How I Feel

His Past. Her Nightmare.

In downtown Paranoia, the streets were alive with cars, people and the sound of everyday life. Adults were off to work, little kids were off to school and you and Baekhyun took the day off just to spend it with each other.

How sweet.

In the plaza, lined with shops, cafes, and restaurants, the two friends spent most of their time near the fountain. They've had some of their best memories in that square. From meeting just to be together to shows and performances, the plaza was the one place they could go if they ever needed to find each other.

"So where to now?" Baekhyun asked.

"It's your day, Birthday Boy. We can do whatever you want," you replied.

"B-but it's OUR anniversary, you."

"It's alright," you smiled. "I'm here for you."

Baekhyun sighed with a frown then forced a small smile and patted her head.

"Okay, dongsaeng. Whatever you say~"

Baekhyun hated when you would always put him first. It made him feel spoiled, like he was the favored child over her. Today he'd return the favor, but not yet.

"So," you said again, "where to?"

Baekhyun thought for a moment, then a lightbulb lit itself aove his head.

"The carnival!" he smiled. "This is it's last day in town. Why don't we go there?"

 "Jinja???" you said brightly.

"Neh."

"Then lead the way!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a few hours since the two friends first started out. They went to the carnival and spent naerly half the day there, going on rides, playing games and eating cotton candy. Their next destination was the merry-go-round. It wasn't like those for little kids. I was a gigantic picturesque piece of art. It was the biggest in the country. How it could be taken from place to place was a mystery to all that came to see it.

"Wow~" you said as her eyes began to sparkle.

Baekhyun looked at his friend and couldn't help but smile. He always loved to see you smile or her eyes glow, especially since it was practically a once in a lifetime thing. Baekhyun would do anything and everything he could just to see it.

"Well, come on!" you exclaimed, grabbing Baekhyun's hand.

"Hey! Wait!" Baekhyun said.

Before he had a chance to argue, youhad already started dragging him to the ride. Baekhyun was laughing and smiling on the way, seeing how happy his friend was. They were both looking forward to it, until they saw who was waiting for them.

"Well, if it isn't the two lovebirds."

Their conversation was interupted by the familiar voice of a long time enemy.

A group of boys sat on and near the ride. To everyone else they were an intimidating group of thugs. To you, they're a gang of annoying pest. A small smudge on the face of mankind that pose as nothing, but a mere threat to Baekhyun's safety. At least, that's all she cared about.

"Scarface....." you began, "what are you doing here?"

"Get it through your thick skull. It's Kris!"

Kris, the leader of the pack, stood up. He had somewhat spiked light brown hair. He had a sly character, used to always getting what he wants. He was a jerk with a parasitic soul always feeding off of the benefits of others until he them dry. you knew this and loathed him ever since kindergarten. Over the years he's replaced members of his and sometimes tried to claim you. It never worked.

"Well," he began with a smirk, "my friends and I know it's a special day for you two and we wanted to congradulate you."

"Yea, yea. What's the real reason your here???"

His amusing attempt to be kind faded and died out. He looked up to Baekhyun. you stepped in front of him.

"We came for the mouse," Kris pointed to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun tensed up.

"W-what do you want me for?" Baekhyun asked, trying not to shake.

"We want to give you your birthday gift. It's a real... punch."

Kris stepped closer.

"Step of Kris!!!" you snapped.

"you. Calm down," Baekhyun whispered to his friend.

"Well isn't this cute? Your little girlfriend is protecting you~ Shouldn't it be the other way around?"

"Leave him alone!"

"Why? So the little mouse can cowar in fear like he always does?"

"I'm not a coward!" Baekhyun said, trying to stand up for himself.

"Quiet runt!!!"

Baekhyun flinched and looked down grabbing you's shirt.

you then looked back sensing something wrong.

"Bacon?"

He didn't look up.

"He's weak!" Kris continued. "He doesn't deserve to be called a boy let alone a man!"

The group began to laugh except for one.

Baekhyun started sobbing.

"Baekhyun?" you said again.

He still didn't look up.

you took his hands and held them together as tears started to trickle down his cheeks.

"Baekhyun...."

"Aww look at the poor baby~ He's crying!!!"

The laughing hyenas continued with their mocking and jokes, but the tame lion stepped in to stop them.

"Hey," the sane one nugded Kris. "Knock it off already. He's crying. Isn't that enough."

Kris stopped and thought for a moment....

"Nope!" Kris answered and kept laughing with the others. "Learn how to have some fun Chen. It's not everyday we get to thrah on that turd."

Chen sighed and looked up at the you and Baekhyun apologetically. He never wanted to hurt anyone....

Baekhyun did his best to hold back his tears, but it just got harder as it seemed to him like the laughs were getting louder. He started to shake violently and you was getting worried. As the seconds went by and his condition slowly got worse, dark clouds began to roll in out of no where. They covered the entire sky darkening the small town except for it's lights.

you looked up and saw the sky darken. In the distance she heard thunder.

"Come on," she said the Baekhyun.

She glared back at the group and turned Baekhyun around, putting her hand on the small of his back.

"Let's go home....."

you began walking, but Baekhyun stayed put.

"Come on, Baekhyun. It's gonna rain....."

"No....."

The thunder stopped and so did you.

"W-what?"

"No," Baekhyun repeated with his head still down. "We're not going home."

"But Baekhyun you-"

"We're not going home just because I'm a stupid cry baby...."

He wiped his eyes.

"What about the-"

"you... Today is our anniversary." The clouds started to slowly disperse. "I'm not gonna let it get ruined because of me or mother nature having mood swings okay?"

"Baekhyun, you don't-"

Beakhyun cleanched his fists.

"You've spoiled me to no end for 10 YEARS and I feel like I'm being a bad friend! I want you to feel special too. More than how you make me feel everyday...."

you was staring at him. Speechless.

The skies were now clear as though the ominous clouds had never come. Baekhyun looked up with a sweet smile and a few tears still on his cheeks.

"Now let's go enjoy the rest of our day," he said, brightly.

"O-of course," you smiled.

The two left the carnival, completely forgetting about the gang they'd come up against. They were smiling and laughing with each other just like any other day, until Baekhyun stopped them at an unfamiliar building.

"Baekhyun," you began. "What is this place?"

"You'll see~" He answered covering her eyes.

"Yah!"

He chuckled and start walking, leading her into the building.

"Baekhyun, where are we going?"

"I'm not telling you."

"But oppa~~~!"

Baekhyun laughed at her whining.

"We're almost there."

They kept going for another 5 minutes, then stopped. The atmospere was cool and it felt open and full of life. It was a feeling unfamiliar to you and Baekhyun knew it.

"You ready?" Baekhyun asked her.

"I've been ready ever since you put your hands over my face......" she answered a bit annoyed.

"Okay," he chuckled. "1...... 2....... 3!"

Baekhyun took his hands away quickly and jumped back.

you opened her eyes and saw nothing, but pitch black darkness.

"Baekhyu- AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"