If We Fall in Love

If We Fall in Love

 

There won’t be no ordinary days for you
if there is someone who cares like I do
You got no reason to be sad anymore
I’m always ready with a smile
with just one glimpse of you
You don’t have to search no more
‘cause I am someone who will love you for sure


                When he left China for Korea when he was just nineteen years old, he had believed that the foreign land would be where the grass is greener so to speak. He knew it wasn’t going to be an easy journey but he knew he’d do all he could to make it through. After the gruelling training years that resulted to being the member of Super Junior frequently casted out, Korea seemed more like a personal hell to him.

                If he was going to be honest with himself, no one in Super Junior had it worse than him. He was the one who didn’t get to perform during live stages just because he was not Korean. He was the one who was looked down at and ridiculed for the speaking the native tongue of the country that gave him a job and fame. He always kept a smile on his face – he was trained to do just that. But when no one was looking – not even his twelve brothers – smiling was something so strange to him. Was the price he was paying for his dreams to come true worth it?

Korea was both heaven and hell but he wouldn’t have it any other way. Not when it gave him her.

It was her smile; the one that was uniquely hers that first caught his attention. It was the smile that turned to be the one thing that brightened up his day no matter how bad it was. Then, she started to mean so much more to him than just being the woman who could make everything better. Hankyung still had his reasons to be upset, to cry, to be terribly homesick but all those are overpowered by the most important truth in his life.

Sooyoung loves him.

That was enough.

Though Heechul made it clear by pestering him every day since they had celebrated their second anniversary that it shouldn’t stop there

“Just marry her and knock her up already!”

“You just did not say that.”


So if we fall in love,
maybe we’ll sing this song as one
If we fall in love,
we can write a better song than this
If we love,
we will have this melody in our heads
If we fall in love,
anywhere with you would be a better place

                The door swung open and the lights were switched on. Kyuhyun takes a hesitant step inside the small room, looking around at the few things inside. Taking a deep breath, he reached a hand outside the door and slowly guided Sooyoung inside. She was unexpectedly calm as she looked around the tiny space that was going to serve as their home from now on. It barely had anything inside except for a twin sized bed, a small couch, a dining table for two, a sink and a small bathroom that had the basics.

“I’m so sorry, Soo.” He apologized profusely as he put down their bags on the floor. “This was the only one I could afford. I promise when I find job, we’re going to be better off.”

Sooyoung shook her head as she smiled. “Oppa, it’s okay. This is just enough for us. I’m sure we just have to buy a couple of things and stuff like that. But as it is, this is home because I’m with you.”

                A smile made its way to face as well as he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer to him. She was right; this was definitely better than her getting married to some guy her parents had arrangements with. Running away wasn’t always the best option when solving problems but this time around, it was the only choice.

                As Sooyoung went on and on about how they can make the cosy room the home they would want it to be, he sighed in contentment; his hands coming to rest on Sooyoung’s flat stomach. Running away and living a life on their own together was definitely the best decision the could make

Especially now there were three of them


You can watch that movies in a different light
‘cause I will be there beside you,
hugging you oh so tight
Your hands will never feel so cold and empty again
‘cause I will keep holding and won’t let go
You don’t have to search no more
‘cause I am someone who will love you for sure


Siwon never really enjoyed watching those romantic movies.

                He used to be fine with them… up until he realized that he had no one to watch it with. It wasn’t really ‘no one’ in the strictest sense of the word. It was more of in a romantic sense. Leeteuk had Taeyeon. Heechul had Jessica. Yonghwa had Seohyun. Nichkhun had Victoria. Jaejoong had Boa. Changmin had Yeonhee. Sungmin had Sunny. Eunhyuk had Hyoyeon. What about him? He watched those movies without being able to fully relate to it, except for those occasional scenes about not having anyone special. More often than not, he just ended up getting jealous of what played on the screen. How come those kinds of romances only existed in cinemas?

“Oppa!” Sooyoung’s voice snapped him out of his thoughts as she flopped on the couch beside him with a stack of DVDs in her arms. “Ready to watch?”

“What do you have there?” He asked as she dumped them all on the table.

“Let’s see… I have Titanic, Gone with The Wind, Pride & Prejudice, The Notebook… Oh, and The Young Victoria.” The tall brunette replied; a wide smile on her face.

His nose scrunched up adorably. “Don’t you have Mission Impossible, James Bond or something like that there?”

“What’s wrong with a little romance every now and then? Do you wish that you were Jack or Prince Albert?” She teased, nudging him playfully in the side.

“I just wish love was like that for me too.”

Taking his hand in hers, she squeezed it gently and reassuringly. “Don’t worry, oppa. You’ll find the one for you.”

Siwon nodded at that before she took off to insert the CD of The Young Victoria in the player. 


Hopefully when that time comes, I’ll be the right one for you.

So if we fall in love,
maybe we’ll sing this song as one
If we fall in love,
we can write a better song than this
If we fall in love,
we will have this melody in our heads
If we fall in love,
anywhere with you would be a better place


“Don’t fall in love with me, noona.”

Sooyoung stiffened as she remained seated beside him, staring out at the vast sea in front of them. “You’re going all A Walk to Remember to me, now?”

Key rolled his eyes despite the seriousness of the situation. “Noona, promise me.”

“If I fall in love with you, it’s going to be all me. It’s going to be my action.” She didn’t look at him as she spoke. “It’s going to be my decision, not yours.”

“If I fall in love with you, I’m just going to hurt you.” The younger of the two kept his eyes on her, hoping that she’d get the message.

The brunette finally turned her head to face him. “If I fall in love with you, it’s a risk I’m going to take.”

“If I fall in love with you, I’m just going to leave you one day.” Pain echoed throughout every word he spoke.

“If I fall in love with you, I’m going to be the one who inspires you… to get better.” Tears welled in her eyes but she willed herself to be brave.

He smiled at that. “If I fall in love with you, I’m going to die of cancer a happy man.”


Feels so good when you’re around
One smile from you
Be mine
This feels so right, so…


Yet another New Year away from home

                A sad and somewhat exasperated sigh escaped Sooyoung’s lips as she stared out at the vast sky. She was alone in the row as the plane headed to Korea from Japan, leaving her at the mercy of her thoughts. She really did love her job and she wouldn’t trade being in SNSD for any other occupation out there. She loved her eight sisters, she loved all the friends she made though being an SNSD member and she loved her fans. But it didn’t mean that the hardships and sacrifices didn’t upset her any less.

                For the past how many years, she had been missing so much of family time. She knew that her parents and her sister could understand but it didn’t change the fact that they all wish the situation could have been better. Sooyoung was a family girl and being away from them on such an important time of the year was just breaking her heart.

“You okay over there?”

Sooyoung turned away from the window to find Yunho standing on the aisle next to empty seat beside her. “Oppa, what are you doing here?”

“I was getting bored in my seat since Changmin’s either sleeping or eating.” The DBSK leader chuckled. “Do you mind if I crash your space for a little while?”

She shook head. “Go ahead, oppa.”

“So what’s bothering you?” Yunho asked as he took a seat beside her, fastening the seatbelt.

An eyebrow arched at his action due to the fact that it only meant that he was staying longer than just a little while. “What makes you think something’s bothering me?”

“It’s 2012 already and we’re all away from home.” He rolled his eyes good naturedly. “I won’t be surprise if the sadness gets to you, you know?”

“Are you okay with it?” When his face remained blank, she elaborated. “With being away from your family, I mean.”

Yunho laughed but it was one without humor. “Of course not… but what I’m doing is for them too. So I gotta be strong.”

The SNSD member considered his words before leaning back against her seat and closing her eyes. “Someday when I’ve got children of my own, I don’t want any of them to be an idol.”

He kept his eyes on her. “Why is that?”

“I want them to have a normal life far from all this craziness… so that they won’t miss too much time away from family.”

“Being an idol isn’t too bad.” The raven haired man did the same thing she did. “You’re going to make an awesome mother.”

                Her eyes snapped open at that; Sooyoung turning to stare at the DBSK member with a faint blush tainting her cheeks. Feeling that he was being stared at, Yunho opened an eye, smiled sleepily and winked before he closed it again. That only succeeded in making her blush even more as she closed her eyes again, suddenly feeling much better. They stayed silent from the on; the only words spoken were when Yunho offered his shoulder for a makeshift pillow before they drifted off into dreamland.


So if we fall in love,
maybe we’ll sing this song as one
If we fall in love,
we can write a better song than this
If we fall in love,
we will have this melody in our heads
If we fall in love, anywhere with you would be a better…