Where's my Privacy?

Don't Run Away.

“YAH…! You want me to become deaf or what?”

I sure wanted to make you deaf…. I wanted to say that, but apologized instead.

“Sorry… I got surprised. Anyways, what are you doing here?!”

“Hum. I have some questions concerning today’s lesson.”

Questions kept piling up on top of my head. “How does he know my place?” “Why would he come here?” “Did he suddenly have interest in English?” I couldn’t read his mind.

I was pretty harsh on him on the first time, but he had to understand that he couldn’t just come to a teacher’s house. Plus, I needed my private time. Why didn’t he ask them in class or next time instead? I wasn’t in a good mood. On the same day, he came back twice more. What was that?!

Every single day he wouldn’t let me off. There wasn’t a time that he didn’t come to ask me a question whether or not it was relevant. At the same time I was astonished about his different daily outfit just like a fashion show. It also angered me that a guy like him had a bigger wardrobe than me… And there he came with his interrogation papers at the exact expected time.

“Hey seonsaengnim, I’ve got this….”

“Yes I know. Just tell me already.” I cut him so I could rush back to bed sooner.

“This time it is a really long one and some are from the other members. Can you please take some few minutes to explain?”

“Neh, I’ll just take my bag and come out.”

“Actually, can I just come in?” he smiled innocently.

I was caught off guard. I stared at him to see if he was just kidding but it looked like he meant it. I didn’t have the power to refuse his request and let him in. It was so awkward sitting in front of him at my house. My apartment was a disaster. It didn’t occur to me that I haven’t done this week’s cleaning. Before I realized it, it was already too late. He entered the room and stared at all the things on the floor and on the table. I could see that he was surprised.

I let out a sigh and told him to sit down. I pushed all the books and magazines from the dining table aka my worktable to the opposite side of where he was. I tried cleaning a bit while he was taking a seat and brought back a glass of water.

“So now, what are the long questions that you were saying?”

“Oh. Here, I wrote it down. By the way, is your house always this messy?” He mocked at me.

I turned red of embarrassment. Why did he have to mention that? I denied his question and wanted to continue with the questionnaire. The faster I answer them, the faster I could send him off. It wasn’t going as I thought. He would always interrupt me and ask me random questions about my life and home.

“Did you come here to ask me about my life or for English?? Get back to your senses.” I bursted.

He stood still and stopped talking. We looked straight at each other. Mumbled words were coming out of his mouth.

“About English, of course...!” he finally added.

“Sure…”

“You’re really not outgoing”

“I am but not with students that comes to disturb my privacy”

“… What is wrong with asking questions about you?”

“Nothing. Ask them in English and I’ll answer them, if not forget it”

Like that, I wrote down the explications on his paper with the slightest detail so he wouldn’t have to ask stupid little questions about it. I kept going and handed it to him after a minute. I couldn’t wait to bid him farewell and jumped on my bed, moving my limbs everywhere, annoyed.

“아이씨. 이 자식이..” (Aish. You little..)

 


It's been so long since I've updated this story.. I'm so sorry subscribers ㅠㅠ

School is keeping me away from typing. I lost my inspiration at some point. I had some chapters written but I didn't want to post something crappy.

I'll post the next chapter really soon I promise!