Wake Up Call

Wake Up Call [ONESHOT]

The largest room in the dorm was not exactly awake and alive with activity. No, that phase has already been completed by two of the three residents in that room. Xiumin had already been up for some time. He even made himself and the others breakfast.

Although one plate of delicious omelette was still left untouched.

And that belonged to Kris.

Xiumin kind of suspected that the leader’s dish would get cold, so he placed the breakfast in the microwave and made a note, saying how much time he should warm it up for.

“Chen!” Xiumin called to the younger boy, who walked out of his room dressed and ready to go. “We have lessons. The manager is waiting for us downstairs,” he said in a mixture of Mandarin and Korean. Just as promised, he’s been working hard to get his communication down pack. It was difficult but with the help of the other Chinese members he manages by. Soon, hopefully, he and Jongdae won’t need a translator to tag along everywhere they go.

The two Koreans left the dorm, leaving only Lu Han, Lay, Tao, and the sleeping giant, Kris.

Currently the left over trio was deciding who should be the one to wake up their terrifying, totally-not-a-morning-person leader.

They each needed something from him but they were all too afraid to go in and ask.

Kris was, without a doubt, the laziest person in the morning. When he did manage to get up, he would be extremely cranky. Even Lu Han, the second biggest sloth in the group, got up hours before him.

Lu Han needed Kris to work on their script for a television broadcast that would be filming later this week.

Lay needed Kris to work on synchronizing choreography for a different station that would also be in the process of filming during the week.

Tao needed Kris to accompany him to go shopping. Bijan was having a once in a lifetime sale and he seriously didn’t want to miss it.

They held a mini rock-paper-scissors tournament to decide who would wake him.

“Shoot!” they yelled. Lay and Tao both flashed a paper but Lu Han only held a rock.

“Ah, crap,” he groaned. The baby-faced vocalist sauntered towards his shared room with Kris and Xiumin and cautiously opened the door. “Kris?” Lu Han whispered. No answer.

“Hurry up, ge!” Lay called from the living room. Lu Han glared at the dancer before entering the room.

“Wu Fan,” Lu Han continued, louder this time. Now, he was met with shuffling under the covers. He heard Kris mumble something in Cantonese, a language he didn’t understand well. “Kris!”

More stirring, an English swear word, but still no real results.

Lu Han reached over and shook Kris by the shoulder and blew on his ear, hoping to get some sort of reaction. A fist came flying out towards his face and nearly socked his jaw off.

“JESUS CHRIST!” Lu Han shrieked, scrambling backwards and out of the room.

Lay and Tao didn’t look entirely surprised when their da ge came running back into the room with a flushed face. They heard the screams. They know what happened.

“How’d it go?” Lay asked, blinking his smiley eyes.

“I can’t do this. One of you go in. I’ll just wait until later to talk to him.” Lu Han mumbled, storming into the kitchen to pour himself some orange juice.

The two remaining boys looked at each other. They held their fists ready, “rock, paper, scissors, shoot!”

Tao came out on top when his rock devastatingly crushed Lay’s lame little scissors. “Yes!” The young boy cheered.

Lay got up reluctantly and walked hesitantly into Kris’s room. “Wu Fan-ge? Time to wake up!”

“Bite me,” he snarled in English. Lay heard it enough times from the leader to know what he was saying.

“But we have to get to work,” whined Lay. He jumped onto the bed and attempted to rip the duvet off.

“A few more minutes,” Kris shot back.

“No,” Lay said firmly. A large foot shot out of the covers and connected with his chest, successfully knocking Lay off the bed and onto the floor.

“Aiya! You’re impossible!” he hollered before stomping out of the room.

Tao was nowhere to be seen in the living room when Lay stepped out. Questioning his whereabouts, Lu Han reported that he went into Lay’s room that he shared with Chen.

Just then, the tall wushu artist walked out with one of Chen’s Rilakkuma teddy bears that he hid under his bed during the day. The young Korean boy would never admit to it, but he loved those things. They went everywhere with him, even when they flew out from their dorms for only a day.

 Lay and Lu Han looked at Tao questioningly, but the maknae held up his hand as if to say “I got this” and he walked into his leader’s room.

“Gege,” Tao’s soft voice drifted around the walls. Kris cracked an eye open to see his youngest member bend down to become level with him.

“What?” he asked, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

“I want to go shopping,” Tao said.

“Then go,” Kris mumbled back, laying his head back down into the pillow.

“No, you must come with me.” The younger one demanded firmly.

“Take Lu Han or Yixing.”

“NO! You must come with me!” Tao whined.

“I refuse.”

“Bijan’s having a sale!”

“All the reason to go there now.”

“I don’t want to go alone.”

“You won’t be alone if you take Lu Han or Yixing.”

“It’s not the same! Please, gege?” Tao looked at Kris with the biggest watery doe-eyed face he could manage, all the while hugging the teddy bear to his chest.

Kris sighed in defeat. “Dammit. Fine, just give me a minute.” He said, sitting up.

“Yay!” Tao cheered, pecking his leader on the cheek and running out of the room.

“He’s going to kill me one day,” Kris groaned.

Lu Han and Lay stared in surprise as Tao saunters triumphantly back into the kitchen with a big grin on his face. Just as they were about to ask what happened, Kris walked out of the bedroom and into the bathroom, garnering even more shocked looks from them.

“W-what did you do?” Lay spluttered.

Tao leaned back in his chair, teddy bear still in his arms and said, “nothing. We just had a little chat.” 


Oh yeah, and Kris also said in the interview that Tao's aegyo worked on him.

Tao's a spoiled little bastard.