An Unhappy Start to...Start With (or Not)

Too Ugly to Love You

*RRIINNGG RRIINNGG* "YA! YOONA! GET UP!"

I woke up in a drowsy state, trying to pound the alarm clock's 'OFF' button. After a minute with no progress, I sat up from my bed, rubbed my eyes, put on my glasses, and pounded on the clock again. This time, the annoying ringing stopped. I got up from my bed, cleaned myself up, and made my bed. I then put on my oversized uniform, and reclensed my braces a second time. I rushed down the stairs, putting my hair in a loose ponytail with a rubber band.

"Mom, I'm heading out now," I shouted near the door, not forgetting to pick an already cut up apple.

"Yah! Are you really going to school like that?" my mom shouted back, causing me to roll my eyes. I knew what I looked like. I have big dorky glasses that I have to wear, a set of train tracks on my teeth that I had for two years already, an over sized uniform making me look sloppy, a messy ponytail with tangled hair from the rubber band, and an apple wedged between my teeth. I KNEW that I looked like a disaster, but I could care less about my appearance than my studies. In fact, this is how I always looked like, so it shouldn't have been a surprise to my mom.

"You know I look like this everyday. Why worry now?"

"Never mind. Just study well alright?"

"Alright." With that, I went out the door. I walked to school, munching on my apple, remembering that I have to floss after I get to class. Once I got to my school, the first thing I saw were a group of girls heading my direction. I was going to lower my head to not get them to notice me but, unfortunately, it was too late. They were already in front of me.

"Oh look, it's the little nerd is here. Tsk, your so disturbing. You still wear braces and those dorky, out-of-date glasses. Well isn't she a 'trend setter' girls," the blonde-haired one declared, putting air quotes on the word, 'trend setter'. I pushed up my glasses and tried my best to walk on and ignore them. Another one blocked my way and spoke back to the blonde one.

"Haha, look. She's even trying to ignore us Jessica. What bravery she has," she said sarcastically, smirking at me strangely. I knew that they were going to hurt me so I set my books on the floor and stood up straight.

"Go on. I already know what you guys are going to do," I said, putting my hands behind my back, leaning on one leg, looking straight at them. They all smiled evilly and strutted over to me. The first kick was delivered from the one that blocked my way, Sunye. She gave me the first few hits with her heels and purse. Next was a red haired diva, Sandara, usually just called Dara. She punched my jaw, causing my braces to shift. It hurt my jaw excessively, but I kept a strong face, not yelping in pain. Eun Seo, a dark witch inside a beautiful face, kicked furiously with her heel, causing bruises to form on my legs. Last was Jessica, and she was the worst of the three. She yanked my hair, slapped and punched my face, hit my stomach with her heel and bag, and stomped on my legs, making bruises into bloody scabs, later going to turn into scars.

After they were satisfied, they left me there. I sat on the floor, not minding the stares of passing students and the crowd of people attracted. I couldn't get up from where I was, but I didn't want to anyway. I struggled up and limped over to my books and bag, which were scattered everywhere thanks to Jessica and her group.I picked up my bag and one of my books until I stumbled on the floor again. My legs hurt like crazy; not enough to be broken, but enough to get me unable to walk. I sat helplessly on the floor, my books scattered all around me, and with students not bothering to help me. I checked my legs. Bleeding like crazy, making them deep red. I touched my glasses. The frame and the glass broke, causing my eyes to go slightly blurry. My uniform was dirty and a bit torn, and my face had a bruise on the left from all that punching and slapping. I was fine. I didn't break anything, except for my glasses, and I'm not in that much pain. I always assured myself this. It helped me not to worry.

Unfortunately, this didn't assure my anything at all. In a few minute I will late for class. I saw teachers rushing by to their classes, not bothering to look and help me. Some teachers saw me, but looked back to the route they needed to take to their room. I was used to this, having no help from anyone, not even teachers. I saw some students go through the gate to the classroom, not trying to be late. I knew that no one was going to help me, so I tried my best to lift my body up. I couldn't get up if I tried. My legs were way to bloody and weak. Heels were a weapon that killed my legs. I soon gave up trying to get up from where I was. Hopelessly looking at my scattered belongings and the time on my watch, I stared at the floor, trying to hold my tears.

Why doesn't anyone help me? Aren't I also worth helping? I'm human too. Not a beautiful human, but still a human. Don't I deserve the right to be helped? Why won't the teachers even help me? Am I invisible to everyone? I guess so...

Suddenly, I heard footsteps, I didn't look up to see who it was. Probably some teacher who is going to punish me for being late. The teacher tapped on my shoulder. I didn't respond, but instead continue to stare at the concrete floor.

"Hey uh, don't you need help? You need to go to the nurse. Do you need support?" I widened my eyes. It wasn't a teacher's voice, but a teen, my age, actually offering help. I looked up from where I was sitting and saw him. " Here, let me help you." For once in my life, someone besides my parents... is offering me help.

~~~~~~~~~~

HEY! I want to try a new senario for the story. Twist: Ugly Yoona!!!! I know right? Shocker considering how pretty Yoona is. I wanted to only have one enemy, but an idea came in my mind; why don't we have ALL of Yoona's love enemies in a group for the story. I should've thought of that before. Anyway, please comment and subscribe.