chapter 28

Intertwined

 

The days rolled and D-day has come. We were told to sing Love Light, and perhaps as her revenge, Joohyun insisted that we also sing Run Devil Run. It wouldn’t take a genius to know that she did that because of me, not just because it’s the song they’re currently promoting. But only I could tell that still, Joohyun was just acting everything out. Our relationship was actually not doing well.

 

I totally wish I could just ditch Music Bank and run to the music even where we are expected to sing together for the first time. My mind was there already even though my body was still with Sulli and Kwon. And I just wanted time to run fast so I could already go to where my ‘wife’ is.

 

God must have heard me because when I tried to focus on my hosting stint, the next thing I realized was that it was already time to leave.

 

“Kamsahamnida! Sugohaesseoyo!”I bowed to the staffs as I hurried off the stage. Immediately, I headed to the dressing room to change clothes and do some retouches on my make-up before hopping on to the black van waiting for me.

 

As the service started to move, my heart thumped loudly too. It was as if that time when we debuted. So to distract myself, I took my phone out and dialed Joohyun’s number.

 

“Yeoboseyo?”She answered.

 

The camera might not have caught it but I heaved a deep breath before speaking. “Seohyun-ah, Have you practiced with the members?”

 

“Yes. I practiced with Jonghyun-oppa. I think you have to come and practice.”She told me. I heard that she suddenly laughed, but I think it was because of the grinning noises Jonghyun was making in the background. WTF.

 

I smiled, though. I smiled because I was asked by my ‘wife’ to come. I will be coming, of course. There’s no way I wouldn’t. “Okay. I’ll go there as soon as possible.”

 

“Okay. Be safe!”Joohyun said as we hung up.

 

I pulled my music player to listen to the songs we’re gonna perform. I was practicing since I am in charge of the harmonization. When I thought I’d do well already, I pulled out a small plastic from my bag filled with pins and a set of colorful markers with a smirk on my face.

 

“200 and a lot of YS YS YS here and there.” I mentally coached myself as I write on the pin. It’s the first part of the surprise. It’s something small but I hope and I know Joohyun would appreciate that.

 

It wasn’t drizzling anymore when I reached the venue. Since I was already prepped up, I headed directly to CNBlue’s dressing room and found my brothers there. Jonghyun pulled out a small prank on me but it didn’t amuse me at all, so he just walked out of the room to go to the restroom.

 

“Where’s SNSD’s waiting room?”It is the first thing I blurted out.

 

The two maknaes started speaking and all that could register in my mind was that they were next to us. I immediately stood up to go there.

 

Walking to the dressing room felt like the greatest obstacle in my life. As I came closer and closer, my breathing became more and more uneven. It wasn’t such a long distance, but it was the feisty eight sisters’ possible wrath that scared me. I knew they knew about the crazy mildang so as soon as I saw their door, I leaned and heaved a deep sigh.

 

“It’s now or never.”I told myself mentally as I knock and opened the door.

 

“YONG SEOBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!”A shriek pierced through my eardrum. Joohyun immediately stood up in surprise and threw a begging look at Tiffany who did that cry.

 

“Annyeong haseyo.”My mind immediately landed on my wife who was already dressed and prepped up too. She was… too beautiful to describe. y black-themed attired. Her thighs were being hugged by her leather pants. She was wearing heels. O M G.

 

“Seohyun-ah…”I mindlessly said in admiration.

 

I saw Joohyun tense up and loosen at once, “Faster… We have to practice.” She was smiling but there was some sense of urgency in her tone. Her eyes were emotionless though.

 

All of a sudden, another shriek was heard from behind. And this time, there were two girls, Sooyoung and Yoona. That instance, I was pretty much convinced that I should have brought Jungshin and Jonghyun with me.

 

My mind went back to Joohyun’s and I realized that she wanted to practice right then and there, but I had to insist in keeping my pride as a man. Thus, I told her that we should head out to CNBlue’s waiting room because there’s no one there. Thank God she agreed, despite the hesitation.

 

As soon as we’re out in the hall, I saw Joohyun glare at me. If it was for surprise or for whatever, I decided not to know. We just entered our dressing room and as soon as we got inside, Joohyun initiated the practice.

 

What I love most about my ‘wife’ is she’s a very professional artist. She knew how to handle her emotions so well, but sadly, even those concerning me. So in no time, we managed to get our choreo done. She was supposed to lean on me and I was supposed to touch her. It was pushing me to the edge, honestly; but hopefully, things will turn out good.

 

After the practice, Joohyun left the waiting room immediately. As soon as the cameraman left too, I slouched at the chair and cussed, startling my members.

 

“Hyung, tell us your worries so it would leave. It pays to talk.”Minhyuk sat beside me as he gave my hand a soft squeeze.

 

I shook my head. How can I explain that my hormones are acting up because of the skinship with my ‘wife’ who’s still obviously mad at me?

***

 

“CNBlue, it’s time now!”

 

We got our instruments and headed to the main backstage. Joohyun was the first one to be fetched so we were together as we walked towards the stage. There was a small conversation for the sake of broadcasting.

 

As our coordinator noonas were doing last-minute touch-ups on us, I saw Yuri and Tiffany waving at me. It felt so surreal to have those two gorgeous ladies be the first to approach me. I hope Minhyuk didn’t see that though.

 

Joohyun did though and so she decided to step in. I don’t know if the camera caught that anyway. But to avoid issues, I went to where my band is and saw her being encouraged by her sisters. Then she went to find us.

 

If not for the teasing of the two sisters and the presence of the camera, Joohyun wouldn’t have approached me to say good luck. She then lifted her hand for a high-five and I took it with hesitation. Don’t blame me, please. I didn’t know how to react. That’s another skinship. It’s hard to manage.

 

But as our palms touched, I felt something that calmed down the heat in me. I squeezed her hand lightly and could tell she was pulling away so I held it tighter, hoping that the contact would express the words of apology I couldn’t bring myself to say at that moment.

 

She was brought to a small corner by the PD. Before I got up to the stage, I went to her and this time, it was me who asked for a high five; and just to feel the calming effect again, I pulled her close and bumped my shoulder with hers. It was hard for me to pull away, and I think I made that obvious. But I had to.

 

By the way, I wish she noticed that pin I attached on my guitar strap.

***

 

LOVE was our last song before YongSeo’s first performance. As I was singing and nearing the end of the song, it had become very difficult for me to stay in focus. I was constantly looking at where she would be coming from because her silhouette was so ily distracting. I just want to pull her out there and see her once again.

 

And then the door opened, and out came the very gorgeous woman I’ve ever seen.

 

I immediately took my guitar off me and as I jumped from the platform, Joohyun started singing. The rock version of Run Devil Run has begun.

 

It was paradise, even though I know Joohyun was mad at me. She was hesitant when I am looking at her eyes but the moment was so awesome that I just had to disregard her feelings toward me. Such chance is once in a lifetime, and it was because it felt so awesome to flaunt to thousands of people watching us live that I was singing a song with my beautiful ‘wife’. Although it was just a make-believe marriage, I couldn’t help but feel so lucky because the girl singing with me… is mine.

 

However, the perfection of the moment just had to be ruined by the fact that my monitor wasn’t working well. It fell off actually. Run Devil Run required me to do harmonization but that was impossible when I couldn’t hear my own voice amidst the thundering cheers of the crowd.

 

So I had no choice but to do freestyle. Apparently, Joohyun’s monitor was fine so it’s gonna be okay – so long as I don’t miss out a tune.

 

“HEY! HEY! HEY!”I started as she sang the chorus. “You better run, run, run, run, run…” I sang along with the harmonization I planned to do nevertheless.

 

If you’re curious as to how I pulled that fine, here’s my secret: the constant listening to RDR when I am in the bathroom helped A LOT.

 

Love Light came next and I just couldn’t hide the happiness in me. While Joohyun was trying to keep her act together, I was literally grinning already. Poker face was useless so no need for masks either. I enjoyed it, it was all that matters. So I tried to sing my lines with much more meaning.

 

The history of Love Light is no longer a secret. And there is nothing more perfect than the feeling of singing the song I created with the person I wrote it for. It’s every musician’s dream. I did it.

 

As I was singing the chorus, I was looking at my ‘wife’ directly in the eyes. But she would always turn around. That hurt, of course; but she was still mad so I understood. However, as the song approaches its end, things became better and Joohyun began to reciprocate my emotions.

 

The song ended with us, holding each other’s hands. Then as the melody died down, Joohyun breathed out a smile she had never let me see for quite a while. I don’t know what happened but my heart fluttered at once. I didn’t want to ponder on it anymore because the most important thing has happened already: I was already forgiven.

 

Thank you, Seo Joohyun. I love you.


AUTHOR'S NOTE:

If during the salon experience, I realized that Hyun really liked Yong, I have a huge feeling that Yong admitted his love for Joohyun to himself in this part.

I don't know what made me think like that, but that 200th day was one of the highlights of the relationship. ^___^

hehehehehe.

Oh and sorry for the rare updating. I am SOOOOOOOOOO BUSY with work, you can't even imagine. :(