Together Forever. My Best Friend and Me.

His Past. Her Nightmare.

On a bright sunny day on the second day of first grade the classes went outside for recess. This was the first time the children got to socialize with other classes since the day before it rained. They were all having fun, playing together, but there was one boy that decided o play by himself.

His name was Baekhyun. A small and delicate boy that never really knew how to make friends. His mother always tried to help, but failed everytime. She oped that by sending him to school would help. Fortunately for her, her last resort proved to be pretty successful.

"Hey kid!"

Baekhyun looked up to see a group of older boys walking up to him. He was a bit  nervous, but managed to smiled.

"Hi," he said. "I'm Baekhyun. Do you want to play with me?"

"Sure sounds like a plan. Come here."

Baekhyun went over to who looked like a leader and smiled at him, only to be caught off guard by being pushed down.

"Hey! You can't do that!" Baekhyun said.

"Yea and what what are you gonna do about it?"

The boys began to laugh as Baekhyun began to cry.

"Aw, look at the little baby cry~ HAHAHA!!!!!" another said.

"HEY!!!"

The boys stopped their laughing and turned around. Baehyun sat behind them, sobbing, while trying to see what was going on. In front of them was a younger girl holding a big stick in her right hand. She wore scruffed up capris and a white t-shirt with a red, white and black plaid cardigan. Her legs were scratched up and had a few dirt marks on her face.

"Who are you?"

"That's none of your bee's wax," she snapped. 

The leader frowned and his possey circled around her.

She wasn't scared, in fact, instead of cowaring, she stared them down and tighten her grip on the stick.

"What do you plan on doing with te that?" the main bully asked her. "Wave it around like a wand?"

The group laughed and without hesitation, the girl hit the leader across the face with the stick, knocking him to the ground. The rest of them gasped as they stared in awe at their friend holding his scarred face and screaming.

"What was that for???" he cried out.

"You made my friend cry..." the girl said. "Now go away or your friends are next."

The girls glared at the boys.

"Boo!"

They yelped and helped their friend to his feet, scurrying away to the other end of the playground. The girl dropped  the stick and ran to Baekhyun, crouching down in front of him.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"Mmhmm," Baekhyun nodded, wiping away his tears. "W-why did you help me?"

"You needed it," she smiled. "You also looked like you needed a guardian."

"A-are you my angel?"

"I'm not an angel, but I'll be your friend."

"You will?"

"Yea," she sat next to him, "and I promise to always protect you. No matter what."

"Jjinja?"

"What?"

"I-I mean..."

"Forget it. We'll work on fixing your accent later. So is it a deal?"

She held out her pinky.

"Yes."

Baekhyun smiled and hooked his pinky with hers, placing his thumb against hers as well.

"What are you doing?"

"A pinky promise," he said. "Isn't this how you do it?"

"Haha, it is now."

The girl sat next to him, looking out at the kids playing.

"I'm you . What's your name kid?"

"Baekhyun."

"Baekhyun?" she asked in disbelief.

He nodded.

"Sounds like Bacon."

"Yea..."

"Well then Bacon," she put her arm around his shoulder and smiled, then held out her pinky again to him. "Best friend forever?"

"Yea," Baekhyun blushed, but didn't hesitate. "Best friends forever."

 

--- 10 Years Later ---

 

"BAEKHYUN, YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS HERE!!!"

"She's not my girlfriend!!!"

Today was a very special day for both you and Baekhyun. It had been exactly 10 years since they met and both of them had been looking forward to spending the whole day together.

Baekhyun had been waiting on the roof since 5:30 am, just watching the sky as he waited for his best friend. He climbed into his bedroom window and got ready (thankfully he was in the attic). Since he'd gotten dressed nearly two hours earlier, he just slipped on his white hoodie with the hood up and headed down stairs.

"Good morning," his mother greeted from the kitchen.

"Morning mom," Baekhyun said walking in and kissing her cheek.

"You ready for your date?"

"Ugh, it's not a date mom. She's just a friend. She has been for 10 years."

"When I was young, being with someone for that long meant that you were dating or married..."

"Sorry mom, but dinosaurs aren't around any more."

"Excuse me?"

"I'm just kidding." He smiled and kissed her cheek again. "Gotta go."

Baekhyun rushed to the exit until he was stopped again.

"Wait," his mother said. "Let me see how you look."

-So close...- he thought.

"Mom. I don't have time for fashion checks."

"Let. Me. See."

Baekhyun groaned and turned around to his mom.

"Your still wearing that jacket?" she asked.

"Yes mom..."

"Ugh at least put the hood down."

She walked over to him and attempted to remove the hood.

"No, no MOM!!!" Baekhyun whined holding his hood on. "Please just let me go."

"Fine."

"Thank you."

He turned to leave.

"Do you have her gift?"

^Damn.^

"Umm..."

Baekhyun pat himself down to see if he had it on him.

"Over here, honey."

He turned around to see his mother holding up the red box he'd been saving for that day. He smiled and went over to get it.

"Thanks," Baekhyun said taking the box.

"Wait," his mother eyed him. "Wait is that?"

"Mwo?"

"Around your eyes... *gasp* Were you wearing eyeliner???"

Baekhyun sighed.

"Mom," he began," we've been over this. The black lines around my eyes are birthmarks. Okay?"

"Alright."

"Can I go now? you gets antsy when she's waiting for too long."

"Go ahead. Have fun, sweetheart."

BAekhyun headed for the front door when his mother called out.

"DON'T COME BACK UNLESS I HAVE POSSIBLE GRANDKIDS!!!"

"MOM!!!"

She laughed as Baekhyun opened the door and left.

^That woman is crazy.^

Baekhyun stepped out onto the porch and scanned the property for his friend.

"you?!"

He sighed, sitting on the stairs waiting for her to arrive.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

He suddenly felt a pair of hands grasp his shoudlers, making him shout and jump up. He spun around to see his best friend kneeling down on the porch laughing at him. He put his hand to his heart with a sigh of relief.

"God you , don't do that!"

"Happy Birthday and Anniversary, Bacon!" she said still laughing a bit and holding out a wrapped gift to him.

Baekhyun couldn't help, but smile. He took the package and unwrapped it revealing the back of a picture frame. He turned it over and his eyes went wide. On the other side was a picture of himself and youon their first playdate back when they were kids.

"I-I thought we lost this over the computer years ago!" he grinned.

"Yea. I was looking through my photos with a cousin and he found it buried somewhere," you said happily.

"Thanks dongsaeng. I love it" he said kindly and stepped closer to her. "You know what's coming next right?"

"Wha- oh no..."

"Oh yea~"

"Please don't."

"Come here!"

 you  tried to run, but Baekhyun got his arms around her before she got the chance to go anywhere.

"Ahh!"  you  screamed playfully. "Let me go oppa!"

"Ani~ you're too huggable."

"Oppa!!!"

"Alright." Baekhyun let go of her and ruffled her hair.

"Now I've got something for you."

He went to take out the gift he got for her, but started to panic when he couldn't find it.

"Is this what you're looking for?"

Baekhyun looked and saw  you holding the red box.

"How do you do that?" he chuckled.

"It's a secret," she winked.

"Haha, well go ahead and open it."

 you took the lid off the box and a wide smile crept onto her face. Inside the box was a black ring on a chain with tribal designs going around it.

"Wow," she said with her eyes sparkling. "It's beautiful."

"Look on the inside."

She took the necklace out and saw an enggraving on the inside of the ring.

"My little angel..." she whispered. She blushed a bit too.

"Happy Anniversary, Cheonsa," Baekhyun smiled and pecked her cheek.

"Yah! Don't do that!!!"

Baekhyun laughed. When the two were younger they'd go off with the ruse that the two were dating so that others wouldn't bother Baekhyun. Every once in a while, Baekhyun would play with her by kissing her cheek. Though it was you's idea to "date", she still got shy with his extra kick to it.

"Why must you do that?" you  blushed.

"Because you're my best friend and I love you for that," Baekhyun pinched her cheek.

"Yea, yea, yea..."

Baekhyun smiled at his red and pouting friend and helped her put on the necklace.

"Thanks..." she somewhat grunted, not looking at him.

^He's so lucky I promised to protect him...^

She shook off her frustration and smiled.

"Well what are we waiting for?" she said beaming. "It's 7 am and we've got a long day ahead of us. Let's go!"

you  ran ahead off the property onto the sidewalk.

"HEY, WAIT UP!!!" Baekhyun shouted and ran after her.