Chapter 1

Under the same sky

Kim JongDae didn't know how to react to the news that he was just given as he was trying to repeat Lee SooMan's words throughout his head over and over again. He thought that if he tried to repeat them more and more then, they would end up making sense, but it wasn't working...

Chen's whole body was frozen stiff from shock, he didn't know what to do as he hadn't prepared for such an announcement. He stuttered with fear and confusion laced around each of his utterances "Ex... Exo.... M?" while trying to console himself by nodding his head slightly back and forth, staring at the lavish carpet inside Sooman's elegant office.

Lee Sooman gazed up upon his paperwork towards the young boy whose body was dripping from sweat. His face showed little emotion as he monotonously replied back to the young boy "why Yes, JongDae, your vocals are better suited towards Exo-M." Chen's face started to screw up "But...I don't understand? I'm not suited...towards... a Chinese...group. I'll stick out like a sore thumb!" this time Lee Soomans voice was filled with reassurance and confidence because everybody knows of his achievements. "Jongdae, the Super Junior-M boys do not have any problems with sticking out like sore thumbs as you have described... however if you feel that this may be a problem that will hinder your success and EXO-M's success, then it will probably be best that we create a stage name while you promote in another country"

Chen slightly started to tilt his head as Sooman's vision of Chen started to become more clear towards him "as you know, I have trained and given birth to many idols but those idols are better known as their stage names and not their real names such as Kangta and Leeteuk here whom you already know within the company" Lee Sooman tried to suppress his old memories of giving stage names to the young boys who would grow up to become Korea's longest lasting male group, he stopped to close his eyes trying to shake away the thoughts while bringing his gaze back to a young JongDae.

. He continued once again with less confidence this time. “JongDae, while the plans for your debut are not concrete yet at this moment, we’ll try to work together with staff to come up with a stage name that best fits you and the plans for our new group EXO so you can now go to carry on with your training and we’ll report back to you when we have more information for you”

 

Chen nodded and bowed before gripping the golden doorknob that was coated with the sweat of past nervous trainees and then pulled as hard as he could to leave the office and to anywhere anyway from his fellow trainee friends.