The Long Lost Kiss

A Kiss

An update *yaaayyy*

Hope you enjoy it :) *and don't hesitate to tell me what you're thinking bout this story~*

 


 

“Umma! Umma!” a six-year-old little boy clung onto his mother’s arm.

“What’s wrong, chagiya?” his mother asked while staring lovingly into her son’s round eyes.

“Umma, what is kiss?” asked the little boy full of innocence.

“Eh?” her eyes widened after hearing his question, “Why all of sudden?”

“Just answer, umma~ what is kiss?” he forced his mom to answer his question impatiently. She just chuckled lightly at him.

“Kiss is something warm, sweet, soft, exciting, full of love, and...” she put her palm over the little boy’s left chest, “...a kiss can make your heart beat so fast, as if your heart would explode.”

“Jongmalyo?” he squealed, rounding his already round eyes, “If it explode, then it will hurt, won’t it?”

“Hahaha, it’s not like that, Kibummie,” she laughed at her cute son’s innocence, “Your heart will explode—not literally, because of too much happiness. And you will feel thousands of butterflies flying around in your stomach. It’s so thrilling.”

“Is it more thrilling than opening the gifts from halmoni?” asked Kibum, the little boy’s name.

“Heum, so much more thrilling than opening the gifts from halmoni,” his mom said, repeating his son. Kibum’s eyes sparkled full of happiness.

“Okay then, I want a kiss for my birthday gift tomorrow, can I?” Kibum hopefully asked his mom.

“We’ll see,” her short reply managed to make the little boy’s thin lips pouted cutely.

 


 

“Saengil chukkha hamnida, saengil chukkha hamnida. Saranghaneun uri Kibum, saengil chukkha hamnida~,” a birthday song flowed in chorus from the mouths of many children around Kibum’s age—Kibum’s friends—accompanied Kibum who had been standing in front of his Spongebob-shaped birthday cake, ready to blow a single red, number six-shaped candle.

“Don’t forget to make a wish before you blow the candle, Kibummie,” a pretty woman—Kibum’s mother—who always stood beside him whispered in a soft voice.

Kibum nodded and closed his eyes, he clasped both of his hands in front of his chin, and then prayed in his heart.

‘I want a kiss for my birthday gift,’  that was a short, simple prayer from the innocent birthday boy. After made a wish, Kibum opened his eyes and smiled widely before he blew out  the candle which its flame flickered beautifully.



 

“Hey, you’re the birthday boy, aren’t you? So why with that sullen face?” a boy around Kibum’s age—or might be slightly older than him—approached him who was sitting on a swing near the swimming pool beside his house.

“I didn’t get a gift that I want...” Kibum muttered softly, he lifted his head to face the unnamed boy only to find a handsome boy who had two big round eyes and thick eyebrows, a pointy nose with a pair of big dinosaur-like nostrils. Kibum frowned because he was unfamiliar with that boy, “Who are you? You’re not one of my classmates.”

“Ah, ne. I’m not your classmate. But my parents are your parents’ best friends, they took me here,” the boy replied with a sweet smile plastered on his full lips, then he sat down on the swing next to the birthday boy, “So what kind of gift do you want?”

Kibum sighed softly before answering, “I want a kiss...”

THUD!!!

Kibum turned his head to the side toward the boy and stunned to find that foreign kid fell off the swing. He hopped from his swing and went over to that boy, helping him to stand up.

“Hey, are you okay?” Kibum worriedly asked that boy.

“Are you serious you want a kiss for your birthday gift?” the boy wondered with wide eyes, it’s as if Kibum’s request was something very interesting in a strange way.

“Hmm,” Kibum hummed slightly as he nodded his head in a cute way, “Umma said kiss was something warm, sweet, soft, exciting, full of love, and could make your heart explode. But among all the gifts I received today, I didn’t find anything like that. I want a kiss...”

The dinosaur-and-puppy-like boy widened his big round eyes seeing Kibum’s teary one, it’s as if he would break down anytime soon. The latter’s eyes and nose were already reddened and wet, his thin lips trembling, and once in a while he sniffled to hold back the tears which were ready to burst out at any moment.

“Aigo, don’t cry please,” the dino boy said frantically, panic seeping through his voice, “I can give you a kiss.”

Kibum gawked and blinked his eyes several times which felt hot sometimes ago. His unshed tears vanished magically and now his eyes looked so bright and shiny.

“Jjinjja? Jjinjjayo?” asked Kibum with so much enthusiasm, face beaming with so much curiosity. The still unnamed boy nodded certainly.

“Heum. Now, close your eyes. I’m going to give you a kiss,” he said.

Kibum smiled then nodded so fast, it made the latter chuckled in amusement for the younger’s cuteness. Kibum closed his eyes as he waited, anticipated, what was a kiss would be like. Even before he had gotten a kiss yet his heart was already thumping like crazy, then how about if he had had gotten one later? Kibum was eagerly waiting.

“You ready? Don’t peek!” said that boy.

“Ne,” Kibum replied as he still shut his eyes tightly. He stood still waiting, until he could felt something moist, warm, and soft pressed against his lips. Surprised by the sudden action, Kibum’s eyes snapped open immediately and they were growing even wider as he realized what was happening.

His cute thin lips and the boy’s plump ones were glued together, touching and perfectly fit each other. For a minute or so, those two little boys stayed still in that position, facing each other as their lips connected.

Thump!

Thump!

Thump!

It’s as if Kibum could hear a drum being hit continuously and rapidly inside his chest, and he felt thousands of butterflies flying around his stomach. So warm, so sweet, so soft, so exciting, so full of love, those actually what Kibum felt right now.

“Now, you’ve already gotten your kiss,” the unnamed boy said after he disconnected his lips from Kibum’s rosy one. He leaned forward and kissed Kibum’s chubby cheek softly, “Saengil chukkha hamnida, Kibummie~.”

Kibum didn’t sure why but suddenly he felt something quivering in his chest in a pleasant way, and strangely it managed to make Kibum’s face felt so hot and he was sure that he was indeed blushing madly right now.

“G-gomawo,” Kibum replied shyly, stuttering slightly as he did so.

Jjong! Where are you? We need to get back now!” they could hear female voice shouted from a distance, and the elder boy turned his head toward the voice.

“My mom has already called me. I think I should get going,” he mumbled, turning his back and started to walk away from Kibum. But after only taking some steps away, he turned around and quickly ran back to Kibum.

Kibum was shocked beyond words because of the boy’s sudden presence in front of him. He all but blinked his eyes repeatedly. And then unexpectedly…

CHU!

The boy once again gave a kiss to Kibum. He briefly pecked Kibum’s lips and then grinning widely.

“Bye, hope we’ll meet again!” the boy waved his hand cheerfully at Kibum who was dumbfounded, standing still in the same spot as he watched the boy ran away from him.

“Kiss...” Kibum lifted up his small hand to touch his thin lips with his fingertips. Without him realizing, a genuine smile appeared on his lips, “I love the kiss, and I only want a kiss from that boy—Eh, what was his name?”

 


 

Eleven years later…

 

“Hufftt, this is so boring,” a teenage boy sitting boredly on his chair, “Today is my sweet seventeen, yet I still couldn’t find that boy. Actually I want to ask him a kiss for my birthday gift. Ck, I only want a kiss from him.”

He looked around his classroom only to find nothing interesting. He sighed then fixed his eyes to look outside of the window, he indeed seated near the window. The boy propped up his chin on his left hand, while the other played absentmindedly with his nametag which read ‘Kim Kibum’ that embedded on his school uniform. He was staring at the blue sky which seemed so bright that day. He also could see the clouds above got carried away by the winds. He smiled upon seeing them, for him sky always managed to make him serene. Until finally…

“KYAAAAA KIM JONGHYUN!!!” the boy—Kibum—jumped and almost fell out of his chair due to the shouting blared outside his class.

“What the...” Kibum rolled his eyes, he didn’t finish his sentence as he looked who was causing all of those annoying shouting out there. A handsome male passed his class, that good looking person was none other Kim Jonghyun, a number one very popular student in his whole school, while Kibum himself came in two behind the male by the very small gap.

“It’s the dwarf, ck! What’s so good about him anyway?” Kibum grunted lowly, staring sharply at the most popular student with so much hatred in his feline eyes. He didn’t expect Kim Jonghyun to turn his head toward him, their gazes met in mid air, the latter even stopped his pace, making Kibum gasped slightly, “Eh?”

The brunette, Kim Jonghyun, was staring at him with wide eyes in quite a long time before finally he smiled at Kibum and entered the class.

“Okay? Why is he entering my class? And, look! Why is he walking to my seat now?” Kibum thought as he watched Kim Jonghyun approaching his seat, and now the latter already stood in front of him and looking at him without blinking. His fans were shouting and yelling wildly outside the class as Jonghyun approaching another popular student.

“Mwo? Why are you staring at me like that, eoh? I know and so does everyone else that I’m handsome, cute, sweet, and cool, but c’mon boy no need to stare at me like that for goodness sake,” Kibum snickered confidently to Jonghyun who was still looking at him intensely. He didn’t utter a single word, he just smiled at hearing the younger one’s ramblings, “Don’t smile like that. You look like a pedo ahjusshi that ready to eat a kid.”

Silence for awhile, and then...

“Bwahahahahaha,” Kim Jonghyun burst into fits of laughter after hearing Kibum’s supposedly obnoxious comment just now, he had to bend down and clutched his most likely cramped stomach because of too much laughing.

“YAH! DON’T LAUG—,” Kibum stopped mid sentence as he frozen because suddenly Jonghyun grabbed his shoulders and lifted Kibum to stand on his feet, the elder held his hand to the other’s nape and drew their faces closer so that the only remaining space left between them was just merely about five centimeters away.

“KYAAAA!!!”

“OMONAAA!!”

“JONGHYUN OPPA, KIBUM OPPA!!”

Squeal after squeal, screams after screams from Jonghyun’s and Kibum’s fans were instantly roaring, filling the outside of Kibum’s classroom.

“What do you want?” Kibum hissed lowly and dangerously as he emphasized each word he said, venom seeping through his voice, he gritted his teeth as his eyes glared in pure raged to the handsome face in front of him.

“Today, September 23rd, there is someone who celebrating his birthday. So,” Jonghyun was getting closer to Kibum’s frightened face, his gaze fixated on Kibum’s rosy lips which looked so tempting, “I want to give a small gift to him.”

September 23rd? Is it today? Isn’t it my birthday? Does he really want to give a gift to me? I don’t even know him, this guy is pretty good looking but also scary at the same time, Kibum thought erratically.

“You mea—,” Kibum didn’t get the chance to complete his sentence because the next moment his lips were fully covered by Kim Jonghyun’s plump ones. His eyes and his classmates’ and the fans outside’s were opened as wide and big and round as saucers, almost bulging out from its sockets due to the unexpected crazy action which taken by Kim Jonghyun.

“Hmmpppttt,” Kibum struggled to escape from Kim Jonghyun’s grasp only to no avail, instead the elder was holding onto his nape stronger than before that it made Kibum couldn’t move at all. His feline eyes growth even wider as Jonghyun wrapped his arm around Kibum’s petite waist and hold their bodies closer, their chests pressed tightly because there was no more space left between them.

“OMONAAA KYAAAAAAA!!” all of the others students who were watching the scene taken place before them—the two popular students kissing, squealed loudly in awe.

Kibum stiffened as he felt Jonghyun’s lips moved gently against his, but slowly his eyes began to close themselves. He felt strange sensation spread all over his body, made shiver ran down his head all the way to his toes. His heart was pounding so fast against his chest, and there was some tickle feeling in his stomach, like there were thousands butterflies fluttering around excitedly.

It felt so warm, so sweet, so soft, so exciting, and…

It was so full of love…

Kibum felt familiar with the situation which was happening to him right then. His mind was jumbled like a mess, confused between recalling when had he experienced it before and bewildered because his body felt like going to be melting due to Jonghyun’s lips which were constantly moving gently, and nibbling on his thin sweet lips, his sense was doing somersault in the back of his head, all of it almost turned Kibum crazy.

 


 

Both of Kibum’s eyes which were closed before, were now slowly fluttering open since he felt Jonghyun had stopped his movement to kiss him, but still he could feel both of Jonghyun’s muscular arms holding his nape and waist tightly. He looked at Jonghyun deadly in the eyes with unreadable gaze, a gaze which was filled with confusion and demanding an explanation.

“Now, you’ve already gotten your kiss,” the Jonghyun guy said softly after he pulled back from the younger’s face as he traced his fingertips over Kibum’s swollen and glossy lips. He leaned forward to the younger but slightly taller boy who was still in a daze and kissed the latter’s cheek softly while whispering, “Saengil chukkha hamnida, Kibummie~.”

TING!

Dejavu. Kibum somehow felt dejavu upon hearing Jonghyun said those words to him, his memories were brought back to the past—more exactly eleven years ago.

 

[Flashback]

“You ready? Don’t peek!” said that boy.

“Ne,” Kibum replied as he still shut his eyes tightly. He stood still waiting, until he could felt something moist, warm, and soft pressed against his lips. Surprised by the sudden action, Kibum’s eyes snapped open immediately and they were growing even wider as he realized what was happening.

His cute thin lips and the boy’s plump ones were glued together, touching and perfectly fit each other. For a minute or so, those two little boys stayed still in that position, facing each other as their lips connected.

Thump!

Thump!

Thump!

It’s as if Kibum could hear a drum being hit continuously and rapidly inside his chest, and he felt thousands of butterflies flying around his stomach. So warm, so sweet, so soft, so exciting, so full of love, those actually what Kibum felt right now.

“Now, you’ve already gotten your kiss,” the unnamed boy said after he disconnected his lips from Kibum’s rosy one. He leaned forward and kissed Kibum’s chubby cheek softly, “Saengil chukkha hamnida, Kibummie~.”

[End of Flashback]

 

“You are...” Kibum’s words trailed off as he stared at Jonghyun’s orbs unblinking. That face, those big round eyes, those thick eyebrows, the sharp nose which had a pair of big dinosaur-like nostrils, those smile…everything…

Thump!

Thump!

Thump!

Kibum’s heart was beating so fast, and he could clearly hear the thumping in his chest like someone was drumming madly there.

Jjong! What are you doing? Let’s get back to the class!” another guy who looked like a model—he was definitely tall and far different from Kim Jonghyun—with a pair of big frog eyes appeared from the crowd of students who were watching romantic scene that happening between Jonghyun and Kibum, two of the most popular boy in their whole school. If Kibum didn’t mistaken, the tall guy’s name was Choi Minho. Ck, such a er.

“Ne, chankamman!” Jonghyun replied without averted his gaze from Kibum’s pretty face. He slowly withdrew both of his arms which were tightly holding Kibum’s nape and waist before, then he flashed a sweet smile at Kibum and started to walk away from the younger boy. But only after taking some steps away, he turned around and swiftly walked back to Kibum. Then suddenly…

 

[Flashback]

Jjong! Where are you? We need to get back now!” they could hear a female voice from a distance, and the elder boy turned his head toward the voice.

“My mom has already called me. I think I should get going,” he mumbled, turning his back and started to walk away from Kibum. But after only taking some steps away, he turned around and quickly ran back to Kibum.

Kibum was shocked beyond words because of the boy’s sudden presence in front of him. He all but blinked his eyes repeatedly. And then unexpectedly…

[End of Flashback]

 

CHU!

Jonghyun pecked Kibum’s lips briefly, only to make everyone around them screamed histerically, even Minho who well known as a cool-prince also shocked at seeing what was his friend doing.

“I should get going, we’ll meet again ‘later’~,” Jonghyun winked his left eye yly to Kibum before making his way toward Minho and the two handsome student walked out of Kibum’s classroom, only to leave it in chaos and a mess of shouting and screaming and squealing from Jonghyun’s and Kibum’s fans. It’s also causing some of their fangirls fainted due to nose bleeding.

“He is...” Kibum let out a small mumbling as he stood still in the same spot, he touched his lips which were getting ‘special treatment’ from Kim Jonghyun just now. A genuine smile blooming beautifully on his red swollen lips, the smile growing even wider from time to time, his eyes twinkled and beamed with so much happiness and excitement, “Kiss…my first kiss…my only kiss…I’ve found it.”

Kibum’s seventeenth birthday truly became the so much perfect ‘sweet seventeen’ for him, because he had gotten the most wanted gift from the most wanted person, and it looked like from this moment he would be able to often get that special gift from that only special person, not only at his birthday.

 

Because Kim Kibum had already found Kim Jonghyun, his long lost ‘kiss’.

 


 

 

So, how's it?

I got so much difficulties translating this to English :O

But I've tried, maybe not the best, but I tried to make this story worth to read >_<

Thank you for the subbies :)

Comments are gladly accepted ^_~