Noodle soup

Noodle soup

Yah! You have to use 200 ml water!” “Jjong, that's unimportant. If we use 10 ml more or less, it won't make any difference!” “But it are almost 20 ml!”

Key stood in the entrance of the kitchen and chuckled, watching the two older boys fight about the water amount. “Jjong, if you divide this 20 ml on 3 portions, it are only around 6 ml. And this won't make a difference.” “Around 6 ml? But 6 ml multiplied with 3 make only... 18. It is 18, isn't it?” “Jonghyun!” Onew made a suffering face. “Please, just go ahead and pour the 200 ml yourself.” The puppy happily took over the water heater and fulfilled the task. He continued to open the cupboards randomly and searched obviously for something.

“Hyuuung~?” Addressed one hit his head against the refrigerator a couple of times. “Please. Please. No aegyo. I'm doing everything you want.” “Where are the noodles?” “How am I supposed to know? Go and ask Bummie.” “But I thought we were going to surprise him.” He pouted. Key could see how Onew's patience was about to crack. “Jonghyun. Did you searched in that cupboard over there?” “But isn't in there Taemin's banana milk?” He headed to the said object, still nagging, opened it and the noodle pack practically fell onto him. “...” Onew smirked. “Round one goes to you I guess.” The older one patted his shoulder tenderly and gave him a soft peck on his pouting lips. They went on, preparing the noodles and adding them to the soup, still arguing over details.

Jonghyun didn't like the cups Onew had chosen.

Onew didn't like the fact, that Jonghyun was against having chicken in the soup.

It took them some more minutes until they had filled the cups, boiled some tea, again discussing about the flavour, and had finished. “And what now?” Key had took a few steps aside, so they wouldn't see him the moment they would exit, but he still could hear these dorks very good. “What do you mean with that?”, Jonghyun responded. “Do we set everything at the table and call him or do we call him and tell him to get seated and then set everything?” This time, the older boy was the one to get no answer. “Forget it.” He heard footsteps and jumped aside, though nobody entered the hall.

“No, Hyung! Let me carry that!” “Why?” “What if you'll fall and drop it and-” “Jjong! I think I am able to walk this few steps to the living room.” “No! Please Hyung! I just don't want to risk anything.” And before you could say Onew Condition or Dorks or Noodle soup or SHINee or whatever you want say, they were discussing loudly. Key had to suppress his laugh caused by these two grown-up man who acted as if they were three. He waited a bit longer, wanting to see their faces changing from strong anger to even stronger surprise. And then he walked in, leaning on the door frame.

First. If you want to surprise someone, you have to be god damn quiet. Even our neighbours could probably hear you.

Second. Maybe it's true that little details make the general appearance. But 2 or 3 more ml waters don't cause any harm.

And third. Make me a hot chocolate if you want to make me happy.”

The older boy's were standing there, looking incredibly dump and surprised and stupefied. Jonghyun was the first one to regain his language. “Since when are you standing there?” Key grinned. “Since you two started.” The expression on the other's faces were priceless. He fully walked into the kitchen and took two cups. “Now come on. You planned this, where are we going to eat?” Jonghyun also took one and the can of tea, guiding him to the living room. It was already dark and a few candles were lit. Onew quickly prepared the wished drink, and encountered a few minutes later.

They all had sat down on the couch, close to each other. Quietly sipping their broth, enjoying the warm atmosphere. By the time they finished, they put their cups on the table and snuggled even closer. Onew and Jonghyun lent onto Key and they didn't do anything for a couple of minutes, nothing but breathing deeply and cuddling even closer to each other. Key couldn't help but smile at his band members and their attempt to show their affection in a very simple, yet cute way. And their attempt was successful. There couldn't be anything better, than sitting here, cuddling with one another, feeling their heartbeats becoming one. “You guys are really cute.”, he said, softly the other's heads. “You always do so much for us. We just wanted to say thank you.”, Onew muttered. “In such a cute way? I didn't know you guys could be so cheesy. I really like the idea with the candles.” Jonghyun sat up straight all of a sudden. “You actually like the candles?” His voice was filled with a mix of unbelief and disgust. “Yes, why are you asking?” Key chuckled a bit. “Because it was Hyung's idea and I told him how horribly corny it is, but he wouldn't listen and lit them either way and-” “I told you he would like it.” Onew responded with a bit of proud in his voice, pressing his face even deeper into Key's neck. “Hyung! Don't be that-” He was cut off by Key, who had pulled his face into the other side of his neck. “Shut up both of you. I want to enjoy this tiny bit of romantic we have right now.” It felt like the universe had stopped moving, like there were only the three of them existing right now.

“Jjong? Bummie?” “Hmm?” They both shot one glance at their leader. “Let's eat noodle soup more often.” “Yeah.” They closed their eyes, inhaled the mixed scent of each other and savoured this rare, calm and beautiful moment.