Chapter 2: The Benefits As Park Gyuri's Best Friend

Seconds

I guess you could say I knew from the start that Gyuri was using me to get to him, but I never bothered to mention anything because I was too afraid. Afraid of losing my first friend. Throughout my life I had very few friends. One of them was Lee Jinki, who was the leader and kingka of the group called SHINee. We were already having enough trouble keeping contact, then one day, we just... lost all contact.

I was a bit depressed and upset, but I moved on.

The other was a random guy I met on the streets. He was kind and a gentleman. His name was Jung Ji-hoon, or better known as Rain. He was close friends with the owner of the cafe where I used to work at until it was shut down. After that, I never saw him again, but I heard that Rain is the one who brought together the current kingkas of my school.

And yes, those are the only friends I had. Despite them being male, they had something in common: they liked music. And now I had two friends and they also liked music. Oh, the coindences. I didn't want friends like the others because I knew we would lose each other one or another. But being best friends the queenka and leader of K-ARA, Park Gyuri, had its benefits.

For example, I was no longer called "The Nerd". I was treated a lot better and I got to know Seungho and his friends. We all became close in the short amount of time we had, and time flew as we played around, studied for school, etc etc.

And my feelings for Seungho gradually became more.

Gyuri obviously noticed and started to play her cards. She started leaving me out of our activities, K-ARA started to ignore me expect for a few greetings and conversations with Nicole, rumors were being spread about me, and I was alone again. It hurt even though we both were using each other for benefits. For Gyuri, it was Seungho. For me, it was having a friend.

But things don't always go your way, do they?

Pressure started to build, I was being bullied, and Gyuri and the others didn't do anything about it. I don't think Seugnho even knew...

"YAH! You little ! How dare you use Gyuri to get to Seungho!" One of Seungho's fans sneered, dumping a bucket full of dish water on me. I remained motionless. "YAH! Can you hear me? Huh?! Are you deaf?!"

"HEY! LEAVE HER ALONE!" I gasped when Seungho appeared in front of me, glaring at the girls.

They stuttered before retreating. Seungho turned to me, frowning at me. I stared at me weakly and shocked beyong words.

"You weren't using Gyuri, were you? More like she was using you." He said.

"But I was also using her. I was-" He cut me off. "Using her to have a friend. I know, Eun Mi, I know."

Seungho... if you knew that, then why did you do that to me?

"And I'll always protect you from here on."