First to Cry

First to Cry

 

Jaejoong thinks that watching them is painful and bordering on embarrassing at how clueless they are, Junsu finds it to be some of the most entertaining moments of his day to just watch the two of them stumble and tiptoe their way around one another, and Yunho, he just thinks that Yoochun and Changmin are two of the most stupidly blind people he has ever met because it’s so obvious to everyone but them how entirely in love with one another they are. 
 
Jaejoong is the first to realize clued in due to the oddly bright flush that starts to adorn Yoochun’s cheeks whenever Changmin happens to walk around without a shirt or Yoochun enters for breakfast hair wet and wild around his face.  Yunho notices it slowly, in the way that the two begin to avoid each other just as much as they seem to gravitate towards one another; he notices how Changmin seems to be struck stupid at the oddest moments during shooting and the way that suddenly Yoochun seems to sit a lot closer than before.  Junsu is the last of the three to realize, mostly due to the fact that he doesn’t overly care to watch s all that closely; but he realizes it quickly and suddenly when Changmin is no longer opposed to skinship during a photo shoot with Yoochun and the way that Yoochun blushes and flutters like a school girl when Changmin wraps an arm around his shoulders. 
 
Junsu is the first to say something to his two oldest hyungs; confused but still determined because the other two members are starting to annoy the usually easy going boy.  Jaejoong smiles and giggles and gossips like a girl, and starts to plot on how to get the two of them together.  Yunho is quiet as he silently worries about the consequences of ’s feelings, but he smiles softly as he listens to Jaejoong’s excitement over how adorable of a couple the two would make.  
 
Yunho is the first to get exhausted by the sheer obliviousness of both Yoochun and Changmin, and he questions how correct the youngest member’s title of genius really is because they both seem awfully stupid to him.  Jaejoong starts to whine more than laugh, and he starts to complain more than smile, and he even goes so far as to pick a fight with Yoochun leaving the younger man in tears and confusion hoping to chase him into Changmin’s arms but it only serves to make Yoochun avoid Jaejoong for weeks and he is still jumpy around the oldest boy.  Junsu gets more annoyed as the days go by, and he gets more desperate in his attempts to push the two closer together; even going as far as to ‘accidentally’ lock them out on the balcony one night – which only ends up with Yoochun gets extremely sick, Changmin being pissed off at him for two weeks and a sever scolding from Yunho, Jaejoong and management. 
 
Jaejoong is the first to suggest just out right talking to one of the two members about their feelings, hoping to force an eventual confession out of them.  Yunho puts his foot down on that idea quickly and completely, vetoing the idea with no room for questioning; he lays down a solid no on that front not wanting to cause anymore friction within the group at the moment.  Junsu doesn’t really even listen to Jaejoong’s suggestions anymore because they only seem to make everything worse; even more so than his own stupid ideas. 
 
Yunho feels like he’s going to lose his sanity first, he honestly think he might just go insane. Between Yoochun’s constant blushing and stuttering and eyes so sad that he is surprised they are constantly filled with tears, and Changmin’s lingering stares and lack of concentration and suddenly constant nightly disappearance he can’t even keep up with all of the fights Jaejoong is starting or the trouble that Junsu is causing.  And between all the tricks that Junsu keeps pulling on Yoochun trying once again corner him and Changmin together, and all the word games that Jaejoong is playing with Changmin trying to back and trick him into a confession he can’t even find the time to comfort Yoochun when he does cry or Changmin when he comes home from a nightly walk looking even more confused than before he left. 
 
Jaejoong eventually goes against Yunho’s orders; though Yunho knew it was really only a matter of time and he was surprised that Jaejoong lasted two months before he disregarded Yunho’s leadership with the shaky argument that he’s technically the oldest therefore he really knows best.  Junsu merely claps his hands in excitement, nodding his head furiously in agreement and backing Jaejoong one hundred percent volunteering to talk to Yoochun himself; Yunho tells Junsu to run to the store and talks to Yoochun himself. 
 
Yunho finally realizes how much pain Yoochun has been hiding as the boy simply bursts into a long winded confession before Yunho even finishes his sentence.  Yunho’s own heart aches as Yoochun cries and sobs into his chest, drenching his t-shirt within minutes.  He is tongue-tied and silent throughout the endless babbling that is like word vomit from Yoochun’s usually tightly lipped mouth; and he wonders how long the boy has been wishing he could talk to someone, share this secret that he thinks is so deep and dark.  Yunho begins to realize as Yoochun calms slightly and begins to make more sense, that the younger boy is shaking with fear and exhausted from stress and feeling so unworthy of love that Yunho’s heart breaks entirely for the pale far too skinny boy wrapped up in his arms. 
 
Jaejoong listens from outside the door, secretly because Yunho told him to let him take care of this if he wanted it done this way.  Jaejoong cries, head tilted against the door, his heart breaking as well; not even realizing once that Yoochun was condemning himself for his feelings for a male, a member, someone younger – and he feels foolish, and selfish, and heartless.  He wants to go inside the room and soothe away Yoochun’s worries when the younger boy starts to sob once again, babbling about how scared he is about the members finding out he’s gay – begging Yunho not to tell anyone, and Jaejoong can’t help but enter the room.  He quickly and quietly soothes away all of Yoochun’s worries and fears and concerns; he tells him he’ll always be perfect and special and lovely.  He murmurs against tear-stained cheeks how beautiful and magical and sweet the younger boy is. 
 
No one notices the shadow in the open doorway, no one notices the youngest member with tears in his eyes or hand over his mouth, and no one notices the usually silent boy whose age is often forgotten.  Changmin listens as Yoochun bares his heart all over again to Jaejoong, he listens as the sensitive boy cries clinging to Jaejoong like he would his own mother apologizing for his feelings, and he listens as Jaejoong soothes him over and over again repeatedly telling him how perfect he is.  Changmin watches as Yoochun cries so many tears, and Yunho sits by offering silent strength, and Jaejoong mothers and pets and coos and murmurs in a continuous string of worry and love and tenderness.  
 
Changmin jumps; caught and stunned and fearful for a moment when Junsu leans against his back.  Junsu smiles though it feels out of place as he watches Changmin watch Yoochun; he sees the tears rolling down his cheeks that look very out of place on the usually silent and stoic baby’s face.  Junsu reaches down to hold Changmin’s hand; who allows and even welcomes the small comfort but never takes his eyes away from Yoochun.  Junsu knows that Changmin finally understands and that words would only be pointless and useless at this point.  He brushes his cold nose against Changmin’s neck, laughing softly when the younger boy nudges him away with his shoulder. 
 
Junsu and Changmin back out of the doorway as silently as they entered it, neither wanting Yoochun to know they’d witnessed him at such a moment of weakness because though he was sensitive and tended to cry easily; he never bared his painful tears in front of the two youngest members.  Changmin and Junsu easily went to the living room, and blindly started a video game; neither paying much attention but mostly playing out of habit than anything else.  Jaejoong knew something was up the moment he entered into the much too quiet living room, but Yunho was the first to notice the dried tear tracks on Changmin’s cheeks; neither said anything though.  
 
Changmin was the first to confess, and Junsu was the only one unsurprised by it; and both took what they’d witnessed to their graves.  Yunho was the last to know, like many other things within their group and household.  Jaejoong was the first to make a big deal out of it, and Yoochun like usual was the first to cry.