Her Boyfriend- Minhyun

The Sky of Love - HIATUS

 

 

It’s bright and warm as always; the sky that is.

 

Ren’s days at school had always been rotating the same routines. Go to school with Baekho in the morning, sit in class while teachers teach (he doesn’t really listen to it), skips physic class (if there’s any), eat melon bread for lunch, and walks back home with Baekho.

 

But for these past few days , Ren had included another new activity in his routine; watching IU.

 He just realized that IU is a girl from next class and she has been quite popular in that school. Even teachers seem to favor her. She has a friendly and easy personality which gained her many friends. IU always come to school walking (like most of the students there) with another girl who Ren always saw her being next to IU. That girl with black shoulder length hair, a bit taller than IU, with cat eyed and dimpled smile, Ren assumed that she’s a good friend of IU.

 

Since that day when they first met, they haven’t spoken anything to each other yet. They did encounter each other in the school’s ground since it’s a small school with 4 classes of low grade and 3 classes of high grade only. But whenever they met, IU would greet Ren and Ren would just bow a bit, smiled and walked away. It’s because IU was always crowded with friends and Ren isn’t comfortable with crowds. Ren really hates himself for being like that. Trying to let out the heavy burden in his heart, Ren sighed.

“Ren?” Baekho seems to hear Ren sighed. Ren come back to his sense, realized that he’s in the classroom and it’s already lunch time.

“Why? Is there anything wrong?” Baekho asked again.

“No… not really” Ren was still looking at the sky when he said that. Ren’s seat in class is at the in front but near to the window and Baekho is Ren’s desk mate, as he always is; since they were in the primary school.  

 

Baekho only stared at Ren who’s still looking at the sky trough the classroom window with a smile. Ren is always like that. He’s special. Baekho told his friends or family if they asked him about Ren. Ren is not the same as others. He perceived things differently from normal people and think differently. But since he never tells whatever in his mind, no one understands him, including Baekho. Ren might be quiet and unsociable but Baekho loves Ren’s smile the most. Ren only smiles occasionally and Baekho doesn’t want to miss a single smile of Ren, so he decided to stay close to Ren… always. But as he become Ren’s close friend, he started to like almost everything about Ren, the way Ren sit, the way Ren speaks, the way Ren stare, or even Ren’s silence, making Baekho wish to possess every part of Ren. It has been spreading like a disease on Baekho, those yearnings.   

 

Suddenly, Ren and Baekho felt arms wrapped around their necks and tugged them towards each other.

“Ren, Baekho, do you miss me?” Minhyun placed himself between Ren and Baekho and grinned. As he do so, a few girls squeal. Minhyun is Baekho’s cousin and has been known as the school’s prince because of his good looks and incredible height. He’s always become the centre of attention, especially for girls.

“Yah, Minhyun… what do you want?” Baekho is irritated and he tried to take off Minhyun’s arm around him. But Minhyun locked his arm around Baekho tighter making Baekho’s attempt futile.      

“Seriously, why are you so cold towards me? Ha? Baekho? Did I ever snatch your girlfriend? I never did, right?” Minhyun paused for a moment and then, laughed. “I forgot that you never did have a girlfriend”

“YAH!”  Baekho was half screaming but Minhyun quickly let his arm loose from Baekho and wrapped both arms on Ren.

“Ren-ah, don’t you miss me when I was absent?”  Minhyun asked Ren cheekily. Baekho was protesting that Minhyun hugged Ren so closely but Minhyun ignored him.

“Hmm?” Ren replied with a question tone as he titled his head to the back a bit, trying to look at Minhyun.

“Yah! Don’t tell me that you didn’t realize that I was absent from school for THREE days.” Minhyun looked at Ren in disbelief but Ren was still staring at him with his poker face. Baekho laughed hard at how absurd it is. “Aish… you… “ Minhyun can’t finished his sentence. He let go of Ren and ruffled his brown hair in frustrated. Again, girls squeal.

 

Ren took out his melon bun and eat it, ignoring Minhyun who was trying to talk to Ren more. It’s lunch, I have to eat. Ren thought. While Baekho was busy making fun of his cousin and Minhyun was defending himself, Ren realized that other boys in the class were all looking back to the back door of the class and someof them smiling, some blushed. Curious, Ren turned back.

 

 He saw IU was at the doorway, holding a lunch box wrapped in a orange flowery napkin with her usual friend. Ren eyes met IU’s. Suddenly, IU’s face became brighter and she walked into the class, towards Ren. At that moment, Ren felt his heart shrunk and beat faster as he saw IU coming towards him. His heart almost stopped when IU stand right in front of him with a bright smile.

“Good afternoon, Ren” she greeted Ren.  

Ren can’t even move or blink, let alone speak. When he finally gathers his guts to reply, IU spoke again but this time to another person.

“Minhyun oppa”

“Ah… IU, you are here already?” Minhyun smiled and IU nodded.

“I’ve brought you lunch” she showed her lunch box to Minhyun with a very happy expression.

“I see. Let’s go then.” Minhyun walked towards IU and he held one of IU’s shoulders. "I'll be going first" he told Ren and Baekho before he walked away with IU. IU bowed a bit to Ren and Baekho before leaving with Minhyun.

Ren was dumbfounded. 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry it took me so long to do this short update........(_ _) *bows*

It's alredy 3 am right now and I have to wake up at 7am tomorrow (or maybe today?)

Hope you enjoy this

I'll try to update faster next time

Please leave some comments too

critiques are fine too (^____^)b

 

> Good night