1. I love you, really

Why Me?

 

"Baabbbyyyyy!! Wait for me!" Jonghyun whined.

 "Stop whining you dino! Walk faster!" Jooyeon turned around and stood akimbo.

-That lady there isn’t a happy one- Jonghyun noted to himself.

"You're too fast! Why hurry?" Jonghyun whined again.

 "You are acting like a baby here." Jooyeon raised an eyebrow at him. "In front of everyone."

 That was when Jonghyun realized that he was at the centre of attraction. There were girls giggling and cooing at him regardless of his rather pathetic (well, that’s what you think) behavior. Jonghyun bowed and blushed walked towards Jooyeon.

 "It's your entire fault!" Jonghyun lightly knocked your forehead.

Jooyeon wrinkled her nose in disapproval and simply stated "let’s just go" and walked off.

-Girls...- Jonghyun sighed and caught up with you. Holding your hands together, Jonghyun tried to cool you down because for an obvious reason: you're mad because of a certain someone and you're on your time of the month. Simple.

 

*Flashback*

"Park Jooyeon." That irritatingly high-pitched voice called out again, but with a higher frequency.

Annoyed by her calling, you finally turned around. "Yes?"

"That took you pretty long. Don't act all high and mighty just because you are friends with the kingkas." Mina rolled her eyes before examining her manicure-d nails.

"So, you called me a zillion times just for that?" You calmly stated, and raising your eyebrows at her, not believing.

"I'm not that stupid to waste me precious saliva on you just for that, you genius. I got better things to do." once again, she rolled her eyes.

"That is...?" I challenged her.

 "Are you trying to challenge me?" Mina leaned forward with a 'How Dare You' eyes looking at you.

"I never said I was." I lied.

"You better not." Mina stood up from her desk and walked off.

Before exiting, she turned and warned "Stay away from Minho since you already have Jonghyun. You don't want anyone to get hurt."

She waited for my reply, but it never came.

 "Do you hear me?" Mina snapped, annoyed by your behavior.

"Don't think I can." "You what?" Mina stomped over and was about to slap her when a strong hand stopped her.

She was fuming red.

"I would suggest that you don't make a nuisance of yourself."

"M-min ho oppa..."

I cringed inwardly. -Oppa.... you're kidding-

"I'm just teaching her a lesson! She's too arrogant!"

Minho sighed and let go of his hand. "Lets just let it go alright."

 

 

"Hey..."

"Who is to control my freedom? Why can't I just do whatever I want without her threatening me?" I frowned.

"Look here, SHINee got your back. She wouldn't dare to do anything. "

"She nearly slapped me."

"Nearly. This means she didn’t." Minho grinned.

I groaned, burying my face in my hands -Just... why? Why is it me?-

"Jooyeon.... " Minho trailed off.

"I'm... fine" I mumbled.

*End of Flashback*

 

Kim Mina, always ordering people like a Queen she claims to be.

-With you as a Queen? This world had just signed their own death. - Jooyeon sighed as she came to a halt suddenly.

"Babe.... you OK?" Jonghyun patted her back worriedly.

"F-Fine. I just need a toilet."

"Hm? You sure? You don't look good." Jonghyun looked at your pale lips.

"Y-yeah." You shook your head, indicating that you're fine.

"O...kay.” Jonghyun wasn't fully convinced, but still lead you to the toilet at one of the restaurant along the streets.

Once inside, you frantically looked through your bag for your pain relief pills and gulped it in. The pain subsides and you waited for awhile to get out.

"You better now?" I nodded and smiled.

"Better than ever. Lets go!" I grabbed his hand and lead the way. Once again, Jonghyun sighed. -Girls...- and shaked his head before smiling.

 

The night was beautiful. The stars shine as bright as ever, lighting up the skies. After finishing dinner, both of you laid down on the grass to admire the beauty of the night and spending time together .

Cuddling, you whispered softly. "Thank you for always putting up with my never ending mood swings. Thank you for loving me for who I am. Thank you for always being there for me, Jonghyun."

"Why are you so cheesy all of a sudden? I thought I'm supposed to be the cheesy one." Jonghyun chuckled but looked at me with a questioning look.

I shook my head, "Nothing, just that I love you... a lot"

He smiled widely, showing his pearl white teeth. "Me too. I love you... a lot"

 

With that, that day ended with a sweet kiss.

And that day... was when I know I'm left with 6 months.