Project with the Devil/Jerk?!

Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover

~Hayoung's POV~

"No, bacon is the best." I insisted. (A/N See what I did there? :D)

"Nu-uh, ham is ten times better."

"Who doesn't like bacon?"

"Me. Ham rocks." Minhee argued.

It's been two weeks since I befriended Minhee. Many people were starting to notice how one of the most popular girls (ME!) was hanging with a...a... NERD.

"Ew... what the hell?"

"Is she crazy?"

"Why would she become friends with HER?"

Glares were shot at Minhee, who shrank under them.

"They're going to hate me more now." She whispered to me.

"Ignore them. Stick with me and you'll be perfectly fine." I threw a glance over my shoulder to see a fuming, red-faced Hoya.

Yep, stick close to me and nobody would even dare hurt you.

We reached our class and took our seats. The bell rang just as I plopped down on my seat.

"Where's Kim Myungsoo?" The teacher planted his palms on the desk.

"Here, Mr. Ahn." L sauntered into the room and saluted with two fingers.

Girls swooned and fangirled over him. They seemed to follow his every move. I shuddered. Honestly, he's hot but I wouldn't just stare... Oh gosh, I'm starting to stare *mental facepalm*

"Late again I see, Myungsoo." Mr. Ahn raised his eyebrows. L sent a challenging stare back at him.

"Anyways, there will be a project." Everybody started pointing to each other and making gestures.

"AND! I have already chosen the partners so don't get me started." Mr. Ahn grabbed a piece of paper from his desk.

Everybody groaned and waited to see who their partner was.

"Ae Cha and..."

People were either cheering or rolling their eyes at who they got as a partner. I was about to fall asleep until I heard two distinct names that Mr. Ahn said above the hubbub.

"Lee Hayoung and Kim Myungsoo."

The words echoed in my head.

Lee Hayoung and Kim Myungsoo.

Lee Hayoung and Kim Myungsoo,

Lee Hayoung and Kim Myungsoo.

FCK! I HAVE TO WORK WITH THAT JERKFACE?!

 

~L's POV~

That did not just happen.

I mentally slapped myself as the words were projected in my mind.

Lee Hayoung and Kim Myungsoo.

WHAT THE HELL MR. AHN!

I'M STUCK WITH THE DEVIL!!

I gave my mental self a pinch and another slap.

Nope, still widely awake.

"Please get with your partners now."

Please be a dream. I will wake up any moment and realize this is the world's most worst nightmare.

Hayoung got up to get the papers for the project.

Please don't walk to me. GOD WHY MUST YOU BE SO CRUEL? WHAT HAVE I DONE IN MY PAST LIFE TO DESERVE HER?!

"Okay, jerk. I don't want to do this with you and it's probably the same for you. Short and simple. We finish as soon as possible and we get out of each other's faces, 'kay?"

I nodded my head in agreement but pouted on the inside. SHE STOLE MY IDEA!

 

~Hayoung's POV~

"I have the best/worst partner ever!" Minhee and I shouted at the same time.

"I get to work on my project with Sungyeol." Minhee squealed.

"You like m- Sungyeol?" I tried to imagine Sungyeol with Minhee. Huh, they would be cute if Minhee fixed herself up.

"Yeah, he's so nice. He even paid for my lunch when L took my lunch."

"Wait wh- ARGH!" Something splashed on me.

"Enjoy your food." L smirked at me.

"JERK!"

"DEVIL!"

"ARROGANT DEMON!"

"LET ME GET BACK TO YOU WITH A NAME!" L yelled and huffed, turning around.

Me: 3 million L: 0

"I'm stuck with THAT... that.. THING!" I pointed after L.

"Hayoung, you'll like him one day." Minhee shook her head.

"Shut up."

"Don't worry, I'll make sure he doesn't do anything funny or I'll beat him to a pulp."

"Are you sure you don't have any friends? You're so fun to be with." I scraped food out of my hair.

"Pretty sure."

 

"Let's get this over with." L leaned against the locker next to mine.

"Thought you'd never ask."

I closed my locker door and we started walking to the exit.

"I bet I have more fangirls than you have fanboys." L challenged randomly.

"Well, I bet my fanboys will be more enthusiastic than your fangirls."

"Oh, IT'S ON."

I pushed open the door and both me and L were surrounded by fanboys and fangirls.

"MARRY ME OPPA!"

"I LOVE YOU, L!!!!!!"

"L'S MINE!" Ae Cha screamed.

L sent a smirk in my direction. Tsk, tsk, don't underestimate my fanboys, L. They'll beat your fangirls anyday.

"HAYOUNG! FCK ME!"

"I DITCHED MY GIRLFRIEND FOR YOU!"

"HAYOUNG, WILL YOU MARRY ME?" I sent a triumphant look back at L, who was standing dumbfounded.

"Whoa, guys. She's going to date me." Pretty boy slung an arm around my shoulder. I glared back at him in return.

"Don't get ideas or your hopes up, Joon. I'll never date anyone like you."

I swore L had his fist clenched as he muttered under his breath, "I'm supposed to be the one annoying the hell out of her."

Jealous, much?

"Feisty girl. I like that." Joon looked me up and down and sent me a wink.

If Hoya was here, Joon would've been dead minutes ago.

"Go away. Let's go finish that project, Myungsoo." I muttered, knowing how much he hated hearing his real name.

L didn't object and didn't seem to mind that I called him by his real name either. I tilted my head to the side. Has he gone bipolar or something? I shook my head and got rid of the thought. He was probably not listening as he shot his charming smile to his fangirls.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, an update ^^

I have way too much time on my hands ><