Confession Time? (Part 2)

My Doll-like Smile

"Nara?" he smiled.

I gulped and took a step back. All I could think was 'No. No. No. It can't be. I've changed. I look way different. There's no way.'

"Nara, its you right?" he asked again.

"S-Seunghyun?" I finally squeaked.

"Nara! It is you! How have you been?" he asked, and walked towards me.

My body got numb, and my brain shut down. I just stood there blinking, not knowing what to do or say I suddenly blurted, "Hongki! Honki OPPA!" In less than five seconds Hongki was behind me pulling me into his arms.

"What are you doing here?" Hongki asked without emotion.

"I just came back to Korea for a week and was looking around for a little while. Are you and Nara...?" Seunghyun trailed off.

"Yes, we came here together." Hongki answered icily.

"Ahhh, I see. You know the saying back in the States? One man's trash is another man's treasure. Too bad she's not my trash though. She still loves me, I can see it in her eyes." Seunghyun scoffed.

His words struck my chest, he could have punched me his hardest, but it wouldn't have hurt as much as what he had just said. It hurt, because it was the truth.

"What you see in her eyes was fear, confusion, and hurt. No where near love." Hongki practically growled.

"What makes this all the more sad is that you love her. But she'll never love you like she loves me." Seunghyun sneered, I can just hear the smirk he had on his face.

Anger boiled inside of me as I ripped myself from Hongki's embrace. "Get something into your thick, arrogant head. I dont love you. You left me all alone. You hurt me. There is not an ounce of love for you inside of me. I loathe you." I said all in one breath.

Seunghyun and Hongki stood there with their mouths wdie open, speechless.

"Kaja oppa." I sighed and took Hongki's hand.

I dragged him through random streets, waiting for him to say something, yet he said nothing. We were walking around aimlessly for about an hour, and I had cooled down and analyzed the situation that just happened.

"Do you love me?" Hongki stopped walking and looked at me.

"W-what?" I stuttered, and met his stare.

"Do, you, love me?" He repeated. His expression was unreadable.

"Hongki..." I trailed off.

"Answer it truthfully. No pity. I want an honest answer." Hongki said.

"I, I don't know. I honestly don't know." I sighed. I really didn't though. If he were to ask me before what happened, I would have said flat out no. But now I'm not sure. When Seunghyun said my name, it was acting off of pure spur of the moment happenings and all I wanted by me was Hongki. I wanted Hongki to make all hte bad things go away. But did I want him there because I love him? Or because he's my bestfriend? And when Seunghyun said I still love him, it hurt because it's true, but when he said that I will never love Hongki, it hurt as well. Is it that I do love him? Or do I just want to prove seunghyun wrong for once?

"It's okay, I'll understand. You dont have to lie to save my feelings." he smiled slighty.

"I'm not. I've just never thought about you that way, and now that I have, I'm not sure anymore." I explained.

"Nara. Do I have your permission to try to make you fall in love with me?" he asked, batting his eyelashes to add effect.

I looked at him, making a fool out of him self... for me.

"Neh." I nodded.

He swifty grabbed my hand and started running, "Come on! We're almost late!" he laughed.

I followed behind him, completely oblivious to the follower behind us.

He pulled me to the street market where they have little booths for everything.

"Almost late? This doesn't close until 10!" I panted.

"Yeah, but originally plan to stay here until 6:30. So we'd have an hour, now we have a little less than half an hour." he sighed.

"It's okay! Let's enjoy it while we can!" I smiled suddenly. This smile felt weird. It was a little warm. Huh.

"Yeah! Kaja!" he giggled.

He took me around to several booths which held assessories, others with stuffed animals. Several times he did something stupid or foolish, but I just laughed and tried to enjoy myself. I have to admit, I wasn't bored. I was just... still confused.

"Hongki it's-" I started.

"Hongki oppa." he smiled.

"Hongki, it's 6:25." I smirked.

"Call me oppa~!" he whined.

"Ani." I knitted my eyebrows together.

"Call me OPPPAAAA~!" He whined and threw himself ontot he ground. "Oppa! Oppa! Oppa! Oppa! Oppa!" he repeated.

I stood there with my mouth agape. People were starting to stare.

" Call him Oppa. He really cares about you, just have an open mind and an open heart, and you will see." an old lady behind me said.

"Hongki Oppa." I sighed and nodded to the old lady behind me.

"What? I didn't hear you." he smiled.

"Nothing. I didn't say anything!" I laughed, when the old lady behind me poked me. "Hongki Oppa." I added quickly.

"Nara! You called me Oppa! Three times today! Come on! I have one more place I want to show you!" he smiled.

The feeling in my stomach kept coming and going like a spark, but I pushed that aside for now.

Hongki kept pulling me left and right through street of Seoul that were unknown to me.

"Okay, from this point you have to get on my back." he ordered.

"What? Why? I can walk, my feet are fine." I argued.

"You have to close your eyes babo." he laughed a little. I could tell he was nervous.

"Oh, okay." I nodded, and jumped onto his back, trying to lighten the situation.

"Now promise me you'll keep your eyes closed." he said.

"I don't make promises Hongki." I groaned.

"Promise." He repeated.

"Okay, I do not unpromise in an unpromising way." I smirked. I technically didn't promise.

"You just told me you dont promise." he laughed a little.

"Fine! I promise, okay?" I sighed and closed my eyes.

He laughed and began walking again.

We walked I think a little less then half a mile and the whole time I was thinking. Hongki is going to confess. He already kind of did. But this time he's going to for real. I know it. But how can I tell if he's lying? If he doesnt really love me?

"We're here." Hongki said warmly.

I stopped thinking and noticed the change of weather, instead of being just plain cold and breezy, it was colder and windier.

"Open your eyes." he whispered.

I followed his directions and looked around at the scenery. We were on a bridge the goes over a little stream that goes to no where and there were trees who's leaves are slowly dying. Turning orange and yellow.

"This is my favorite season." Hongki smiled.

"Why? Everything is dying now. Even the grass is turning yellow." I scoffed.

"It's making way for new life. Every year new green leaves come, and new green grass sprouts. It says to me, when things get bad, like the leaves turn yellow, and everything seems to bring you down, like the leaves fall down, a new person comes, new leaves blossom, and make your life beautiful, just like the trees become full and green again." he explained.

I just nodded, taking everything he said in.

He set me down carefully and looked me straight into the eye. Something he never does unless I fail a test. But this time was different. He looked... scared.

"Nara. I want to be the person that makes your life beautiful again. I love you Nara. I will never leave you. I will never hurt you. I promise to treat you like a princess. I promise to make you smile, a real smile. I promise to fill your life with beautiful moments. I promise to always hold your hand, and to pick you up when you fall. Because only you can make me feel whole." he said, his eyes getting watery.

The spark in my soul came back, and lit a little. Like lighting a match. Then, without warning, Hongki pressed his lips onto mine and my soul must have exploded. My whole body was filled with warmth. It was like I saw the world in black and white my entire life and now I see it in full color. The feeling went to the tip of my toes, to the top of my head. I feel like I could fly.

When he pulled away he looked at me, sort of scared, sort of relieved.

"Lee Hongki." I said, holding back all of the emotions that we begging to flow out.

"I love you." I finally said and smiled a warm smile. One that was not painted on my face, one that belonged there. One that reached my soul.

A real, not doll-like smile.

 


Oh dang.

I finished it.

Haha I meant for it to be like 5 chapters, but I stopped at a 3 shot. Ehh.

The ending took a lot of thought, thats why I took a while. xD

But yes. I thought of the corny lines and comparisons all by myself:D

xD I'm prett proud of those. So I hope you enjoy it!:D

Now please excuse me while I finish getting ready for school!:D

*probably just going to put on shoes and the rush back to read all of the other entries! xD*

Okay, thanks for reading! I had a lot of fun making this one~

Byye!

~SushiandJonghyun