Childhood 6

Your Promise.

"1,2,3,4 ,5 " the teacher continued leading us for the warm up.

concentrate jiyong , concentrate.

this is really frustrating!

i am consious of dara standing beside the teacher.

 

Her tears just go drip drop drip drop with her head hanging down.

tell me , how am i suppose to ignore her presence if she cant protect herself. 

watching her crying really make me feel as though i'm useless.

 

that useless kwon jiyong that's standing here doing warm up 

while she's crying over there.

 

my heart just constrict and constrict at every tear that drop from her eyes, stainning her precious little face.

it's really getting difficult to breathe.

breathe jiyong breathe.

i could feel my frown cutting into my skin deeper at every breath i tried to took while gazing at her in pain.

 

 

 

Sandara's POV:

 

Phew, dara, last bag of trash to go.

come on, do it! 

i grab the huge black trashbag filled with garbage with both of my hands before proceeding  to the back of the school to dump it.

 

it was so heavy that i was limping my way to the back of the school.

positive dara , positive .

accept the punishment,

last bag to go! hwaiting! 

i lifted the trashbag with my whole strength and dumping it into the bin.

phew...

done....

 

just as i was looking up, something caught my attention.

something from another trashbin caught my attention.

it's something red... 

and white...

 

i started to tilt my head while looking at it.

i..isnt that my t..track shoe?

 

it's impossible though...

how could it be ...

 

i fasten my pace while walking towards the trashbin .

 

 

i took a clearly look at it... and before i knew it,

my heart was pumping so fast that i thought i could just faint on the spot.

my hands began to move on its own,picking out all the trash that's covering 

the shoe...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

god.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

that's my trackshoe...

 

 

 

 

 

 

the trackshoe that i bought using my own piggybank money

 

 

 

 

 

 

without my sister acknowledgement.

 

 

 

 

 

ARGH! god , it's my trackshoe ... crying

ptff!! i want to cry!

i am going to cry now ... TT

heck care , i just want to cry! TTTT

 

 

 

 

 

suppress it, suppress it dara.

dont cry, it'll be okay.

 

phew.... i suppressed a sob while sniffing away.

ptf dara, dont cry.

it's just dirt right.

dont cry.

 

i began lifting my own hands to swept the dirt on my shoes away.

 

 

"What's that for...?" i heard that voice before , the same voice thats filled with menace.

i looked up and saw krystal strolling in , towards me.

 

"Yea, right, continue showing jiyong that pa-the-tic face of yours. "

"you think he'll like you..?" krystal rolled her eyes at me.

 

"HAHA he'll probably faint looking at that face of yours now."  Sulli came strolling in glaring at me.

 

i did not do anything except for backing away. i press my shoes on my chest while using my body as a shield, turning away from them.

i was really afraid that they might just snatch my shoes away  , i know i could not fight and will not stand a chance against them.

 

"Fancy holding something from the trashbin, did you like it so much to be hugging it so tightly ? "  i heard krystal laughing away.

 

i did not want to pick a fight.

i hung my head as low as possible , hoping that this moment will end soon.

 

"Gross! " i heard krystal voice before she pushed me from my back .

i tripped over my own shoe and landed on the trashbin.

 

that's it, that's my limit.

i darted my head over and shot her the fierecest glare i have ever given anyone.

 

 

That's also when my glare turned into a meaningless stare when sulli smirked,

"You could not even stand properly and you want to join a relay. Let's see what happens to you when you dont come in first place."

"BOOM! class...  PUBLIC enemy!" she said it like it was something exciting , and fun that should be happening.. 

 

Sulli lean down to give me a last glare in my eyes before smiling and blinking at me in innocence..

She turned her head and walk away with dignify and following her was krystal.

i was left there , in a daze .

staring at nothing in particular.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

..........

 

i thought i heard the clock strike 12midnight.

 

 

 

and that will be when all my dream will come crashing down

 

 

                         -on me......

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Relay ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

 

"Attention everyone  Attention ! " the speaker announced

"Participants please gather at the parade ground for warm ups. " 

 

Jiyong walked to Dara and tried to stand next to her picking small talks while doing some simple warm up with her.

Dara will glance up from time to time to look at Krystal and Sulli giving her the smug look, as if they cannot wait to see Dara fail . 

 

"Are you nervous..? " Jiyong finally spoked. 

"No... " Dara tried to force a smile .

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dara's House  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Bom was rushing around the house grabbing her stuff as she's almost late for her class when she accidentally chanced upon a packet of medicine.

 

"Aisht , that girl always forgetting to bring her medicine along with her!  " Bom frowned while looking at her watch.

"I'm going to be late for class! This child! " Bom rush out of the door.

 

 

 

    

 

 

 

        ❤ MM