My Creamy Christmas Miracle!!!

My Creamy Christmas Miracle! [one-shot]

Every Christmas, I stay home and mourn on how dead my life is. Some of my friends would visit their families and my family was on the other side of the world and it wasn’t always easy getting there. So I had few friends, no family and what’s worse…? I don’t have a boyfriend. I hated going out and being reminded that I was alone every Christmas for the past 6 years. As I watched ‘Boys Over Flowers’ and ate mint chocolate chip ice cream, my phone began to play ‘Why I Like You’ by Super Junior. I picked up my phone and flipped it open, already knowing who was on the other line.

“What is it Jun Tae?” I asked, shoving more ice cream into my mouth.

“Eun Hye!! It’s Christmas and you are stuck in your room… Doing absolutely nothing!!!” Jun Tae said. I rolled my eyes. “And don’t you dare roll your eyes at me!” She knew me all too well.

“Ok then…” I said. “What do you suggest I do?” My doorbell rang. I opened the door to see Jun Tae standing outside.

“Join me for hot cocoa.” She said with a smile.

“Do I have to?” I asked.

“Yes!!” She said, grabbing my hand and my jacket. She dragged me down Hongdae St. and into a restaurant.

“I thought we were going to get hot cocoa?” I asked as we sat at a table and waited for a waiter.

“I got hungry and besides they do sell hot coco here…” Jun Tae said. I let out a harsh sigh and she squinted at me. “Stop being so grumpy Mrs. Grinch.” I stuck my tongue out and looked into the menu. I swear it took forever for our waiter to get to our table. But when he arrived, I noticed that he was really cute. His hair was a dark red and it was spiked in a certain way, he had a cute baby face and his smile was out of this world. ‘Where has this guy been all my life?’ I thought to myself.

“Hello, my name is Kwon Jiyong, I will be your waiter for today.” He said with that oh-so-adorable smile. Even though I was really into him, I tried my best to act as though I wasn’t. I looked into the menu and ordered the first thing that caught my eye.

“I’ll have a mint chocolate chip ice cream please.” I said. Jun Tae and Jiyong gave me a funny look. “What?” I asked.

“Y-you want ice cream?” Jiyong asked.

“It’s freezing outside!!” Jun Tae said.

“Well, we aren’t outside, are we??” I asked. Jiyong gave Jun Tae a questioned look and she only shrugged.

“Ok…” he said. “One ice cream and…” He looked at Jun Tae.

“I’ll have a hot cocoa,” She said, looking at me, "Because I'm not a crazy person." Jiyong scribbled the orders down and collected our menus. I watched him walk away and a smile crept on my face. I haven’t felt this way since my last boyfriend.

“Are you checking him out?” Jun Tae chuckled.

"No!” I said, placing my hands on my lap, but Jun Tae didn’t seem convinced. “Does it show?”

Before she could answer, I felt something really cold land on my head. I stood up slowly as mint chocolate chip ice cream began to drip down my face.

"Oh God,” Jun Tae gasped, standing up as well, “Eun Hye, stay calm…” I wiped the ice cream from my eyes and looked around. My sights landed on Jiyong sprawled across the floor, looking up at me with sorrow and regret in his eyes. He jumped to his feet, trying to keep his footing on the now slippery tiles, gathering napkins at a nearby table as he made his way to me and began wiping my face. 

“I am so sorry! A-are you okay?” he asked."I-It's my first day… I ju-”

“What’s going on here?” An older man yelled, he eyed the trail of ice cream leading toward our table, when his face turned red as he realized what was happening. “Jiyong!! Did you do this??” He bellowed, Jiyong put his head down as the man made his way to me when I spotted the 'manager' tag on his shirt. “I’m so sorry Miss. If there is anything you want, it’s on the house.”

“No, thank you," I said, my voice shaking with anger and cold. “I will be leaving now.” I walked out of the restaurant and down the street to the big Christmas tree in the park. I sat on the bench and looked at the ornaments, I didn’t realize how cold it was. It would have been a good idea to take my jacket with me. As I rubbed my arms to keep warm, someone held my jacket in front of me. I looked up to see Jiyong smiling at me. I was too angry to even ask what he was doing here, before I could say anything, he opened up the jacket and put it around me.

“You’re probably really cold because of the ice cream on your head.” He said. I didn’t say anything. “Again, I’m really sorry about that.”

I sighed. “It's fine. I'll give you a pass since it is your first time as a waiter.” He smiled his adorable smile. “Plus… I think you’re really cute.” I said. He looked at me with wide eyes and I blushed. Did I just say that out loud? We both looked away from each other and I slapped myself mentally.

“Do you know the story behind the mistletoe?” Jiyong suddenly asked. I looked at him and saw him staring at a mistletoe in the tree.

“Jun Tae told me once that if you kiss under a mistletoe, you’re embracing parasites.” I replied.

“Your friend at the restaurant told you that?” He asked, with a chuckle.

“Yeah.”

“Well, I believe that if you kiss under a mistletoe, it will bring you good luck.” He said as he looked at me. “Do you want to find out if it’s true?”

“Wha-”

Before I knew it, his lips were on mine. My eyes widened in shock, but I couldn’t help but close it as I got into the kiss. When we pulled apart, Jiyong smiled at me.

“I think you’re really cute too...” He said. “And you taste like mint chocolate chip ice cream.” I giggled. “Do you… want to go out sometime?”

“Will there be ice cream?” I asked. He giggled.

“If you want, then we shall have ice cream.”

 

I’m so happy I went with Jun Tae to that restaurant. Otherwise, Jiyong could have been kissing some other girl under that mistletoe. Maybe Jiyong was right, kissing under a mistletoe does make you lucky. I have a boyfriend and I am no longer alone on Christmas. This is my Creamy Christmas Miracle!!