Hospital Chats

Childhood Charms

 

Yongguk put down his food and looked at me straight in the eyes, lowering his voice as he asked, “Do you really want to know?” 

I nodded my head in response and watched Yongguk as he put he hand on his chin, “Yeah no.” 

I looked down in disappointment as Yongguk smiled, looked back down and finished his food. “Don’t worry about it Junhong,” he said as he got up from the couch. “They’re just a bunch of idiots.”

I watched Yongguk throw the wrapper into the bin. Even though Yongguk told me not to worry I really wanted to know what happened last night. More importantly why they were beating him up. 

“Okay... So what happened after I was knocked out?” I decided to ask him once again.

Yongguk sighed, “You seriously want to know that badly?”

I nodded my head vigorously as he sat on the other bed and sighed.

“Well then, if you really want to know, I knocked the other guys out.” Yongguk started bluntly while rubbing his head. “But I couldn’t really take you to the hospital and leave those guys there, someone would think we were trouble.”

I understood what he meant: if Yongguk left with me they’d think Yongguk was the bad guy when he was actually trying to stop them. When in reality, it was the exact opposite. I nodded my head, signaling him to continue.

“I checked to see if you were alright and a boy came around the corner, telling me that he heard screams from here,” Yongguk sighed and continued. “I think he recognised you.”

I nodded again but I was confused. His story didn’t make sense: no one who knows me and lives near me would be bothered to care what happened to me. Everyone hates me. I now had a sudden urge to find out the person who actually cared about me.

Yongguk rubbed his head, trying to remember what happened, “The guy was definitely from our school since he was wearing our uniform, so I knew I could trust him.” 

My head was sore from all the nodding but I continued to nod and at the same time, I went through a quick list of people at school that liked me. No luck.

“I told the guy to call the police to arrest the unconscious guys while I took you to the hospital,” Yongguk continued. “Once I got in the hospital I took off your bag before the nurses rushed you into the emergency room.”

I listened intently as Yongguk talked, quickly glancing at my body that was covered with bandages. I didn’t know my injury was that bad.

“While you were inside some nurses worked on me,” Yongguk continued. “But since I only had a few cuts and bruises, it wasn’t that major.”

I looked at Yongguk’s arms: his left arm covered with bruises whereas his right arm was bandaged. It didn’t look like minor injuries to me. 

I looked back at his face when he coughed. He raised an eyebrow. I bet he knew that I doubted his story but he continued nevertheless.

“After they bandaged me up I looked for your phone in your bag and called your parents.” Yongguk said with a sigh. 

“Don’t worry,” Yongguk said, reading my worried expression on my face. “I told your parents you were staying at a friend’s house.”

My eyes widened at Yongguk’s answer. My parents would never believe me if I told them I was staying at a friend’s house. After all, I just yelled at them because they wanted me to make new friends many times before.

“You know my parents aren’t going to believe that.” I said to Yongguk before he could continue any further.

“And why is that?” he asked with his eyebrow raised.

I hesitated. Yongguk seemed so intimidating. 

“I don’t have any friends. No one actually likes me.” I explained to him.

Yongguk spoke up, “You do know that having friends won’t hurt you right?”

I really wanted to tell him right then that he was wrong: the first five friends that I made completely forgot about me. They hurt me because they forgot our promise. It hurt because I was the only one who still remember.

“Yeah, well you don’t know what I’ve been through.” I said in a depressed tone.

I wished I could’ve walked out of the room right then and there, but the pain in my stomach and head from last night wouldn’t go away. I heard Yongguk get up from the bed but I couldn’t be bothered looking up.

“Maybe I do...” I overheard Yongguk say to himself. 

What does he mean by that? I looked up and watched him grab his bag. “Whatever,” he said out loud. “Your parents seemed happy when I told them you were staying with someone else. Don’t get out much do you?”

I shook my head, “I do go out sometimes... Just not with friends.”

Yongguk nodded, getting his phone out of his bag. I knew my parents would be happy if I made new friends but don’t they worry about my safety? Shouldn’t they at least call me back after a few hours?

Yongguk walked over to the couch and grabbed something from behind. I watched him pull out a black bag that looked just like his own.

“Wait.. Is that mine?” I asked Yongguk.

“If mine is on my bed, whose bag do you think it is?” Yongguk said, placing the bag on my bed before walking back to his bed.

I quickly opened my bag and searched for my phone, checking to see if my parents called me.

“It won’t work.” Yongguk told me, I turned to look at him. “We’re in a hospital idiot. The signal won’t get out. It’d interfere with the equipment.”

I should’ve known that, I learnt that in school. I still checked my phone to see if Yongguk could’ve seen anything I didn’t want him to see. I looked at everything, nothing seemed like it was opened. 

I looked at Yongguk to ask him about it. He started lying down on the bed but the squeaky bed could not be heard over his loud groan.

“Are you okay?!” I asked, sitting up but a jolt of pain passed through my head. I fell back into the bed, groaning in pain like Yongguk.

“Heh... Are you okay?” I heard Yongguk chuckle, joining him like the old times.

“So what are we going to do all day?” I said while staring at the ceiling.

Yongguk sighed, “You can go to school.”

I laughed, clenching my stomach for the oncoming pain that never came.

“I can’t exactly move properly you know,” I said, turning my head to face Yongguk. “Plus, I’m not going to leave you here. What if those guys come back?”

Yongguk scoffed, “What exactly would you do if they did come? You said it yourself, you can’t exactly move properly.”

I smiled at Yongguk and he smiled back. Yongguk was right, I couldn’t deny that.

“Whatever, I’m still staying,” I said with a smile that never appeared before. I was determined to stay and he wasn’t going to stop me: either way I couldn’t move if I wanted to.

“Okay fine.” Yongguk sighed. I fist pumped the air in victory as Yongguk continued, “But you don’t seem like the person who’d want to skip school.”

School... The only thing I’d look forward to would be my dance class but I wouldn’t even be able to dance. Even if Jongup was in the same class, I couldn’t dance with him anyways. I was injured.

“I’d rather stay here and rest than go dance in pain.” I explained the Yongguk with a smile.

Yongguk sat up from his bed, cringing from the pain. “Dance? You dance?” he asked me. “I thought you were the nerd at school. You certainly look like one.”

I didn’t mean to mention that I dance. I should’ve just stuck with the boy in the back that always got bullied. I was so used to telling people I didn’t dance but it just happens to slip out to Yongguk of all people. Well, then again Jongup knows about my dancing abilities...

“I do dance but you cannot tell anyone. Got it?” I said with a stern voice I never used before. 

I gave Yongguk a serious expression but Yongguk looked like he was going to burst out laughing.

“Okay okay, I’ll keep it a secret,” he chuckled, “But why?”

“I’d rather keep my talents hidden than have people up to me when I get into TS,” I sighed, reluctantly explaining to him. “Plus, I would know who are really my friends.”

“So you were one of the others that auditioned at TS,” Yongguk said with a smirk.

I couldn’t believe I let out another detail about myself. Maybe it’s because it’s because I knew it was my old friend… Maybe that’s why I’m so comfortable with him… That must be why I spilled some things I’m not supposed to talk about or wanted to talk about. 

I opened my mouth to tell Yongguk not to say anything but he cut me offm, “Don’t worry. I know… Don’t tell anyone.” 

After a few minutes of silence I opened my mouth to speak. “So why are you auditioning for TS?”

“I want to help my parents. I feel like my parents work too hard while I’m just here… by myself... attracting ‘trouble,’” Yongguk replied while still staring at the ceiling.

I know what he means about being alone while his parents are away, my parents are usually out as well. Although I haven’t been telling them some stuff about me, they don’t even want me to know what job they’re doing. That’s one of the main reasons why I started chasing an near-impossible dream.

“Hey Junhong…” I snapped out of my thoughts, “I’m going to sleep now… I’m tired.”

I looked over to Yongguk and his eyes were already shut. 

“Yongguk?” I asked out loud. He never answered me. I smiled and whispered, “Goodnight…”

So everyone was back. They all came back at the same time and I just happened to meet all of them at the same time. The impossible really happened. I smiled to myself. I really want to get everyone back together but they wouldn’t believe me. No one remembered…

Wait a second… Everyone was at the TS audition. To think all of us were there together. If they knew each other they would be talking… right? They should’ve remembered all of each other. Even me…

I suddenly remembered what Youngjae said when we were younger, “When we’re older we have to prove to each other that we’re doing what we want to do okay?”

We want the same thing, we have the same dream, we could be together again… An idea popped into my head. We can be a group together. What if we could all audition together for TS?!

I suddenly sat up on my bed, my stomach stopped aching for a bit. If everyone met each other, could we all audition for TS together? But getting everyone to meet would take a while... What if they don’t get along now? Everyone has changed after all...

I tried thinking over how I was going to do this. Youngjae might be the easiest but what if his parents want him to take over the business? Do his parents still run a business? Jongup? Probably... But his parents divorced, he might move away at any time... I can’t even contact him anyways. Himchan? I don’t know much about him. I only bumped into him on the street... I may not even see him in school, since he’s a senior.

I looked to my left. Yongguk was sleeping peacefully. Yongguk? I could easily convince him... I’ll ask him tomorrow if he wanted to work together for TS.

Then I remembered something important: Daehyun only had a few months here. Six to be exact. I have to get everyone together and audition together in that time period. Bad thing is, no one remembers me so convincing them will not be an easy task. 

I could at least tell them about our friendship... No, they probably won’t believe me without any proof... After all, who’d believe a 12 year old telling them that they were friends seven years ago. I’m basically a stranger to them now... I’ll just try and befriend them first. 

I relaxed onto the bed, resting my head on the pillow with a smile on my face. I looked at the clock above the door and it was already 9am. I was tired but thoughts were racing in my mind. Maybe... Just maybe, I can resurface our old relationship. 

I closed my eyes with one thought stuck in my mind.

We will be together again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hiya guys~! :DD

 

Another chapter is out :DD HOORAH!! AND ITS ON TIME TOO!! XD

 

I'm sorry for those who had to endure the past two weeks where I re-uploaded the deleted chapters XD Here's a new one for you~!! :DD

 

I seriously hope you guys like this one :) I put in a lot of effort~~~ It's one of my long chapters... :D

 

BTW!! I have almost finished all my assignments :DD YAYAYAYAY~ That means more writing time for me~!!! :DDD YAYAYAYAYAY~!!! XD

 

But seriously~ I have almost finished the school term which means I'll be freeeeeeeeeeeeeee~~~~~ :DD

 

Anyways~ What do you think Zelo is going to do? O_o? Why do you think everyone forgot? Leave a comment below~!!! I’d love to know :3

 

Don't for get to SUBSCRIBE~!!! :D I love you all~~!! :3

 

OH!! I was also wondering~ Which member do you guys want to remember Zelo first? Leave a comment below~ :) I may change the story according to it ;)