Aftermath

Falling for Someone else
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chap Twenty Four

 

“Sehun!” Kai called out loudly as he burst through the front door, a worried and frantic force fuelling his actions. Something bad had happened to the sixteen year old, Kai was sure of it; with an uncomfortable churning feeling in his guts. Why else would Sehun call for the elder brother and tell him that he was scared? With quick footsteps, Kai ran into every single room, keeping his eyes alert for any sign of the boy.

 

Kitchen, lounge, dining room, study room, living room and washrooms.

There wasn’t any sign of him at all, but to make things worse, there were signs of a recent fight.

Some furniture in the living room were displaced and overturned violently, like a hurricane had passed by.   

 

And there wasn’t any reply from Sehun to Kai’s calling either. Oh hell, don’t scare me! Kai clambered up the stairs towards the boy’s bedroom, nearly falling in the process as his foot got caught by the last step. “Sehun!” He cried out the moment he slammed the door wide open, but there wasn’t anyone to his dismay.

 

, where are you? I’m really worried now! Kai kicked the bedroom walls in frustration, venting his panicked anger as he almost started screaming. What kind of brother are you, didn’t you promise Sehun that you’ll protect him? You deserve to die Jongin, just go and ing die! He’s suddenly missing and you-      

 

But then, a thought struck him. Why didn’t I think about that earlier?

My room! I hadn’t checked my bedroom yet!

 

Kai moved over to his room, hoping with all his might that Sehun would be in there.

“Sehun, are you here?” The twenty one year old asked, with a subtle desperation in his voice.

 

“…Jongin?” Came a soft and timid reply after a short moment of silence.

“Yes, I’m here Sehun, I’m here.” The elder assured gently as he scanned the surroundings.

 Kai then paused at the slight and barely noticeable lump on his bed; the unlit room was hindering his vision.

 

“Are you on my bed?” Kai asked, a sigh of relief leaving him as Sehun’s head slowly appeared from the covers.

The elder brother then went over to the bed, slipping his body under the duvets as Sehun instantly snuggled closer to him.

 

“Lil bro?” Kai questioned softly while he went to hug the boy around his waist. And suddenly, a small whimper of pain escaped Sehun; jolting Kai with shock as he quickly pulled his arms away. “Sehun, are your hurt anywhere? Ah , what am I asking? Of course you are hurt!” The elder furrowed his eyebrows worriedly before trying to move away from Sehun to get the first-aid kit kept in his room. However, Kai was stopped by a hand tightly gripping around his right arm.

 

“Don’t go, Jongin….” Sehun mumbled down-castedly, pressing himself closer to Kai for comfort. “I’m scared… he might still be here!” The boy stated with a shiver as his hands fisted at the fabric of the elder brother’s shirt. Kai frowned at the way Sehun was behaving as he hugged and caressed the boy with an extreme gentleness, like he was afraid that Sehun could break into a fragile million pieces. What had happened to him when I wasn’t at home? “Why were you hiding just now? And about ‘he’, who exactly is he?”

 

“He was trying to-to find me-” Sehun choked up slightly. “-I ran away from him and he-…he wanted to-”  

“Relax Sehun, speak slowly.” Kai soothed sof

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter