. The overview, culture and history are written on the back pages of the folders I have given you. Learn about the people, please! And I'm begging you to be friendly!" He raised his voice a little higher, pertaining to me. "When you go, cooperate and befriend the people around. But not too close, alright? Remember, the members could be anyone... Anywhere. Take every step cautiously and think about it twice before doing an action or—"
I lifted my hands in the air and everyone in the room shifted their eyes on me. "Alright, alright, Mr! We get it!"
"I was just—"
"You're giving us the obvious precautions you know... We've done this for like a million times! You're making it look like we're beginners!" I facepalmed myself. "We're agents, Lee Teuk-ssi. We know how to act."
"Would you let him finish first?" The annoying young, flawless man scoffed at me.
I annoyingly gestured for him to continue. "If you say so..."
"This is going to be your first mission overseas."
"Alright! Alright! Like it ain't obvious!"
He ignored me. "I'm gonna miss you!" He opened his arms, making the annoying 'huhuhu' sound that makes me want to punch him. "But not you..." he pinted to me. "And that brunette who excused herself that up til now, she's nowhere in sight!"
"Oh! Shut up!" I made a face. "You're gonna die missing me!"
"Anyway..." He walks in and ruffles my hair as his voice fade out into thin air, explaining Takashima and Delgado's mission and character which I'm not really paying attention to.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A/N: I'm new to this. HOHOHO. Please be patient with me. ^_____^ tell me what's wrong in it, i actually hesitated whether to post this or not. XDDD