1/2

Ice Rink

 

 Key watched as the little kids in the sharp ice skates slide around on the slick cold ice. Key actually liked working at the ice rinks concession stand. He got free food and he got to watch little kids fall down all day . Don't get him wrong he isn't a sadist, he just finds it amusing when they fall and try to get up and try to not act embarrassed. The bad part about this job is that he always has to close.

 

His uncle owns the ice rink, so instead of hiring a night worker, key was the lucky chosen one because he loved his uncle and he is just a nice person. Key glanced at the clock on the bright blue wall on top of the sixteen foot ceiling. “10:57 PM” Key sighed at the time resting his head on his folded hands. They close at eleven o'clock. But they technically can't close till every person has left. And right now there was a young couple skating in figurates together. Key almost gagged at the sweet site. He wish they would just leave so he could go home.

 

As he was thinking about all the semi nice ways to ask the couple to leave with out punching them in the face when Carlos (the maintenance guy and the only other employee at the rink) walked by “See ya later Key, I tried to pick up as much as I could. You sure your okay to close up?” The concerned stumpy man asked as he walked past the concession stand. Key gave a smile and nodded his head “Yeah, no problem, just waiting for these people to leave.” He said with an eye roll, earning a laugh from Carlos. “I'll turn off the lights on the east side on my way out, so maybe they'll get the point” Carlos says with a wink and continues on his way out the front doors. “Thanks!” Key calls out as he sees Carlos flip the switch, successfully making half the lights in the skating rink turn off. Key snickers at the shocked faces that the couple wore. Guessing they got the point Key calls out “Have a nice night!” His voice thick with sarcasm as the couple walked out the door to leave Key to his peace and quiet. He walked around the counter, grabbing the broom and dust pan on his way. He rally didn't know how this much trash could accumulate in the time span of 12 hours.

 

He went and emptied the dust pan for the 100th and last time that night. And Key STILL had to clean the bathrooms. He looked at the clock surprised by the time 12:03 AM. “Yah! What the hell!” Key yelled to no one but himself. He slumps back over to behind the counter and puts the broom and dustpan up in its respective area, and picking up the bathroom cleaning supplys. Walking inside the bathroom he about vomited from the smell. He pulled out his bottle of windex and started to spray it on the mirror , when all of a sudden he heard the front doors open, followed by a crash. Key's eyes widened in shock. Looking towards the doors of the bathroom, he quietly put down the windex bottle on the counter. 'Crap, I guess I forgot to lock the front doors' Key thought as he slowly creaked the door open to try and see what had made the noise. He couldn't see anything, so he slowly walked out of the bathroom looking in all directions. 'Oh god. What if a wild animal came in...OH GOD. What if it a serial killer! Omo...Im so dead.' Key thought panicking. Now gripping onto the squigy he forgot to put down.

 

 

He was almost to the concession stand when his foot hit something. It sounded like broken glass. Key looked down, startled by the noise. It was a yellow bag. But one of those across the chest satchel types. Key looked at the bag confused. A bag slammed through the doors? Key thought, as he heard a low groan coming from the ice rink. He slowly made his way over to the wall that separated the ice and the floor. What he saw startled him. A young tall looking man was laying face first in the middle of the ice. Key contemplated going out there to help the strange man. Finally he decided he had to or he would get frost bite on the whole front side of his body.

 

He carefully walked onto the ice, trying his best not to slip in his street shoes, that were obviously not made for ice. When he finally got to the man, he gently kicked his side “Yah, are you alive?” Key said still lightly kicking the man. After a few seconds all he got was a grunt from the man on the ice. Well, at least he's alive, Key thought. “Come on get up! The ice rink is closed!” Key said as he struggled to turn the tall man over. Once he finally got the man on his back, Key instantly stopped. He was so handsome, Key thought. Short brown hair, lucious libs, eyes he could tell were huge even if they were closed. As he was admiring the man, the smell finaly hit him. Alcohol. He could smell it seeping from the the nice lips atatched to the man. Keys face scrunches up into one of disgust. Suddenly the mans eye's open wide and he sits up scooting away from Key at light speed. Key jumps back at the sudden movement. “Who are you! Where am I?! What the hell, OW!” The man says holding his head at the splitting head ache that came from the drunkenness and sudden movement. The mans voice was deep, sending shivers up Keys spine. But not distracting him enough to fail at retorting to the comments the man had just made. “You are in MY ice rink! DRUNK obviously! And you dont need to know who I am! I need you to tell me who you are and why you picked an ice rink as your choice to pass out on!” Key yelled, his unique voice intimidating even to the manlier man infront of him. His eyes were wide, looking down at the white ice. “Uhmm...I-I'm M-Minho. And I-I don't even know how I got here” he said holding on to his head again. Key repeated the strangers name in his head a couple times. It fit him well. Key snapped back into reality “Well you need to leave. Do you live close?” Key asked. Not really sure about his feelings towards this Minho character. He didn't seem like a serial killer at least , Key thought. “I don't know. I never even knew this town even had an ice skating rink.” Key rolled his eyes. The rink was a little farther down town. Not a lot of rich people knew about it. And right about now Key was assuming that Minho was one of those rich people. Looking at his nice jeans, spotless shoes,and his very warm looking pea coat. Compared to Keys three layers of a t-shirt, zip up, and hoodie just to keep his chest warm. With his worn out jeans and dirty looking sneakers.

 

“Okay, well what's your address then?” Key asked to see where this Minho guy lived. Key stared at the man in thought when he lets out a loud sigh. “. I don't remember! My head hurts to much! , , !” He yelled, shaking his aching head. Key sighed, at making no progress with this stranger. A very handsome stranger. But still a stranger. “Maybe if you get off of this ice you'll be able to think better” Key said standing up and wiping the ice shavings off his . “Well, my is kind of cold.” Minho said, trying to standup. But only achieving to fall on Key because of his drunken dizziness. Key was barley able to hold the tall man up. Both his hands were on his chest. A very toned chest...Key shook his head to rid it of his thoughts and got snapped back into reality when he noticed he really doesn't have that much muscle. “YAH! Stand up! Im not that strong!” Key yelled at the drunk man. “Ah! But the whole world is spinning!” Minho yelled. But managed to kind of straighten himself up a little to where Key going to fall over. Key managed to drape the taller mans arm around his shoulder so he could help him balance.

 

After five minutes of careful/drunken walking on ice, they finally made it off of the ice. Key loosing strength quickly took Minho to one of the couches where costumers put on their skates. He hurriedly dropped him on the couch, the man still half awake got all his limbs on the couch. “Ugh my head is going to explode.” Minho groaned. Putting his hand over his eyes. Key quickly walked over to his bag and pulled out three advils, a bottle of water, and some saltine crackers. Setting it all down on the coffee table situated in front of the couch. He lightly poked the Minho, “Hey, I got you advil, water, and crackers.” Key said softly, just in case the man was sleeping. And sure enough he was, Key heard light snores coming from behind the forearm draped across the mans face.

 

“Awesome, looks like I'm staying here tonight.” He said to himself in a sarcastic tone. He couldn't just leave a random stranger in his place of employment. He was just glad they weren't open on Sundays. So he wouldn't have to explain this random person to Carlos. Key laid down on the couch, thinking it was safe to sleep too, since this guy obviously to drunk and will be to hungover to do anything when he wakes up. With That Key takes one last look at the handsome drunken man laying in front of him before drifting to sleep.

 

----

 

                                                                             ~ppyong

 

 

Photobucket

Comment please.

Next chapter soon!!! Iv already written it! Im just to tired to type it! ^^ Enjoy <3