Goodbyes

The Family Secret

 

Alexiana’s P.O.V.

~A week later~

“I think I have everything packed.” I said as I put my bags into the trunk of the car. I looked at my mom who was trying her best not to cry. “Mom don’t worry, everything will be fine! We knew I was going to go to Korea even if it weren’t for this.” I said and my mom smiled.

“Yeah I know, I am just so used to having you around.” My mom said and I smiled.

“Yeah I know.” I said looking down at the ground. “Mom, why didn’t you tell me?” I asked and she smiled at me.

“Because I wanted you to be ready and plus it was a good time because you love like everything Korean. Imagine if it had been a time when you weren’t into that and were still into the bad music and crap we have here.” My mom said making me laugh.

“Well that is a good point.” I said. Then my dad and little brother came out of the house to tell me goodbye.

“I guess it’s time for us to say goodbye.” My dad said and my little brother  pouted.

“I don’t want sissy to leave!” he pouted. I leaned down and kissed him forehead.

“Don’t worry Benjamin, you can always talk to me on the phone or maybe mom can set up a video call.” I said and he nodded like crazy.

“Yes yes!” he exclaimed and I laughed.

“Ok that’s what we will do then.” I said and he smiled.

“Well sweetheart, I hope you have a good time.” My dad said and I nodded.

“Don’t worry, it will be amazing and I will send you pics of things there. I bet you would like to see how obsessed and weird I get.” I said and my dad laughed.

“Definitely; ok well bye have a safe trip.” My dad said as he pulled me into a hug. I hugged him and tried not to cry. Sure he wasn’t my real dad but he had raised me and therefore he was important to me.

“Bye dad, love you. Bye mom and Benjamin, I love you guys too.” I said as I hugged my mom and little Benjamin.

“Bye, we love you.” They all said together as I got into the car. Benjamin started to cry and I didn’t know what to say. When I had closed the car door and was far from the house I cried.