A Day at the Beach

A Day At The Beach-Kai

It was a bright Saturday morning, the rays of the sun crept through the curtains, you opened the curtains as you slowly inhaled the sweet fresh scent of the ocean.  You called your friends to see if they could join you at the beach. Unfortunately, none of them are available because they all had to go to work. So you decided to go alone not wanting to waste such a beautiful day. You packed your bags and lunch then walked to the beach since it was right beside your house. You set up your umbrella and blanket on the beach, got your lunch set up too. As relaxing as the beach was, you still felt a little lonely.

Suddenly, you heard footsteps walking towards you getting louder and louder. You kept your eyes closed hoping the stranger would leave you alone.

"Yah!_________-ah" The man said.

That voice sounded really familiar to you. You slowly opened your eyes to see who it was, it was your best friend Kai.

"Yah! Jong In! I thought you said you couldn't come!"

"Haha! I wanted to surprise you!"

"Well you surprised me real good, care to join me for lunch Kai?" You smiled at him and he smiled back.

While you two were eating, you got crumbs on the corners of your lip. Kai grabbed a napkin and brushed off the crumbs for you. You blushed as he flashed a cute smile at you and you weakly smiled back while looking down. It's been 5 minutes since you two have talked, ever since he did that to you, you were too nervous to even look at him.

"_______-ah, why aren't you talking?" He chuckled.

"I-I, uhh..." You were too nervous to look into his eyes because you knew you were falling for him.

He was your best friend so it should've been easy for you to talk smoothly with him.

"______-ah, I have to tell-" you cut him off.

"Let's go play in the water!" You said to Kai.

You ran into the ocean and let the waves splash onto your legs. He walks up behind you and bends down to your ear.

"I said I have to tell you something..." His husky voice whispered into your ear as it sent shivers down your spine.

"W-what do you want to tell me?" you stuttered.

"I love you."

Kai lifted up your chin, bent down to your level and kissed you on the cheek. You felt your cheeks heat up and turn bright red. You lay your finger tips on the cheek he kissed you and stood there smiling. You looked up and he was smiling knowing that you really liked the kiss.

"I-I love you too Kai, but I didn't want to admit it because I didn't want to ruin our friendship."

You two stood there in the water awkwardly without saying a word. He suddenly leaned forward and hugged you tight. Your face is against his bare chest and you wrapped your arms around his waist. He lets go and lifts you up carrying you bridal style. Your arms went around his neck, you looked into his deep brown sparkly eyes and he stared back into your eyes. His nose nuzzling your nose and he slowly kissed your lips. You pulled his head closer to you kissing him back.

"I love you." You both said out loud smiling at each other.

 

-The End-