A Thousand Miles Away

A Thousand Miles Away

 

026. Public displays of affection.

It was nice to hold hands while walking down the street without having to worry about cameras being shoved into their faces. Well, more like hidden cameras because everyone knows that’s how the fans really get the pictures. No hiding in silly disguises (even these don’t seem to work anymore) or going separate ways and acting like complete strangers when just three hours ago they were in bed cuddling together. It was nice walking down the streets in Greece and no one even sparing them a second look. Even if they’re still wearing sunglasses and a hat, people would just think of them being tourist and not Park Jaebum and CL from 2NE1, Korea’s top big stars, but just Jay Park and Chaerin Lee on vacation.

It was refreshing and Chaerin was going to enjoy every minute of it. Plus, it wasn’t every day you get to go to the Mediterranean with your boyfriend and enjoy some free time together. There were no photo shoots, no interviews, no fans, no band members (the girls knew about their relationship, it was Bom who suggested the trip in the first place) and no managers. Feeling more comfortable and a bit bolder, Jay puts his left arm around her shoulders and pulls her closer to his side. In respond Chaerin wraps her right arm around his waist and brings her left hand to grab hold of his hand hanging over her shoulder, intertwined their fingers together.  Turning her face up towards Jay, Chaerin can see the small smile on his full lips and unable to resist the temptation, she leans into place a kiss on them. In a crowded public street with people walking past them and not batting an eye once at the young couple, where back in Korea it would have been reported within twenty minutes on different sites outing them to the public and causing their companies headaches.

It was perfect and Chaerin wanted it to last forever.