The party

Dream High 2 || The way it's supposed to be

 

“G-Minoooooor!” YJ strummed his electric guitar loudly.

 

JB, who was sleeping peacefully at the moment, annoyingly sprung up to his feet, “ YAH! What’s that noise!” He finally woke up though he seemed not in the mood for a good start of the day.

 

“Whew! You’ve finally woke up!”  YJ jeered at JB.

 

JB rubbed his temples, “Ugh. It hurts.” His head was pounding real hard.

 

“That’s because you’ve drunk too much liquor last night.” YJ sneered.

 

“And why are you here? Who gave you the right to create that fuss?” JB asked dubiously, still clearly irritated at the noise earlier on.

 

 “Apparently, this is my room and so I have all the right to.” YJ hissed, emphasizing each word.

 

Despite feeling a little nauseous, he scanned the room and found out that he’s nowhere a place familiar to him, “Then why am I here?” he then asked as his head clobber a little harder this time.

 

“You really don’t remember at all?” YJ asked incredulously, rolling his eyes at JB.

 

“Well, I was drinking and then..” JB was having a hard time remembering.. Maybe he really had too much; he thought to himself, as he rubbed his temples again.

 

“You were totally drunk and I don’t know where to send you off since I basically don’t know where you live at exactly that’s why you ended up here in my room.” YJ just can’t help but slump at how their situation turned out to be, they even had to share a single room!

 

“You should’ve called Siwoo or someone else rather than having you suffering to share a room with me.” JB said as if he just read YJ’s mind.

 

“I tried but I failed. He was not picking up. So, I had no other choice but to carry you all the way here and to share this room with you.” YJ whined.

 

“Where’s this place exactly?”

 

“The same place you had your drink. It’s in my mom’s restaurant.”

 

 

 

Meanwhile..

 

Rian’s mom insisted on having a party to celebrate her daughter’s successful career. Even though Rian told her that there’s no need for it, still, she won’t listen and continued writing down her endless list of invitation. Her mom basically invited her teachers at Kirin, the President, Shin PD, HershE ,Eden, and the super idol team. Her mom also never failed to include in the invitation list her former and current mentors, directors, managers, co-idols and co-actors and actresses. No matter how hard Rian wanted the party to be exclusive and simple; her mother just won’t allow it. She just simply won’t listen to her at all. So the party turned out to be grander and a little more crowded than any other party she ever threw.

 

“Rian ah. You better dress up really well for tonight, hara? You have many visitors coming..” Rian’s mom reminded her for the many times already.

 

“Hara. How many times are you going to nag me about that?” Rian grumbled.

 

“I just want you to be really prepared. I want you to look the best in your party.” Rian’s mom justified.

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll not let you down.” She assured so as not to hear anymore nagging from her.

 

 

On the other hand..

 

“Have I done anything weird last night?” JB can’t help but ask.

 

“Well, nothing much really..” Yoojin replied and hesitantly added, “Chogi.. Mianheyo.”

 

“What did you just say? Am I still drunk or is it just my hang-over?” JB asked frantically.

 

“I said I’m sorry.” YJ lowered his head.

 

“What for? It’s so unlike you.” JB retorted.

 

“Yesterday.. before the ceremony.. for judging  you.. for telling things about you and Rian that I don’t even have the right to.” YJ said as if any minute he was going to run out of air.

 

“Well, you don’t have to be sorry.. You’re actually right about everything.. And I understand why you have said everything you said. I’m such a jerk, a fool for being such indecisive about my feelings..” JB admitted.

 

“But you do still love her, don’t you?” YJ remarked; it’s not even a question but a fact; YJ thought to himself.

 

“Is that even important now? She doesn’t need me. All I did was to break her heart. She doesn’t deserve someone like me. Besides.. “

 

YJ cut off what more he has to reason out, “What if I tell you that despite how you kept breaking her heart, you’re still the one she needed the most?”

 

“She has you.. and she likes you..” JB said in his saddened expression.

 

“Yeah I know.” YJ firmly informed JB.

 

“See?” JB said in his cheerful façade.

 

“But she loves you..” YJ painfully acknowledged the cold truth.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------there was an awkward silence------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

“You know what?” YJ broke the ice.

 

“What?” JB asked nonchalantly.

 

“Hate to admit it but we’re kind of similar..” YJ expressed his thoughts.

 

JB gave him a smirk. “Wae?”

 

“Well, we pretty much assumed our feelings for HS to be love but it’s actually just compassion..” YJ paused.

 

“But deep inside, it’s actually Rian we truly loved.” JB unknowingly completed YJ’s statement ..and as the realization suddenly hit JB, “Neh? So you never loved HS at all?”

 

“Isn’t it ironic? I even confessed to her, well actually, we both confessed to her but ending up realizing that we both just wanted her to do well ,just the friend who wished her all the best; That it’s not even close to love, far from the way we felt towards Rian.”

 

“But how can you say all that now when just yesterday you were basically telling me that I chose HS?” JB was perplexed at YJ’s revelation.

 

“I was just in denial, I know and I feel it that you never stopped loving Rian. That HS is nothing more than a friend.” YJ had no idea why they were calmly talking about these things, they just surprisingly did.

 

“Am I that transparent? I somehow felt bad for HS now. “ JB suddenly remembered how HS was convincing him that Rian’s still the one despite how he declared his liking to her.

 

“Don’t. Please. It’s because of that guilt that made you indecisive of your feelings.” YJ appealed to JB.

 

“Why are you telling me this now? Aren’t you supposed to be taking Rian away from me?” JB was mystified at his usually competitive rival.

 

“I just want her to be happy, that’s why.” YJ can’t take how Rian had always ached for JB.

 

“Then be by her side. Aren’t you confident of yourself?” JB must have underestimated YJ; he thought to himself.

 

“I’ve always been by her side. Yeah she laughs by and by and tease with me.. we probably got along too well but it’s not enough. I couldn’t make her happy. It’s only you who could make her totally and genuinely happy. She needs you more than anyone in the world.”

 

“But..”

 

To JB’s surprise, YJ suddenly knelt down in front of him.

 

“Yah! What do you think are you doing?” JB asked in complete disbelief.

 

“Only this once, I’m admitting that I lost to you.. but please, don’t fail me, prove to me that I’m right about letting her go..”

 

 

 

The night of the party..

 

The way her mom designed the party hall was just stunning. The lights were low; the curtains were Romanesque and velvety, complemented with the beautifully adorned stage in front. Everything just felt so simple and yet so elegant. Rian has to praise her mom for a job well done. Somehow she felt a little worried at how she dressed up. She let her hair fall at her back loosely without having to put any accessory, just simply having it down and she wore a long flowing silky white dress matching with her lacy high-heeled sandals. She doubted that her visitors would even pay attention to her dress, it’s just that she wanted to please her mom after all the hardwork she’d done for her.

 

It was past eight in the evening when the last person to complete her mom’s guest list reached the venue. Rian didn’t expect that all these people crowding up the hall would actually attend her party. She felt overwhelmed at how these people find time to drop by her party despite how busy most of them were.

 

She walked in to greet everyone. Things were going good; people were in small groups around the hall laughing and lounging in the chairs, busy taking a sip in their drinks when someone caught her attention. JB and Yoojin were actually sitting comfortably together? What the? What had happened in the world? And oh, how could she forget? Why are they both even here in the first place? As she met their gazes, she gave them a questioning look. Both of them just shrugged.

 

She was about to approach onto their table but one of her mentors interrupted, “Rian ah.. Long time no see. I’ve always thought that you’d be able to reach this far. I’m so proud of you.”

 

“Ohh.. Kumowa.” Rian smiled sweetly to her former mentor.

 

While YJ and JB continued staring at her as she was conversing with her mentor. Both were dazzled with how Rian’s especially beautiful tonight.

 

“Have you seen her face?” YJ said amusingly.

 

“Ohh. She’s greatly surprised.” JB replied without removing his eyes on Rian who was still busy humoring her mentor.

 

“She doesn’t even have the least bit of idea how special she is.” YJ now focused back on the food in front of him, afraid that if he continued staring, he’d drool.

 

“That’s why it became very surprising on her part having us both here while it’s also HS’s graduation at the same time abroad.” JB did the same, afraid too that he’d drool.

 

“Maybe it didn’t occur to her that we value her so much more than anyone.” YJ had no idea why he became so comfortable talking to JB about these things.

 

“Yeah, she had always thought badly of herself. She thinks that she’s not worth anyone’s love.” JB noticed how Rian had always taken the blame for every bad encounter.

 

“Well maybe because of a little overtly attention we’ve had for HS making her feel inferior.” YJ just realized how Rian had always been shoved away.

 

“At least for you, you were there for her while I..” JB’s voice trailed off, realizing how he’s also to blame why Rian became like that.

 

“It’s all in the past now. You’re here for her now.” YJ boosted JB’s ego.

 

“Yeah. Of course, I need to make it up to her.”

 

“That’s the spirit! That’s the JB I knew! Don’t you dare disappoint me Jang Wo Jae!”

 

Suddenly, both of their attention was diverted to the stage. Rian seemed to have something to say to everyone.

 

“First of all, I want to thank each one of you who attended my party despite how thickly packed your schedules are. Thank you for finding time to come on this kind of event. I also wanna thank my ever supportive and loving mother for having to arrange this party for me. Saranghae Umma.. Actually, this party is a delayed celebration of my victory over the super idol audition and at the same time in celebration of our successful world tour with the other super idols.

 

Everyone of you here contributed to what I am now, you all were part of my journey and each had a vital role played for me to achieve this success I am enjoying now. And I’m really glad that I’ve actually gotten away with the title, “Nothing but a pretty face” now, I once thought that it’ll haunt me forever. But I was wrong, thanks to my different workshops and mentors that I could do better now. I’ve improved so much because of all your help. And so, I’d like to give you my sincerest and heartfelt thanks for being a part of my life. I really am. . I know this is just the beginning, so I still hope to work with you all and help me become the best that I can be. Without so much ado, this party is actually dedicated to all of you, have fun and enjoy the night! “

 

Everyone applauded after Rian concluded her speech. They all felt so proud for her. The music then started playing, setting the mood just right for a dance between couples. Everyone got their partners while she sat down on one corner to enjoy the view of the guests having fun dancing. She felt at ease now. She never felt this fulfilling before.

 

She was happily watching her guests dance when some weird music started off next. This was the kind of music she never wanted to hear again. It just brings back memories she desperately wanted to forget. She then stood and decided to go to the restroom when a voice called out for her and ask her to dance.

 

“Will you dance with me?”

 

She turned to the person asking her and was flustered at the sight of the least person she expected to offer her a dance and worse with this song! All those memories came rushing to her like it just happened fresh and new. She hesitated for a moment but Nana appeared out of the blue, “Yah! Come on, it’s just a dance. Now go.” Nana lightly pushed Rian to JB. Rian didn’t want any more arguments and reluctantly took JB’s waiting hand.

 

JB gave Nana a wink as a smile formed on his lips while escorting Rian to the dance floor. Upon reaching the dance floor with the dancing crowd, Rian was still giving him a discomfort look. Despite that, he gently took her hand and placed in on his shoulder, his hand on her waist pulling her closer to him. While both of their other hands left hanging were intertwined.

 

The way the music was playing, the way they were dancing, the feelings felt; everything felt nostalgic.

 

-------

And here goes another chappie up! I still have something written more here but I decided to cut it, I feel like this went so long already.. So wait for the next chapppie to find out more.. I just wanted a dance for my lovely JJ couple because it’s such a shame that they didn’t have one having known that they’re both great at dancing. Btw, I loved the tango dance of G-minor couple before that’s why I felt sorry for my JJ couple not having a dance together. Keke.

 And I think I’ve mentioned HS a little too much, it’s because she’s the biggest flaw of the story that’s why I’m having a hard time patching it up, making the convos a little longer for clarification purposes. so about the long convos here, I don’t know if it’s too much,it’s just that I find it more appealing for wrapping up the flaw about HS.. but still, is it okay like that? Tell me, so that I can do better

BTW, sorry for the late update, I’ve had my exams lately so I didn’t have much time encoding. Don’t worry, to make it up to you, I’ll update the next chapter within this week.I’ve it all written up, it just needs encoding.. Keke. Bless you my dear readers! Comment please? Hehe. And for those who haven’t subscribe yet, subscribe now! Kumowa.

 

I guess there’s only two more chapters left.. so stay tuned. 

 

really thankful for my friend euntaec for  always providing me posters nicely and quickly done. Bless you my dear friend! :)