Confused hearts

Dream High 2 || The way it's supposed to be

 

 

After coming from the world tour together with the super idols, Rian went directly to see Yoojin who came to meet them earlier in front of the school.

 

“Present.” Yoojin said while extending a hand for Rian.

 

“How tacky.” Rian just tapped the hand of YJ in return.

 

“After becoming a world star, your humanity has completely dropped.” YJ teasingly remarked.

 

Rian not wanting to dwell any deeper with that subject, she asked, “Is your mother well?”

 

Despite her changing the subject, YJ still couldn’t help but all the while, “Because you stopped coming, there’s a big drop in her revenue”

 

Knowing that YJ wouldn’t stop teasing her, she just rode on with it, “Don’t worry, I’ll stop by there soon”

 

YJ suddenly went serious this time asking, “But why did you have to work with the others rather than going solo when you basically had all the chance to since you are still the super idol after all.”

 

Rian then smiled at him and pondered on while saying, “That’s.. because we’re friends. The fact that I was able to climb up there.. It’s all thanks to my friends. I thought it would be hard on my own.”

 

“That’s why you gave it up?” YJ asked in a matter of fact tone.

 

“It’s not giving up, but a choice. Choice.” she said that echoing YJ’s words before.

 

YJ looked at her in complete disbelief. And so she added, “Wae? Are you moved?”

 

“You’re acting right now, right?” YJ stated, half-kidding half-skeptical. Rian, on the other hand, just smiled amusingly at how he was reacting.

 

“Yah, you’re even pretending to be nice. How can you just smile like that and not hit me at all? Don’t do that. It doesn’t suit you.” YJ crinkled his nose while playfully pulling the corners of her lips down, making her bright smile into a frown.

 

“Don’t do it. Stop.” He said , his fingers still on the sides of her lips trying to let her smile not appear. Rian blinked a few times at YJ’s actions, it was as if she was enthralled for a second there.

 

“Yah, are you two really dating?” JB asked in an annoyed but casual manner, -blocking the two. Both YJ and Rian abruptly faced JB, looking stunned at how JB appeared out of the blue.

 

“Yo! “ Rian greeted him in her reflex to shove away the awkwardness of the atmosphere.

 

“Oh. JB you’re here!” YJ instinctively followed up. JB flinched at his reaction.

 

YJ noticed that JB’s holding something at his back, “Yah! What have you brought with you?” YJ was still peeking to have a clear sight of what JB was hiding.

 

“Oh, this.” JB then revealed a bouquet of double-stemmed tulips.

 

Upon the sight of the flowers, Rian gave JB a puzzled look, while remaining unable to speak.

 

“Why are you bringing stuffs like that with you? Is Haesung around here already?” YJ looked around to check if HS was really around at the moment but found out no one around except for the three of them.

 

Ignoring YJ, JB came nearer to Rian, “ Rian ah. Chukkahe for the successful world tour. You did really great this time.” JB smiled at her like how he used to.

 

“Ohh.” Rian replied awkwardly.

 

“Well, this is actually for you.” JB offered the flowers to Rian while scratching the back of his head. “Welcome back to Kirin!”

 

Rian stiffened. YJ noticed at how she was acting, he had never seen her like that before. He then stared at JB in confusion, he thought the flowers were for HS but he guessed wrong.

 

Rian took the flowers from JB. “Kumowa.” She answered shortly. She was wondering why he’s doing this now? Of all times, why now? Not wanting to inflict the same pain from hoping again, she didn’t give any special meaning from the flowers and just let it be a sign of a friend’s welcoming gift. With that, she just silently admired at how the tulips would always brighten her day. She then unconsciously blurted out, “This kind of flower never fails to give me strength.” She smiled.

 

“And you love how they still share something special even if they were separated from each other.” JB broke her reverie. YJ didn’t like the way JB sounded.

 

At the moment, she looked at him with wistful eyes. There and then, her heart ached like it never did before. After everything’s gone better for her now, after officially letting him go, here he goes again acting like this. It’s totally weakening her. If only things were different, she must’ve hoped again, but she knew better. She tried to control herself, trying to hold her tears back. She didn’t want to cry again. Not this time. Trying her best to look indifferent, hiding her pain, “Well, I’m quite surprise at how you still remember that.”

 

YJ awkwardly stood there, his insides are going crazy while witnessing the scenario between Rian and JB. He didn’t know how to get involve in their conversation properly that he remained tongue-tied.

 

“Who could ever forget that, I cherish my memories really well.” JB said in his most endearing tone.

 

Rian was left in a daze. She didn’t how to respond. She’s utterly speechless. This has got to be the most baffling thing JB had said.

 

YJ didn’t like the idea of where this conversation is leading to, he felt uneasy that he can’t help but interrupt now. He cleared his throat, “You two are forgetting that we have a graduation ceremony to catch up with.” He then elbowed Rian. “ Yah! Aren’t you the most excited to finally graduate? Kaja”  YJ took Rian’s hand, feeling the most possessive than ever.  Rian silently followed, both are now walking away from JB.

 

“But Rian.. “ JB hesitated for a moment. “I miss you.” JB said in his most hurtful tone.

 

Upon hearing those words, Rian abruptly stopped and dropped the bouquet of tulips she was holding while YJ automatically rushed back to JB furiously, “What do you think are you doing right now?”

 

Rian was left there, fixed right to her place, still bemused.

 

“What? I was just being honest here.” JB told YJ.

 

YJ was pissed off. He got a hold of JB’s collar. “Honest? Ugh. Stop playing dumb now, won’t you?”YJ exasperatedly barked at JB.

 

JB knew exactly what YJ was trying to point out. Still, “But I did really miss her.” He stooped his head down low realizing how much he longed for her.

 

“Yah! JANG WO JAE! “ YJ shouted at JB, shaking him to get a hold of the situation.

 

“Kumane.” Rian pleaded from both YJ and JB.

 

With that, YJ forcefully removed his grip from JB’s collar but still eyed him bitterly.

 

Just then, Siwoo walked in. “Yah! What are you three still doing here? It’s going to start any minute.”

 

“Siwoo’s right. Let’s go.” Rian told the two boys. She reluctantly followed Siwoo outside the room.

 

YJ was about to tag along Rian when JB desperately cried out, “ Yah! I know what you were trying to point out earlier but you don’t understand..” his voice trailed off.

 

YJ looked back and smirked, “Look who’s talking here. It’s you who don’t understand a thing!” YJ glared at JB. They were both in good terms before this day but seeing how he’s acting like this again, YJ can’t help but get infuriated, “You don’t know how hard it was for her to let you go. Everything was fine already but you just had to shake her all over again! Screw you! She had suffered a lot already because of you jerk. It irks me how you are being so wishy washy! You already chose HS, remember? Ugh. Stop being selfish, you bastard.  You’re being extremely unfair. You already set your mind to HS, so please.STICK.TO.THAT. Don’t go bothering Rian, Harasso? After all what you’ve done, you at least owe her that, don’t you think so? ”

 

JB didn’t reply knowing how YJ was painfully right. 

 

With that, YJ darted out of the room leaving JB in his most defeated look.

 “So you like her too? I can’t really blame you…” JB almost said in a whisper.

 

 

 

-------------------------------

 

Done with my first chapter!

I don’t know if I overdid it. Somehow I just wanted someone to let JB know right in his face that he’s being wishy washy so I added the tulips to emphasize about it. I was frustrated that in the drama, no one even bothered to let him know what he was doing, like having feelings with both of the girls. Not even one of their friends pointed to JB how he’d hurt Rian by being  like that,and until the end, it’s like he never realized how he’s being so indecisive of his feelings… So I thought YJ is the best man to let him know that since he’s been with Rian when she’s having heartaches with JB.

 Despite how I wanted it that way, I still wanna hear your thoughts, how was it?

 

Btw, thank you again to my dear friend, euntaec for making me another awesome poster for this chapter.. and it’s from 2694 graphic request shop ♔②⑥