Chapter 11

Don't Judge A Book By Its Cover

 

When we were finally a good distance away from the awkward couple, Luhan let go of my hand. I felt empty; my hand seemed to be longing for Luhan's warmth again. No. No. This is wrong; I like Daehyun. Daehyun! I'm just going crazy since I've been watching too many chick flicks lately. Yeah. That's what's going on.

 

"Aww. Look at them," Kris said chuckling. He nodded towards us. I panicked; I didn't want them to get the wrong idea, but then I realized that he was actually looking behind us. I turned to find the originally very awkward duo holding hands. Sehun planted a quick kiss on Baekee's cheek. Wait, what?! That was fast! Great; all my chick flicks are flashing through my mind. All I can see is the perfect couple, and then me, the loner and third-wheel. Fun, fun~

 

They practically skipped over to us. Sehun threw his arms around his hyungs.

 

"Hyungs! Thank you!!!" He screamed into their ears. We all flinched from his volume, but awwww, how adorable!

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Hyemi? Will you go with me to Beginnings?" Daehyun asked me the following week. We had had a few more pleasant conversations since the mall incident, and I'm once again positive of my feelings for him. He was a white t-shirt with black jeans and a long chain, but dang, that boy was fine.

 

"What?" I was secretly squealing inside. Here it goes: EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Daehyun pulled out the rose from behind his back. "Will you go to Beginnings with me?"

 

"Yes. Yes. Yes!" I said, a huge grin threatening to break my face in two.

 

"She can't. She has work duty," that voice again?! It seems like he's always around these days. Surprise, surprise; there he was, his hands in his pockets, his eyes narrowed, and his mouth in a straight line.

 

"I can manage it," I hiss at him. My eyes clearly screaming "go away," but he chose to ignore me.

 

"No she can't," he directed at Daehyun.

 

"If she says she can, then she can." Daehyun retorted.

 

"No she can't!"

 

"Back off! Don't be petty Luhan. Just because you know your group isn't as good as ours doesn't mean you need to take it out on me or Hyemi. You need to leave her alone!"

 

"This has nothing to do with either of our groups. And I'm not taking it out on Hyemi. She can't handle that much work in one night!" And with that, a fuming Luhan forcibly dragged me away by the hand. Daehyun grabbed my other wrist before we could get far.

 

"Let go of her! She's not your toy!" Daehyun growled. His hold on me tightened; I winced in pain.

 

"Daehyun…" I whispered trying to catch his attention so he could at least not cut off my wrist with his hand. He ignored me…

 

"You let go! You're hurting her!" Luhan snapped.

 

"You let go!"

 

"No. You let go!"

 

They continued to bicker back and forth; each leaving red marks on my skin.

 

"Guys...This really hurts…" I whimpered, tears threatening to fall. This wasn't the Daehyun I knew; this Daehyun was overly aggressive, and his strength really scared me. Luhan's hold wasn't as bad; he was mostly just tenderly holding my hand, but as time passed and the tension between him and Daehyun rose, my fingers started to lose blood flow. Oh my goodness; I'm gonna die like this.

 

"Both of you, stop it." Finally, a savior.