Chapter 1

In My Place

“Wake up, sleepyhead.”

I groaned and pulled up the sheets to cover my face.

“Ha Neul, you need to wake up now or else...”

Unable to bear his constant efforts on waking me up, I sat up and flipped the covers angrily.

“Argh! I hate it when you sound like my mo-,” He cut me off with a kiss.

He pulled away slightly and placed his forehead against mine. “No way in hell do I sound like a mother,” Kiseop said in a whisper.

“Oh yes, you are, Mister,” I whispered to him teasingly while tugging on the band of the apron that he is wearing.

I pulled away to look at him from head-to-toe. I tried containing my laughter but eventually failed.

“Ya! What’s so funny?” Kiseop got up from the bed with his hands on his hips.

Suppressing my laugh, I got up from the bed to wrap my arms around his neck. “I’m sorry. It’s just my boyfriend looks too adorable wearing an apron.”

Kiseop sighed and wrapped his arms around my waist. “When are you ever going to be used to it?”

I just laughed and pecked his lips. “We better eat before the food gets cold.”

Kiseop and I had been together ever since I was a freshman in college. Although he is only two years older, he is already very successful as a fashion photographer. It’s already been three months since I moved in with him, but I could still remember how he opened it up...

FLASHBACK

Rain started to pour in buckets.

I searched hurriedly for my umbrella. Shoot, I guess I left it in the dorm.

How am I going to get home? Everyone left already.

I checked my phone to see if I can call Kiseop. Shoot, my phone is already out of batteries.

I ran to the nearest shade that I could find to shield myself from getting wet any further. I started crying. Could this day get any worse?

I hurried to class that’s why I left my umbrella. Eventually, I was late and got a zero on the quiz. I was the only one left in school because my group members left me to do all the work.

Cold, hungry and helpless, I slipped down to the cold cement and hugged my knees.

“Kiseop, where are you when I need you?” I sobbed.

“Ha Neul! Ha Neul!”

My body started feeling warm. I looked up and saw Kiseop. He was wrapping his coat around me. He pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head.

“What a baby, crying in the middle of the rain,” he chuckled.

I sniffed on his chest. “Ya! Who wouldn’t be afraid being alone in a storm like this?”

He chuckled again and looked at my face. He wiped my tears and flashed me a sweet smile.

Sometimes, I really do think he’s an angel when he does that.

He took me to his car and drove to his place.

When we arrived, I sat carefully on his couch, still clutching his coat all over me.

Kiseop went straight to the kitchen and returned with cups of hot chocolate for both of us.

“What about your work?” I asked after taking a couple of sips.

“We ended early. We had to postpone the shoot because of the rain,” he said as he scooted closer to me. “I had a feeling that you weren’t home yet, so I passed by your school.”

I leaned on his shoulder and sighed. Although I was still a bit drenched, he brought his hand to my hair and it a bit. We stayed that way for a moment until Kiseop broke the silence.

“Stay with me.”

I looked up at him with a smile. “I am always with you.”

“I know that. But I mean something else.”

I sat up and faced him directly. “Then what do you mean?”

“Live here with me. Since we’ve been together for four years and you’ll be in your final year in college, I thought that we could already live together,” he said nervously. I could see his eyes were serious. He certainly gave this much thought.

I pursed my lips and looked down at the cup in my hand. I’ve always thinking of moving in with him, since his apartment feels like my second home. However, now that he’s asking it, I felt really nervous.

“I guess I should give you more time to think about it,” Kiseop said while standing from the couch.

“Wait!” I held my other hand to stop him. I used my other to place the cup on the table. “Please don’t think I’m thinking about saying ‘no’.”

Kiseop sat back on the couch and looked at me.

“I was just surprised that you asked. I’ve been honestly thinking about the same thing, but I was afraid that you might think we’re moving too fast.” I couldn’t hide the nervousness in my voice.

Kiseop’s eyes brightened up a bit. “So could I take that as a ‘yes’?”

I smiled and nodded.

Kiseop pulled me in the tightest hug that he could muster. “I’m so happy, Ha Neul.”

I slowly broke away from our hug to kiss him on the lips. His hand travelled all the way to my nape as if he could crush his lips further into mine. I felt my skin becoming warmer as I felt his tongue enter my mouth. He gently pushed me onto the couch as I felt a hand pop the first button...

The second button...

The third...

END OF FLASHBACK

“Why is your face red all of a sudden?” Kiseop’s voice snapped me back to reality.

“Uh... nothing,” I replied while fanning myself. I resumed eating as if nothing happened. How long was I out?

Kiseop stood up and carried his finished plate to the kitchen sink. He walked back to me and kissed the top of my head. “I’ll head to the shower, OK?”

I only nodded because my mouth was full.

“Unless you want to join me and do what you’ve been thinking about earlier,” he whispered ily beside my ear.

I swear. I almost spat out what I just ate.


Hello everyone! :) This is my first time writing for AFF, so I would really really appreciate if you would leave comments. :)

Is this a good start? :)