I

Love Has Its Torns

Knock Knock

“Miss, it’s time to get up. Breakfast is served.” A maid said through the door.

You groaned from under your sheets. *Another day of struggle… but today’s a special day.*. You smiled lightly and got up from your king sized bed.

You looked at the calendar that was fixed next to your bed. A red circle marked today’s day.

14th February, Valentine’s Day.

*It’s today, Lee ______! Aja! Aja! Hwaiting!*. You pumped your fist in the air. You went to your bathroom and did the normal morning routine.

You went downstairs and no one was home, except the maids. *Typical.*.

Your parents were never home. You even doubted that they remembered that you exist.

You sighed and ate breakfast, alone.

“Miss.” An old butler called.

“Good morning, Hoshi. And didn’t I tell to call me by my name?” You smiled warmly. You’ve known Hoshi since you were a baby. He’s the closest person you have similar to a father figure. He smiled back.

“Good morning, Mi-… _______-ah. Here’s your backpack.” You smiled. He handed it to you with a light bow.

“Thank you!” You put in on and made your way to your limousine. “See you later!” You waved from the window. Hoshi smiled and waved back.

You arrived at your school and, as always, everyone avoided you. You didn’t mind, though. Besides already being used to it, you had the three best friends anyone could ask for, and that was enough for you.

Because of a certain persons “order”, you were ignored by everyone. You frowned at the thought.

“_________!” You saw your two best friends, Sulli and Minzy, waving frantically and running towards you. You chuckled. They could be so silly sometimes.

“Hey!” They hugged you tightly.

“Hi… can’t…breathe…” They let you go, laughing. You narrowed your eyes and pouted.

“Sorry, sorry.” They put their tongues out. You giggled.

You looked around for a few seconds.

“Where’s Zico?” They shrugged.

“…Right here.” Someone whispered in your ear. You jumped and spun around.

Zico was standing with his arms crossed and smirking widely, although a slight frown was noticeable.

“Geez! Don’t scare me like that!” You slapped his arm lightly.

“Ok, ok. Sorry. And how many times did I tell you to call me Oppa?” He smiled (which was rare). *He must be happy about something.*

“Many times, but to put it honestly, you have the mentality of a kid, so…” You shrugged.

“Yah!” He flicked your forehead lightly. You flinched.

“Aish, Zico!” He ruffled your hair. You blushed and coughed to cover it up.

“Let’s go, let’s go!” Minzy pulled your arm.

“Meet you at the usual place?” Zico shouted.

“Yeah! See you at later!” You waved.

You and Zico had a special place since you entered this school. Only you and Zico knew about it.

“When are you going to tell us about this magical ‘usual place’?” Sulli frowned lightly.

“Never!” You ran sticking your tongue out. You weren’t looking ahead, so you accidentally bumped into someone, causing you to drop your backpack. *Crap!*

You were expecting that whoever it was to ignore you or to complain, but the person picked up your backpack before you could reach for it.

“Here.” A deep voice said. You looked up and saw a handsome boy with a cap. You grabbed it and bowed immediately.

“I’m so sorry. I wasn’t looking were I was going. I’m so-”

“It’s ok.” You looked up only to find the boy’s face a few inches away from yours. He was smiling lightly and you felt lost in his deep brown eyes. You jumped back and slapped yourself mentally.

*Stop it, ______! You already like someone!*

“_______, are you ok?” Sulli and Minzy ran to you. The boy was already leaving, so you couldn’t apologize again.

“Yeah, I-” You were interrupted by their squeal.

“Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God!” They squealed. You didn’t understand what the heck was going on.

“What’s wrong?” You furrowed your eyebrows. They looked at you as if you were crazy.

“‘What’s wrong?’?!” Sulli shrieked.

“You just talked to the captain of the basketball team, Cha Sun Woo, aka. Baro!” Minzy shook you. You were even more confused.

“So?” They face palmed.

“Geez girl! Where have you been living?” Minzy sighed.

“Zicoland.” Sulli snickered.

“Yah! Don’t say that out loud!” You blushed. “And so what if Baro is the captain?”

“Aish!” Minzy ruffled her own hair. Sulli sighed.

“He’s one of the Kingkas of the school. And it’s Oppa for you.”

“I thought Zico was the only Kingka… and he’s older? What is he doing in our building?”

“God… You’ve really only been on Zicoland.”  Minzy shook her head.

“Hey!” You pinched her arm. Sulli laughed.

“The gym is on this building, remember, air head?”

“Oh… right.”

“You’re so lucky!” Sulli put her hands together, with a dreamy look. You chuckled and shrugged.

The bell rang and you went to class.

You tried to pay attention, but you were nervous, and deep down you couldn’t forget that senior.

Luckily, class went by fast. You picked your backpack up and made your way to the ‘magical usual place’.

“See you soon, guys. Wish me luck!” You waved. They waved back.

“… Is she going to be ok?” Sulli was anxious.

“Don’t worry. If anything goes wrong, she has us, right?” Minzy patted her back.

Meanwhile, you were on your way to the back of the building.

You bumped into someone again. *Aargh! What now?*.

“Yah! Lee ______! Look where you’re going!” You looked up to see Gyuri, the Queenka, and the person that made your life miserable, along with her clones.

“Sorry.” You mumbled.

She grabbed your hair and you flinched.

“Look out, Lee ______. Or I’ll make your life a living hell.” She stormed off. *It already is.*. You brushed your clothes and sighed. She bullied you, but no one knew. You pleaded to keep it a secret. In return, you were ignored by everyone.

 After you got to the back of the building, you went through a passageway only you and Zico knew that led to a garden. You sat on one of the stone benches.

You took out an envelope from your backpack and waited for Zico to arrive.

After a few minutes you started fidgeting your fingers. *What’s taking him so long?*

“Sorry for the wait!” Zico approached you and you quickly hid the envelope behind your back.

“I have something to tell you!” You both said at the same time.

“You first.” You both said again.

“Ok. I’m going to confess to someone!” You two said.


So... how was it guys?

I know it's kind of boring right now, but the next chapters are better I promise!^^

Please, comment and subscribe! :D

- Hambarorojjang :)