To Wake A Sleeping Dragon

To Wake A Sleeping Dragon

 

 

Time ticked away.

Six bodies each in their own little world , tuck under the covers of soft, warm sheets.

Lost  in their own sub consciousness.

The pitch black of night beyond closed curtains soon brightening and slowly the new day was being welcomed as the sun peaked out.

Suddenly an alarm buzzed to life.

The owner quickly springing his hand from under his comfortable make shift cocoon to silence the noise maker before it dug his nerves.

He groaned , the little lump on the bed moving around until finally a head popped out.

Lu Han sighed , making a whiny noise that indicated he was in no mood of getting out of bed but never the less it had to be done.

Ripping away the covers exposing his bundled form , he yawns wide as he stretches his slender arms in the air.

With a lazy drop he blinks a few times looking around the dim room with the aid from the only form of light peeking through the small slit between the curtains.

He mumbles incoherently placing his hands by his side and pushing himself off the bed accompanied with more grumbles on the lines of.

“I want more sleep… slleeeeppp”.

His feet pad along the floor making his way to the room door.

He runs a hand through his disheveled hairdo all thanks from his pillow and bad sleeping positions.

As the door swings open and he steps out to make his way for the kitchen , he bumps into another who carelessly makes his way along.

Too grumbling and pouting and the expression on his face almost matching Lu Han’s except for his puffed out dumpling cheeks that still had that tempting eager to pinch even so early in the morning.

“Sorry” Xiu Min mutters and if Lu Han didn’t know any better he could have sworn the other was still asleep with the way his eyes were barely open.

Sleep Walking perhaps?

“Are the others up yet?” Xiu Min asks as the two make their way as if not registering the fact the other had just come out of his room when the two had met up.

How would he know?

As the other opens his mouth to speak , he’s hushed and the two are startled by a sudden crashing sound coming ahead of them.

The Kitchen.

Their steps quicken.

Well mostly Lu Han’s as Xiu Min wobbles around as if on the verge of collapsing right there on the floor only to curl up into a ball and catch more shut eye.

“What the hell man?” Lu Han says.

His annoyance slightly high,  but just blame the lack of sleep.

The dark haired boy’s head whips around.

Now startled by the sudden voice as he almost drop the water heater kettle from his hand.

“Oh your awake already… hehe was about to make some tea… sorry for the noise” Chen explains ending with an apology as he smiles at the other who just grumbles some more incoherent words before going to take a seat on the couch.

Chen shrugs , knowing how the others are when they get up , so he’s not phased.

“Want me to make you a cup?” he asks out loud and just receives a grumble as a response.

He chuckles , setting the device under the pipe to catch some water.

“Make me a cup too” another voice resounds in the quiet dorm that slowly blossoms to life as each member one by one make their way.

“Xiu Min… get up off the floor.. you’ll catch a cold” Lay’s voices sounds again as he walks over to the boy indeed sprawled out on the floor.

Unable to make it all the way to the couch.

Lay grins , as he drags Xiu Min's tired body over to the couch before plopping him down onto it and as if sensing the other warm body near him he quickly wiggles his way towards Lu Han’s lap taking his legs for a make shift pillow.

“Hey… come on… get up… wakey wakeeey!!” Lu Han chimes as he pinches Xiu Min’s cheeks so hard the other squeaks up.

Eyes popping open.

And expression changing to displeased and in pain.

“Ow…. That hurt” Xiu Min whines hitting Lu Han on the shoulder before setting himself in a comfortable sitting position.

Rubbing his eyes and yawning cutely.

He pats his lips together and stares blankly around him.

 

“Want help?” Lay asks as he leans against the kitchen counter , opening the cabinet to pull out a few mugs.

Chen nods in a response and his eyes make a quick dart to Lay who was now standing beside him then away before they shifted back up again.

Lay runs a hand over his face turning to lean against the counter after taking out the mugs and setting them down with the tea bags to wait for the hot liquid that would soon fill them.

He folds his arms together and stares at nothing in particular.

When a sudden snicker catches his ears.

His eyes shift to the side.

Noticing Chen’s sudden change and now his back was turned to him.

His brows furrow a bit and leans back a little giving him just enough space to see Chen’s profile.

“Something funny?” he asks and Chen turns to him slowly.

His snickers increasing as he glances up at the slightly taller boy beside him.

“Your… your hair” Chen says between a giggle and this makes the latter even more confused.

“What about my hair?” he asks touching the sides.

And this turns Chen’s giggles into laughter.

The problem resided at the top of his head.

“Some of your hair is all pointy up in the front” Chen says.

“You look like a unicorn” he continues , laughing more.

His statement being heard by Lu Han who in turn takes in the other’s pillow hairstyle and burst out in laughter as well.

“Its true… hahaha… it all makes sense now” he speaks , teasing the other.

Lay frowns, which almost looks like a pout and his hand spring up to rid the joke worthy hairstyle resulting in another less comical one.

“Now you look like a mental patient” Chen jokes again and in the background they could faintly hear the sound of the water boiling and low whistle as the steam spewed from the tiny opening given.

Lay’s frown increases and in a swift move his hands are all up and about in Chen’s hair.

The other whines , caught off guard by the sudden attack.

Lay pulls away , a smirk forming on his face as his little revenge is done.

“There now we match… but I think you pull the whole mental patient image off a little bit better” he teases and Chen quickly pats down his hair being sure to send a glare Lay’s way.

“Not funny”.

 

~~~~~~~~~`

 

Soon the grumpy , sleepy fresh faced boys moods lighten as they indulge in the warm comforting feel of the tea as it runs through their system warming them up.

The four sit in a small group, eyes glued to the television screen until Xiu Min’s eyes look to the clock hanging on the wall.

“Its almost 7:30… why aren’t the other two up yet?” he asks out loud.

Lay takes one final sip of tea before turning to the other first shrugging before he replies.

“Tao should be up by now….. but uh” his gaze then shifts glancing at a door that can be seen just at the bend down the hallway.

“Who’s gonna wake him up?” he questions and as if setting off something an eerie feeling washes around.

Chen plants his mug to his face , pretending to not even hear what Lay had said and glued his eyes back to the television screen.

“I’m not doing it” Lu Han speaks up taking another sip of his tea.

“I did it last time….. you go” Xiu Min speaks up before anyone started picking who to sacrifice into the Dragon’s layer.

“Me why me?” Lay questions , his eyes bugging out a bit.

“Because you were the one who brought it up” Xiu Min shoots back his retort.

“You’re the first to finish with your tea” Lu Han adds in more , his eyes pointing to the mug Lay had just set down.

“And because….. well….. what those two said” Chen speaks up giving a cheeky grin , glad that he wasn’t the one who had to go.

“Wait ..but..”.

“Just go…. Its getting late” Xiu Min cuts in pushing the other on the shoulder.

Lay half glares at the others, still rooted in the couch before sighing in defeat.


“This isn’t fair…. This isn’t fair I tell you” he mumbles low as he reluctantly gets up.

He glances back at the others who all hold a big grin on their faces before fixing their attention back to the television screen.

He shakes his head.

But still makes his way to the door which held the person who loved his sleep the most.

The person who was not so friendly when it came to waking up , especially at hours such as this.

Lay gulped as he twists the doorknob slowly pushing the door open enough to poke his head inside.

It's dark , so dark that even when he squints and even with the aid on the light that poured in, there was only so much he could see.

Nonetheless his presses forward.

Taking careful steps as he makes his way inside.

As if not wanting to wake the older boy Lay slowly and cautiously creeps closer.

Well wasn’t this a contradiction.

 

“Kris” he says in a voice just above a whisper.

“Kris gege” he says again only a little louder this time.

Nothing happens.

No movement comes from the sleeping boy, but its no like Lay could see properly to even tell.

He sighs, thinking he’s wasting too much time he makes his way to the other side of the room.

Once he’s there his fingers coil around the thick velvet curtains, pulling them apart and his eyes squeeze tight at the sudden burst of morning sun ray hitting him.

“AAHH MY EYES!!” he screams pressing his fingers to his shut eyes.

He stiffens suddenly by the sound of movement behind him.

His head turning a bit just in time to see Kris sandy dark locks poke up from the sheets.

Did he do it?

Did he manage to wake him?

Would it really be this easy-

 

Just then Kris’s body turns to the other side.

Back facing Lay and the open curtains , his head plopping back down on the pillow.

 

Fail.

 

“Aww come on… are you serious” Lay sighs , taking quick steps until he stands right beside Kris’s bed.

He bends down a bit, placing his hands on what he presumed was Kris shoulder down his arm and shakes the latter.

“Come on … wake up .. its time to get up Kris gege… WAKE UP –AAHHH” he yells at the sudden hand that pops up from under the sheet.

And before he knows it, he’s there.

Wiggling around like a worm while Kris has him in a head lock , eyes still close but an annoyed look on his half asleep face.

“Get….. Out” the words come out slowly , making sure to get its point clearly across and Kris tightens his grip pulling a choked whimper from the other before he releases him and snuggles back under the covers.

 

~~

 

The three boy’s head spring up as Lay comes running out of Kris’s room holding his neck and coughing.

“What did he do this time?” Lu Han asks , half amused yet kind of scared.

“I’m not going back in there…. NEVER!” Lay hisses and plops his body on the ground near the couch.

 

“Then how is he gonna get up…. Aww come on give it one more try” Chen urges the other poking at his back with his foot.

“Why don’t you go.. huh .. HUH!!” Lay lashes back.

“I can’t handle getting yelled at so early in the morning” Chen says blinking innocently.

“What kind of waste of an excuse is that?” Lay hollers back.

“A good enough one for me” Chen shrugs.

 

The two bicker back and forth until a third party joins.

Xiu Min.

“Good god pipe down… I’ll do it” he says getting to his feet.

“What you gonna do this time… you know your last method barely worked... right” Lu Han states.

Xiu Min sighs.

That was true.

So what to do… what to do.

He pursed his lips together until an idea finally came to mind.

“hehehe I know what I’m gonna do” he says and heads off towards Kris’s room in a quick jog.

 

The three watch in utter curiosity as Xiu Min pushs Kris’s room door open and enters the Leader’s domain.

“I give him 20 seconds before he comes running out” Lu Han grins leaning back in the couch.

Lay turns to look at him.

“How long did I last?” he asks.

“12 seconds” Lu Han replies.

“Damn… almost broke my last record” he says snapping a finger.

 

Xiu Min stands by Kris’s bed.

Eyeing the boy who refused to get the hell out of bed.

He glances at the clock on the side table noticing the other hadn’t even bother to set the alarm.

Must have forgotten…. Hmmm yea sure.

He frowns placing a hand on his hip before his expression changes to a mischievous grin.

“I guess I’ll have to be your alarm” Xiu Min says lowly before drawing in a deep breath.

Filling his lungs to capacity , readying them to bring forth his explosive voice.

 

 

“How many seconds now?”

Chen asks.

“Hmmm about –“.

 

“ZUI HOU WO NU HOU !!!
WO KUANG QI WO HUI WEN!!”

 

The boys eyes bug out of their heads and they all jump startled from the sudden and loud as voice that’s screaming out.

Chen glances at the other before towards where what sounded lie Xiu Min as he kept yelling out word by word.

“Is… is that his scream rap from MAMA?”

“What the hell?”

“He’s lost it….. I’m convinced”.

 

“BU XIANG YAO SHI JIE BIAN DE LENG

QING BANG BANG WO

MAMA MAMA MAMA – AAHHH WAIT PLEASE I WAS JUST TRYING TO NOOOOO –“

 

The three’s eyes go wide once again yet from another scream only this time it didn’t seem apart of Xiu Min’s rap.

With the sudden cry of a plead that was cut short.

The dorm suddenly fell silent.

“Oh my god what did he do to him?” Lu Han rose a little off the couch.

 

 

Just then the dragon’s room door opened up even more and out was Xiu Min thrown like a sack of potatoes.

A petrified look in his eyes as he crawled away from the door that slammed shut behind him.

“Wow”.

O.O

“ahhahahahahaa” Chen burst out laughing at the sight of Xiu Min.

His pajama shirt off his body revealing his under shirt.

Tugging at the same garment that went from being on him to around his mouth, tying his mouth shut.

“mmm mmm” he whined tugging at the knot behind his head as he desperately tried to take his twisted pajama shirt off which was basically stuffing his mouth shut.

“L. O. L”.

With a finally tug the blasted garment finally loosens a bit just enough for it to fall to rest around his neck like a scarf.

 

Fail.

 

“HAHAHAHAHA… That is priceless… I gotta tell this to Kai and the others later” Lay laughed out clutching his stomach.

“I don’t know why I even tried…. Gosh he’s horrible when half awake” Xiu Min pouted the horrific scene that happened just prior replaying in his head.

 

Lu Han rolled his eyes.

“Tsk…. This is getting out of hand now” he says getting to his feet.

“HEY TIME TO GET UP” he yells and storms off to Kris’s door pushing the door open and barging in , fired up and ready to drag the sleeping dragon out of bed.

Just then as he disappears into the leader’s room.

Tao appears , walking lazily yet looking wide awake.

“What's with all the noise?” he asks and before he can get a reply from the other another shriek echoes throughout.

“He kicked me….. I tried dragging him by the legs and he frigging kicked me in the hip.. oh my god” Lu Han wailed as he half ran half limped out of Kris’s room groaning in pain.

 

“You Fail” Chen feels the need to say earning a glare from the other tending to his aching hip bone.

Tao just stands there.

Trying to absorb as much out of the situation as possible.

And the only words seeming to register throughout the four’s bickering was.

“Your turn… get your in there and wake him up” Lu Han demanded of Chen , since he hadn’t gone yet.

“No… you crazy”.

“I’ll do it” Tao says , drawing the other’s attention.

“I’ll go wake him” he speaks before turning on his heel.

 

“Hmmmm…. Maybe we should have went for him before… since he’s so eager” Lay said.

“He Is the badass one after all”.

 

"He frigging kicked me in the hip... who does that" T^T

 

~~~~~~~~~~`

 

Tao enters the room , his eyes shifting around until landing on the bed with a lump moving about under the covers.

He takes a few steps closer until he’s almost at the end of the bed.

“Kris gege… you need to get up now” he says.

Nothing.

No response comes.

“Aww come one….. you can sleep after we come back from our schedule” Tao says again but just like before there still came no response.

He was just being ignored.

He frowned , not liking the lack of attention.

“Kris gege--”.

“Go away… I wanna sleep” the other mumbles , tossing around causing the sheet to writhe down.

His head nuzzled into the pillow.

Getting into a comfortable spot on his stomach and once again ignoring the world , for his sleep.

Tao sighed resting his body against the wall.

“So you’re not gonna get up huh” he says lowly , too low for Kris to hear even if he was actually listening.

Tao’s arms fall to his side as he straightens himself and draws closer to Kris.

A devious smirk playing on his lips.

‘We’ll see about that’ he thinks and carefully the bed starts to dip as Tao gently places his body onto it.

Crawling as carefully as possible until he’s hovering over Kris’s sleeping form who has absolutely no clue what’s coming.

Tao’s smirk grows and he lifts a hand , being mindful to keep his balance.

“Last chance… get up before I do stuff to you” Tao chimes.

But no response comes from Kris.

And he isn’t disappointed by that fact as he eagerly goes about what he sets out on doing.

He props himself up knees on either side of Kris , having the older caught between him.

His hands fall, to gently rest on the latter’s back and Tao bites back the grin which wants to get wider on his face as they play with the hem of Kris’s shirt before starting to ride the article of clothing upwards.

Revealing more and more of the leader’s flawless skin as it begins to peek out.

The y dip in his back as Tao runs his finger between it after he’s done riding the shirt all the way.

He sees Kris twitch a bit in his sleep.

“Sensitive hmmm” he teases even though the other can’t hear.

“AH” Kris eyes go wide.

His head propping up and his body shivers a bit from the feel of something wet run right along his spine.

He turns until his back is against the mattress and comes upon the body hovering above him causing him lack of space to move.

“T-Tao what the heck?” Kris stutters as he stares up at Tao who is at the moment his lips.

“Did … did you just-“ Kris’s words come to a quick stop when Tao leans himself forward drawing dangerously close to him.

“Its time to wake up …. And if you don’t get out of this bed right now” he speaks leaning in so close their nose’s almost touch.

“I might have to use a stronger method” he speaks taking Kris by surprise as Tao gently grips the latter's plump bottom lip between his teeth giving it a playful and forewarning tug.

Then drops his lower half of his body down onto Kris's lap , pulling a sound from the latter that sends his face going beat red.

Completely and totally stunned at Tao's little method of getting him out of bed.

 

 Tao smirks.

“Well….”

~~~~~~~~`

 

The four boy’s in the living jump when someone comes flying out of Kris’s bedroom and to there shock and amazement it’s the leader himself.

 

“H-How did he do that?”.

“I didn’t even hear any screaming…. No fight? … no nothing?”.

Seconds later Tao appears and without saying anything he heads towards the kitchen.

Leaving the others bewildered.

 

“Crap its almost time to leave …. WE NEED TO GET READY!!” Xiu Min yells and they all shuffle to their feet , running around the dorm like mad ants.

 

 

 

 

And from then, it’s been Tao alone who’s been time after time successful To Wake The Sleeping Dragon.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

hope you guys liked this.

how was my first exo fic :S ... oh god i hope it wasnt a fail.

T__________T