The Phone Call

The Phone Call

 

*Ring ring*
 
Key: “C’mon ____-ah! Pick up!”
 
The customer you are calling is unavailable at the moment. Please leave a message at the tone.
 
-BEEP-
 
Key: “Yah! Jaigya! Where are you?! I’ve been trying to call you all day! AIISH, YOU PABO!”
 
-BEEP-
 
Key “Aish, that girl. Where are you? I’m so worried.”
 
-4 hours later-
 
You finally came home after a long day of exams, 5 hours of work, and attending one of your good friend’s funeral. You slam the front door of your apartment and see your phone on the coffee table.
 
You: “Aish, that’s where I left it.”
 
42 missed calls. 14 new messages.
 
Kibum, Kibum, Kibum, Kibum….
 
You: “I’m in so much trouble.”
 
You pick up your cell and dial his number.
 
Key: “WHERE WERE YOU?!”
 
You: “M-Mianhe oppa. I was o-out all day doing-“
 
Key: “I don’t care what you were doing! I tried calling you a million times!! Where the heck were you!! Are you that stupid to have forgotten your phone?! It’s not like you had anything important to do!! Aish, what’s wrong with you?!”
 
Not like you had anything important to do. Your friend’s voice popped in your head as tears formed in your eyes and slowly slipped down your cheeks. Your voice started to shake and quiver.
 
You: “I-I’m sorry for being like this. I h-had my finals today and the café n-needed more assistance t-today than usual. A-And, I had to a-attend my f-friends f-funeral t-t-today. I-I’m s-sorry Kibum.”
 
Key: “Omo, are you all right? I’m so sorry. J-Jaigya, I-I didn’t know. I shouldn’t have said that. I’m sorry-“
 
You: “I-I h-have to g-go oppa. –Sniffs- Annyeong.”
 
-Dial tone-
 
Key: “I’m a pabo. Ugh, why did I yell at her so carelessly?”
 
-Next Day-
You woke up in the morning to the sound of your phone buzzing by your head. Your face was still damp from the tears you shed last night. You opened your phone to check who it was but you already knew.
 
Kim Kibum <3
4:15 AM
 
You looked at your clock for the time. It was almost 9 am. You sighed sadly and clicked the voicemail to listen to his message.
 
Key: “Jaigya? I won’t bother to call you; I already know you won’t pick up. Well, I just need to say I’m sorry. I really didn’t mean to yell at you. I’m such a pabo. I don’t deserve you. I nag at you and I can be so rude yet you deal with me. You might not love me anymore but I know I do and I always will. Jaigya, ____-ah, my love, my life. I miss you so much. I haven’t seen you in months. Since early August. I miss your beautiful face, your soft voice, your sweet smile, your cute laugh, your wonderful love. I miss you. This message is getting too long. Again, I’m sorry ____-ah. I love you with all my heart jaigya. And one last thing, go open your front door please. That’s all. Saranghae.”
 
Your heart softened and now you feel bad for him. Although it was his fault, that was sweet of him. You know he’s in Japan busy with schedules so for him to take his time to even remember to call you all day because he was worried which was really considerate. You slowly got out of bed and made your way to the front door of your apartment. You slowly opened the door, expecting some roses or chocolates he sent. But instead, you found him.
 
He lay on the floor sleeping soundlessly. He was curled up in a ball with a big jacket around him. Next to him lay a bouquet of your favorite flowers. You smiled down at him.
 
He’s so sweet. He’s busy in Japan and he decides to come see his girlfriend. He’s going to get nagged at so much. But I’ll be there for him, saranghae Kibum.
 
You picked up the flowers and tried to carry Key into your apartment. After fumbling a few times you picked him up in your arms (luckily he’s light) and laid him onto your bed.
 
You: “You’re a pabo. You really are.”
 
You lifted the blankets onto him as you snuggled next to him.
 
You: “But you’re my pabo.”