The Newlyweds

Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring

Again, he smiled to one of the guests who congratulate him and his wife, whom he recognized as his father’s old partner in business. They chatted for a few minutes, then he excused himself to greet the other guests. He just went a few steps when he felt that ShinAe was a bit limping.

“Are you okay?”

“Can’t we sit for a while? These heels are killing me.” He heard his wife whined while still maintained her smile, and he couldn’t help to chuckle.

“Beauty is pain, honey,” he grinned widely, “you don’t want our guests to feel neglected, do you?”

“Three more guests then we’ll sit for a short five minutes or I’ll step on your feet with these heels.” He laughed in an amusement as she managed to glared at him while still smiling. However, he dragged her to their seats just after greeting one more guest and signalled one of the waitress to serve them some meal.

“I’m already hungry so let’s eat first.”

“Okay.” She sat down and happily dug in her food the waitress served them while occasionally observed the guests, to make sure they also had a good time. Everyone seemed to be happy, Donghae is using his charm to make Hyejin—her bridesmaid—agree to dance with him. She saw how eventually Hyejin surrenders to Donghae’s puppy eyes and even catch Donghae’s wink to Hyukjae and her, whom he know were watching them.

“I guess Donghae got a new crush...” Hyukjae murmured.

“And I guess Hyejin got herself a clingy fan for that...” she said, earning a laughter from Hyukjae.

“But I thought that’s his charm for girls,” Hyukjae stated, “girls just get tired to resist him.”

“Unlike my husband who tend to ignore his wife...”

“What?! Okay, I’ll be a more thoughtful husband for you, honey~” he teased.

ShinAe just rolled her eyes and continued eating, occasionally wishing her parents, who died in an accident were there. She was thinking about her sister too, wishing she could be here, rather than being in the hospital. Noticing that his wife has been quite, he distract her with his silly jokes, and successfully made her laugh.

After they finished their meal, Hyukjae asked her to dance together and although she really can’t dance, he insited that they should dance together and of course she can’t refuse it again because everyone in the party seemed to notice this and urge them to dance together.

So there she was, just swaying here and there and Hyukjae twirled her a few times with a make-me-fall-and-I’ll-give-you-hell look in her eyes to Hyukjae. He just laugh and make her dance a bit, since the song played was a slow song too, sang by his friends, Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, and Yesung. It was romantic, not to mention that they held the party at the garden, a fountain in the middle of the altar, in a bright summer afternoon.
 

They came across Donghae and Hyejin, and Donghae gave a look that seemed like ‘Congrats on your wedding and thank you for making this girl your bridesmaid’. Of course without Hyejin noticing it. After the romantic dance, a few hours flew by where all they did was greeting the guests again then said goodbye to everyone to head to their new home.

 

***



ShinAe took in her surroundings—her new room in her new home with Hyukjae—in a contented smile. It was not as bad as she had thought. Having your old friend as your husband maybe is not a bad thing at all. Especially when you and him agreed to leave personal matters alone as long as it will not affect the other. She took a long shower and put on her pajamas and proceeded to the bed when she noticed her husband is watching some tv shows on the bed.

“And why are you here?” she raised an eyebrow.

“They didn’t put a bed on the other room.” He shrugged, never took off his sight from the television.

“Then sleep outside.”

“It’s summer  you know, there must be lots and lots of mosquitos outside, and no, that couch will got me some back aches.” He reasoned and cut ShinAe when she was about to make him sleep on the couch across the room.

She crossed her arms, “are you just telling me to sleep outside?”

“Well, I don’t mind sharing this bed but since you like it more to sleep outside, feel free to sleep there.” He grinned mischievously then saw her expression turned sour, “oh come on! It’s not like we never slept beside each other! And at those times, didn’t I always behave myself?”

“But it was never just the two of us, Hyuk! Ah, never mind, just take a shower first!” She remembered when, being in the same college and major made them often working on a project together, and they even had to stayed up all night or stayed at Hyukjae’s house to finish it. But they was sleeping on the table or the carpet, not on the bed like Hyukjae suggested now.

Hyukjae just jumped off the bed like a little kid then strolled off to the bathroom.

 

When he was done, he saw ShinAe was watching some random show on TV on the bed. He joined her, then only the sound from the TV is heard. But actually, neither of them was watching the TV. Until finally ShinAe surrendered.

“I’m going to sleep.” Raising the blanket to her chin she closed her eyes.

“Me too.” Turning off the TV and the lights, he stared at the ceiling, unsure about what to say to her.

“Thank you.” He murmured, loud enough for ShinAe to hear.

“Thanks to you too. I can never paid the hospital bills if it wasn’t for you.”

“No, I’m not thanking you for agreeing to be my wife, I know I’m irresistible,” a smack of a pillow on his face is heard along with his laugh before he quieted, “thank you for smiling and pretending to be happy. It means so much for my parents... And thank you for always being patient towards them.”

“That’s because they have never been a nuisance like you, honey...”

He chuckled, “but I’m still irresistible, right?”

“Dream on!” she rolled her eyes then stared at the ceiling, “I just hope they were there...at the wedding...”

Hyukjae thought awhile before assuring her, “attending the party won't do any good for your sister’s health, you know... She can’t leave the hospital. And I’m sure your parents are happy. They must be glad because even when they’re not in this world anymore, their eldest daughter got herself an outstanding husband like me...”

She smiled at his jokes, “Okay...enough for your self-complimentary...go to sleep!”

“Night, honey...” he teased.

“Night, Hyukkie...”

 

The next morning, ShinAe woke up first to see her husband still in his dreamland, mouth opened like a little kid. She chuckled then reached the bedside table to take her phone. She snapped some pictures of Hyukjae sleeping, mouth wide opened then posted it on her twitter account.

My lovely husband is sleeping like a kid...kekekeke... ^^

She went to the bathroom to take a shower then wake Hyukjae up.

“Wakey wakey, Hyukkie!” she shook him.

Hyukjae opened his eyes and whined, “can I sleep for five more minutes?”

“No, or I will leave you here and I’ll go to the hospital alone without giving you any breakfast.”

He gaped at her and sat up, “you’re a meanie...You know I can't concentrate on anything without a breakfast...”

“I’ll make our breakfast while you’re taking a bath... So after that get ready then come down to the kitchen.”

“Tsk..tsk..Whiney wifey...” he teased.

ShinAe glared at him, “well thank you, honey... And say goodbye to your breakfast.” Then she grinned evilly.

“Mwoh?! NO THANK YOU!!! Jaebal, honey, I was just kidding!! Don’t let your handsome husband starving,pleaaaseeee?” he gave his best puppy eyes and pout.

“Get ready in fifteen minutes or I’ll eat your breakfast too.”

And without thinking twice he dashed off to the bathroom.


--------------------------------------------------------------

okay, is this too long??? ^^; comments are looooved :)