Chapter 1: How I Met Them

Seconds

I watched as Gyuri kissed him on the lips. Seungho smiled at her sweetly, but I knew my best friend better than that. She knows I love Seungho, she knew yet here she was, making out with my crush. Right. ing. In. Front. Of. Me. I could hear my heart shattering in pain, and Gyuri flipped her dyed blond hair back and smirked at me.

That backstabbing . I bit my bottom lip, hurt, and I glanced at Seungho who was a bit dazed by the hot make out they just shared. I felt my eyes burn with tears, and Seungho stumbled back in shock. He reached out to me, asking what was wrong, but I slapped his hand away, opening my mouth to scream at Gyuri and Seungho.

"HOW COULD YOU?!" I screeched," YOU KNEW! YOU KNEW HOW I FELT BUT YOU ING BACKSTAB ME! HOW... h-how could you, Gyuri?"

I turned and run away, ignoring Seungho's cry of my name-


Whoa, whoa there! Let's start from the beginning, shall we? My name is Jang Eun Mi, age 21. I've been friends with Park Gyuri since I first met her in high school. Not exactly long, right? Well, Gyuri was a queenka like other girl groups in other schools, and I was the nerd. And he... well... he was a kingka. All the girls fawned over him, basically worshipped the very ground he walked on.

I wasn't techincally one of those girls, but I harbored a small infatuation with him. And by small, I mean, I day-dreamed about dating him everyday once in a while. ANYWAY! Gyuri was one of his close friends, and they were potential boyfriend and girlfriend. I mean, they had a lot in common. Both were mature, polite, and talented individuals.

I loved music as much as them, and I wrote lyrics and fan-girled over every Korean, American, African-American, Japanese artist. However, I wasn't so talented at dancing and singing. I was clumsy, fidgety, and shy. I hated crowds and public speaking. So I can't do anything like that which is why I thought Gyuri and him were out of my league.

I was inferior to them. I thought I didn't deserve to interact with them.

Until that one rainy day when I had forgotten my umbrella... I was just staring out in the openess glumly, my glasses neatly folded in my case. I couldn't see far, but I could feel the biting coldness and the icy wetness. It didn't exactly bother me; in fact, I loved the rain! But it frustrated me that on the most rainiest season I had forgotten my umbrella...

But then, my savior arrived, staring at me curiously. His chocolate brown eyes glancing at me from the corner of his eyes, and I knew he was there. I just wanted to ignore him because if he talked to me, his reputation would be tarnished. I didn't want that. I would feel so guilty if that happened, and it would be my fault.

"Here," he said, shoving his umbrella into my arms. "Use it. I'll just run. See you tomorrow, Jang Eun Mi."

He winked at me before taking off with his bag above his head. Yang Seungho had talked to me, let me use his umbrella, and suffer through the rain because I forgot my umbrella. I looked at his umbrella, and it was the same one he would use everytime it would rain. It was a dark red, enough to cover two people. Determined, I chased after him.

"Wait!" I yelled when he came into view. He turned around and looked me in shock. "W-we'll use the umbrella together! Is that okay with you?"

He blinked before laughing and nodding. We slipped underneath the umbrella awkwardly, and I glanced at him. He just happened to glance at me the very same time. I blushed and looked at my shoes. He chuckled. And we remained that way during the walk home.

The very next day, Gyuri approached me, grinning brightly and blinding me with her pearly whites. I shifted, slightly disturbed at her approaching me.

"Hello, Jang Eun Mi," she said. Why does everyone insist calling me by my full name? "I'm sure you know who I am. Well, in case you don't, I'm Park Gyuri. And we'll be best friends from now on, okay?" She gave me a mock happy face, and I smiled unceraintly back.

...Yeah. Gyuri kind of forced herself on me, but I was naive and friendless back then. Friendless, naive, clumsy, yet extremely intelligent, Jang Eun Mi, that's me.

And this is my story.