Bus Stop

Bus Stop

June 1, 2011

There was a ringing in his ears that irritates him to the fullest, and it just kills him inside. He smacks his head, once, twice, and thrice (the fourth time he felt like it would bruise so he stopped). Nothing worked (obviously), so he thought giving up on it wasn’t such a bad idea.


June 2, 2011

The heat wave wasn’t supposed to end till Tuesday, and everybody hated it. Not him, he loved the sun. He loved the way it kissed his skin and turned it a wee bit tanner than usual. He smiled when it did that. It was warming and relaxing and soothing all at the same time.


June 5, 2011

“Damn, it’s hot,” his tall friend said, and he just chuckled. “That’s because you’re all sweaty, loser,” Sure, he likes the heat, but there was no way he was sweating like the one beside him. “Why don’t you play next time? It’s fun, I tell you,” he simply shakes his head in disagreement and his friend shrugs. “I’m not really a sporty kind of guy,” and his friend agrees.


June 7, 2011

He was standing beside the bus stop, giddy because of the healthy morning warmth touching his skin like a summer bath. A girl (or at least he thought it was a girl. Honestly, he wasn’t that sure) was running, earphones in tact as she struggled to look for something in her bag. He was far from being like that, he was organized (more like neat freak as his friends did state). “Hey, I think you dropped this,” he hands her a roller brush. “Oh, thanks,” their hands touch for a split second and he think he sort of felt electricity run through his arm. (Nah, no way. It can’t be). He didn’t really expect they would be sitting beside each other the entire trip, nor would they have the same stop.


June 10, 2011

There she was again, at the same bus stop. This time, he thinks, she must’ve gotten up rather early. She was sleeping on the waiting bench, her head leaning against the back of it. The sun was hitting her face perfectly (and at some point she looked kind of like an angel). He smiles to himself and walks up to sit beside her, maintaining enough amount of distance as to not look weirded out by her nor to look like he was molesting her or something. She shifts as his book hits the bench rather loud (Nice going, you idiot), and he prays she doesn’t wake up. She doesn’t but rather leans her head on his broad shoulder. He sits in silence and waits for the bus (and wakes her up when it finally came). She smiles up at him, he freezes. (What the hell is wrong with me?)


June 13, 2011

“What is up with you these days? You look dazed or something,” his friend asked, eating a big cup of cherry flavored shaved ice. “Nothing, Dino. I was just thinking about something,” He was thinking about her, actually. And why she acted as if nothing happened. As if she didn’t lean her head on his shoulder. As if she didn’t wake up and smiled at him. As if it was just normal. (You don’t even know her name, stupid). “Is she pretty?” he furrows his eyebrows, “I’m not really sure as of now,” and his friend laughs out loud. He raises an eyebrow and snaps at him, “Why are you laughing, weirdo?” and his friend laughs some more. “I was just kidding about the girl thing. Looks like I was right,” and his friend keeps on laughing, but he scoffed and didn’t care anymore. Whatever. His mind was already boggled, he didn’t need any more problems.


June 17, 2011

“Looks like it’s you again. Hi, my name’s Amber,” she holds out a hand and he stares at it for a while (FINALLY! A name!) before, “It’s okay, I won’t bite,” and she giggles a little bit. He looks stupid, he thinks, so he regained his composure and took her hand in his (there’s goes the electricity again). “Key,” he simply says. “Thank you, by the way, for the other day. The bench really wasn’t such a comfortable pillow,” and she scratches the back of her head awkwardly (in secret, he found it cute). “No worries,” and he tries to give her a smile, but ends up being captivated by hers instead.


June 20, 2011

With a deep breath and a sigh, he sees her yet again at the same stop. He’s got that dreamy look in his eyes but he abruptly shakes his head (Since when did I get so corny?). “So she’s the one Jonghyun told me about,” he snaps his head to the left and sees his friend standing beside him as his friend merely gives back an eye smile. “Jonghyun knows her?” he asked, blood suddenly boiling (as to the reason why, he doesn’t even know). “No, but he did say you liked somebody. I’m guessing that must be her, right?” his friend nods over to the girl’s direction, and Key just turns from him to her. “Hyung, since when did Jonghyun actually tell the truth?” he chuckles (too nervous for his own liking). “I think this time, he finally did,” and his friend smirks to himself. “I’ll go grab some chicken first and take the next bus. I don’t want your trip with her to be awkward,” and before Key could even open his mouth to answer, his friend has already sprinted away to the nearest chicken joint.


June 22, 2011

He was listening to some Japanese song that had a rainbow-summer feel to its beat when she suddenly speaks. “So Key, where exactly do you go to everyday again? I mean, we get on and off at the same stop, but I never seemed to know where you head to,” and she looks him in the eyes (Darn it, she didn’t sit this close to me before). “I go off at—” he suddenly forgets what he’s supposed to say when he sees her eyes shimmer under perfect lashes. She shrugs when she doesn’t get an answer and starts speaking again. “You know, you’re kind of feminine. With the way you dress and all,” she says in a matter-of-factly tone and it kind of stings. (What the hell? How dare she speak to THE Kim Kibum like that? Who does she think she is? What about her then? She isn’t exactly the girliest of all girls). “Excuse me, but—”, she shifts a little closer to him, “I like that about you,” and he forgets what he was supposed to say yet again.


June 26, 2011

“Want some?” she asks, holding out her soft ice cream at him, lips all white. “Uh, no thanks, but you got a little…” he was supposed to wipe the ice cream on her lips with a piece of tissue, but her tongue beat him to it and her lips slowly as tried to remove them. “All gone?” he just nodded his head slowly, afraid that his voice might squeak if he answers (as his mind was imagining if he was the one who the ice cream away). And he felt a little hotter than usual. (Hot Amber. A hot, hot Amber).


June 29, 2011

“Hyung, you like her. Why don’t you just go tell her?” he turns to the younger boy beside him who was walking like he had his own beat inside his head. “How can you like someone over a bus stop?” the younger boy laughs and shifts his dancer feet, walking backwards in front of him. “Yeah, a bus stop where you meet every day, a bus where you sit beside each other and a bench where you wait for the day to begin and end. Not to mention everything that happened which you told me. If you don’t like her, hyung, then I don’t understand what liking someone means,” He gives a low chuckle and shakes his head. It always amazed him how the younger boy could get a girlfriend earlier than he did. “What if it’s just for now? You know summers and summer short-lived romances and summer flings and—” the boy puts a hand on his shoulder and they stop walking. “With you like that? I’m pretty sure it isn’t. I mean, since when did you become this nice to a complete stranger?” he doesn’t feel insulted but touched instead. He knew him too well.


June 30, 2011

He realizes that the ringing in his ears 29 days ago wasn’t exactly ringing. Rather, it was his heart slowly alarming him that it needed a reason for it to beat. He slams his head on his desk. (I’m insane. I’m insane. I’m insane. I’m not like this! I don’t get distracted with girls. I like fashion and winning and being right all the time. Damn it, I’m arrogant diva-like Kim Kibum. I’m not like this). But then again, she wasn’t really the girliest of all girls, as he did state. She was definitely different.


July 1, 2011

Maybe it was the way she flipped the bangs out of her eyes, or the way she gave him a toothy smile. Or probably the way she held her hand to when she laughed, or how she was messy and jumpy and hyper and the complete opposite of him and… it hits him. (Oh , I’m freakin’ in love with her).


July 4, 2011

“Amber, I—” she cuts him off again, (and he’s kind of getting used to it) but this time it’s different. Her lips were soft against his, eager and waiting for a response to which he eventually did (Well, that sure surprised him). “I like you, okay? And if you’re not going to make a move, I am,” she pouts at him in the cutest way and he laughs it off (he never expected she would beat him to it). Her hands fit perfectly in his and he moves closer, a drop falling upon his cheek. “I love you,” he whispers in sweet English and she’s surprised the he knows she can understand it. He kisses her the second time, and the summer rain started to pour (but neither had a care in the world).


July 9, 2011

For about an hour or so (honestly, he didn’t bother to watch the time anymore), he’d been lying down on his bed staring up at the white ceiling on his bedroom. He smiled and pulled the pillow over his face (he still couldn’t get over something that happened 5 days ago). With a brisk walk to their usual stop, he saw her again. She sensed that he was already there, so her smile beamed and she raised her hand to wave at him excitedly. (God, Kibum, you’re one lucky idiot). “Morning,” and he pecked her already blushing cheek. “You too,” he takes her hand in his and they stand waiting.


July 11, 2011

“I don’t like too much heat, Key. I like the summer, but something about it just… scares me,” she says one day, and he gets confused. He knew though, that something was going to happen (and it wasn’t anything good).


July 15, 2011

Sometimes, he hated it when he was right. Anyone who knew Key would know that he liked, no scratch that, LOVED being right all the time. But sometimes, being right wasn't all that good. It’s been 4 days since they last met on the stop. He didn’t exactly know what had happened. But after he received a text saying I was there and you weren’t. What’s wrong? he knew he did something wrong. The next day, he tried making up for it. That time around though, she was the one who wasn’t there. After a text of I was there today. You were the one who wasn’t this time he knew there was no chance of seeing her ever again. So there he was, walking slowly to their usual stop and stops on his tracks when he finds no one. The bench was empty, save for a piece of paper. I’m guessing you don’t want to see me anymore, so I’ve taken on a different route. You should try taking a new one too. Happy summer, Kibum. –Amber and he let a single tear fall on the exact spot of her name (he knew the route didn’t mean the bus).


July 17, 2011

What did he do wrong? Okay, so maybe she didn’t like the summer warmth as much as he did. Okay, so maybe she liked the cold better. Okay, so they weren’t exactly puzzle pieces that fit perfectly. Why did it matter? She was boyish, he was feminine. She liked sports, he liked fashion. She liked skinny jeans and baggy shirts; he liked leather pants and tight fitting tops. What’s wrong with that? (And what’s wrong with me?).


July 20, 2011

“Why did I ing let her go?”


July 25, 2011

He wallows in self pity as his friends call out to him and say, “Come on, Kibum. The weather’s perfect! Don’t you love the summer sun?” he shakes his head and continues to stare at the ceiling. “It’s anything but perfect, ,” he doesn’t say it loud enough for them to hear because he was actually telling it to himself.


July 27, 2011

The three steps in front of him were tempting, but he didn’t want to do anything. He didn’t want to feel that warmth again. He didn’t want to feel great again. He wanted anything but that because, “How could I let someone like her go?” but his feet move to their own accord and he was down the front door in an instant. He looked up and saw his best friend, big and yellow and staring down at him. “You missed me, didn’t you?” he thought he looked like an idiot for talking to something like the sun, but he didn’t care anymore. He walked and walked and walked to where his feet would take him (the warmth enveloping him in a giant hug). He smiled for the first time after god knows how long, and he felt alive again. Sure, a part of him was still missing (I still don’t have her) but he settled for this temporary happiness at the moment.


July 29, 2011

He couldn’t move from the spot he was standing because she was there, at the stop (their stop) waiting for a bus to come, frantically moving about. She seemed to be looking for an umbrella, but he noticed that she already gave up when she closed her bag shut and angrily threw it on the bench. It’s like it was natural for him (and god, he wished it wasn’t) but he couldn’t stop himself from, “Amber,” and she turns her head to his direction. “Key,” and he missed the way she called him like that (his name on her lips was hypnotizing). They stood there, staring into each other’s eyes, soaked completely in summer rain. They were both breathing heavily, and no one seemed to move. He didn’t know if she was crying because the raindrops were masking her tears, but he knew damn well that he was. “I’m sorry,” he managed to say and she answers with, “Yeah. Me too,” and with a deep breath she ran. She grabbed her bag and ran so fast that he couldn’t even move an inch to go after her.


July 30, 2011

It was the last day the rays were going to be like they were (because after that day, it was going to be August and a new season was going to kick in). He spent the whole day out, starting with an early morning jog to which Minho accompanied him in, not without, “I thought you hated sweating,” and he answers with, “I’ll take my chances,”. For lunch, he treats Onew to his favorite chicken joint and after Taemin’s dance practice, he treats him to sundaes and shaved ice and soft ice cream and any sweet thing he could possibly imagine before going on a sugar rush. Jonghyun, he takes to the beach and they compete on surfing (he always wins, laughing every time Jonghyun falls on his surf board and fails). By 5 o’ clock, he stops and stares at the sign, the bench, the street (everything) that reminded him of… her, and how she met him quite some time ago, under the summer sun. He sighs deeply and smiles weakly. (I guess I really have to take on a new route). And he regrets not chasing after her the day before.


December 24, 2011

He was wrapped in a rather thick jacket with a red scarf around his neck, snow falling on top of his head. He sits on an all too familiar bench and waited for an all too familiar bus that had the number 143 written in big white bold on its front. He sees an all too familiar figure walking towards the stop, and a roller brush falls and the scene feels so much like Déjàvu. He picks up the brush and says, “I think you dropped this,” and the girl answers with an all too familiar voice, “Oh, thanks,” and they look at each other (like they did so many months ago). “I thought you already took a different route,” he says rather coldly and mentally slaps himself for doing that. “I thought you did too,” and he didn’t expect that she would turn his sentence back at him. And they knew it was going to happen anyway, so he wrapped his arms around her waist as she does the same around his neck and equal amounts of need was shown, constant sentences like I missed you and Don’t ever leave again and I love you were mentioned between kisses before they finally broke free for air. He rests his forehead against hers and laughs (she does the same). “I thought I only lasted until summer was over,” she says with a tone of hurt and his heart breaks inside his chest. “You were never temporary, Amber. What made you think that?” she feels a tear stroll down her cheeks. “When you didn’t come,” and his heart breaks a little more. He kisses her tenderly and apologetically (almost painfully), that she kept crying because so much emotion was put to it. He kissed away her tears and whispered, “I’ll love you till forever ends,” before intertwining their hands together. “Did I mention, I loved the snow?” and he smiles and answers with, “Yup. You love it as much as I love sun,” and they knew what they had was till forever.