Chapter 5 - still Jia's turn to write :)

My Flaming Princess

Yep, so it's still my turn to write...
I know everybody's missing Nikka but bear with me for a while yeah? ^^
And to all the readers here, I do recognise most from my own PM list, thanks for the support.
You know I love you guys the most right? <3



Chapter 5


Minju's

Okay... so my older brother, Choi Minho apparently hates me.

Good! It's not like I need him to like me or anything.

It's been about four days since I've moved in with my mom into my stepdad's house. My stepdad tries to talk to me all the time and it's not like I don't want to answer him but it's just that he can't freaking talk in chinese and I can't freaking talk in korean.

It's like I'm the only one in the house that has a language barrier with the rest of the people. Even my mom speaks korean fluently enough. I'm the only one who doesn't.

Enough about my inferiority about the korean language, I haven't finished talking about my new family.

I have two new older brothers and apparently, I should address them as oppa. I don't know what oppa means but it sounds weird and it's just not me to call oppa.

Choi Minhyuk is twenty-three, five years older than I am. Although he's much older than me, he seems to treat me a lot better than Choi Minho does. He looks out for me, buys me treats from the convenience store and is always around at home.

Choi Minho on the other hand, although just two years older than me, is rarely at home. I barely see him. I heard from my mom that he lives outside with s. When he's at home, he always avoids me. He doesn't look at me in the eye, doesn't talk to me and he even makes sure we don't sit on the same couch to watch the same show on TV.


"You can't just send me off to school?!" I said, horrified.

"Why can't I? I'm your mom," my mom said.

"And it's because you're my mom, you can't send me off to school in Korea when I don't speak a single korean," I snapped.

My mom was just making decisions on her own! She didn't even get my approval to move to Korea and now she's sending me to a school in Korea.

"If you don't want to go to school, what are you planning to do then?" she asked.

I can fight and help out those in need.

Sounds really drama huh?

But that's what I do.


"I don't know? But I needa learn some korean first right? You can't just send me to a school where everybody speaks korean there!" I exclaimed.

"You'll be fine. Just say hi. Annyeonghaseyo and people will start talking to you," my mom said while she pushed up her reading glasses.
"Why can't you teach me korean then?" I asked.

"Can't you see all of us are busy now? Appa and I are getting ready the wedding preparations. Your Minhyuk oppa works in the day and only comes back in the late evening. Minho oppa is even busier. He's a celebrity here in Korea and he's studying!" my mom said.

Bah bah bah.

And because of all these, I have to go to school not knowing anything?


"There're bound to be some students in your school who know chinese. Talk to them," she said.

I glared at her and pulled the loose rubberband off my hair, wearing it on my right wrist instead.

"You're my girl, you'll do just fine."

Ha, what does she know?


I told my mom I was going to get ignored and what did she say?

She said I was her girl and I'd do just fine.

Apparently, I was nowhere near fine.

Not that I cared. My older brother doesn't even care about me.

And by older brother, I am referring to Choi Minho.

"Minju yah."

I lifted my head from my lap and looked at Minhyuk.

"Are you nervous?" he asked.

As much as my korean , I do understand simple sentences.

I shrugged my shoulders as my fingers went to the sides of my school skirt.

"I'm sorry that I didn't manage to teach you any korean before the adults sent you to school," he said, looking sorry.

I couldn't catch what he was saying, let alone understand what he said and so I shrugged my shoulders again.

Minhyk chuckled and ruffled my hair.

I had tied my long hair into two plaits so it wouldn't get in the way.

"Well, the good thing is, you have a free ride to school every day since it's on the way," he smiled.

Uhhhh huh?

Instead of shrugging, I nodded my head and sighed.

I'm like a korean-impaired retard going to high school, can you believe this?

"Hwaiting!" Minhyuk punched his fist and looked at me brightly.

Oh wait, I know this.

"Hwaiting," I said too with my fist in the air.

Minhyuk laughed and pulled the car to a stop.

"Alright, enjoy your day in school. Make many many friends okay? I'll see you back at home for dinner then," he said.

Too hard and long to comprehend.

"Annyeong. Kamsahamnida," I said got out of the car.

"Annyeong!"

I waved one last goodbye to my older brother and looked at the school in dismay but I didn't have any choice so I slowly made my way into school.

I've always thought that foreign students attract attention from the locak students in school. But in my case, I wasn't attracting much attention.

Nobody even noticed I was new.

Everything was in korean and I didn't know where to go at all.

"Ummm, excuse me," I said in chinese only because I didn't know how to say it in korean.

A girl gave me a weird look and ran off.

What?

"Sorry, excuse me, do you know where the office is?" I asked again in chinese.

This guy looked at me as if I was crazy and pushed me aside so he could make his way to class.

What the hell?! What am I supposed to do now that everybody's ignoring me?!


So it has been like this for a while in school. I'm being ignored and people think I'm clueless.

Well, I wouldn't be clueless if I understood everything everyone was saying.

Everybody thinks I look innocent and harmless. Even if I wanted to tell them I'm more than I look, they wouldn't know what I'm saying.

This is how pathetic my life in school is.

Sighing deeply and hopelessly making my way to class, I held my head down and dragged my foot one by one.

Every day's the same.

Lifting my head up, I turned to my right and saw a bunch of guys standing by a hidden corner.

Huh, what are they doing?

Taking a closer look, I saw that among those guys, there was another boy being shoved around.

Ehhhhhhhhhh.

The boy fell onto the ground and his left hand flew to his elbow. The other guys wouldn't back down and continued to move towards the poor boy.

Just when I said every day's the same, today isn't.

The boy stared at those guys and pushed himself up from the ground as he tried to run away from them.

The guys caught hold of the collar of his shirt and held onto him. The boy struggled helplessly and started shouting in korean.

And the boy looked up and saw me. Our eyes met. His eyes weren't begging me to save him. They were more like asking me to run because it wouldn't be nice if I was caught as well.

I gave a smirk and threw my bag to the ground.

As if.