Window Partner!

ONESHOT: Neighbor

 

 

 

 

 

<you’s pov>

 

So yeah, I’m new in this place. I moved here to continue my studies in my medical field course. And I think I’ll like my stay here. As soon as I arrived, the owner introduced me immediately to the boarders. After the introduction, I walked straight to my room for a rest.

After a long and tiring search for a house, thank god I finally found a nice place. The facilities of the house qualify my taste. It’s clean and presentable enough. Here, No one will scold me if I make a lot of noise and let my music play all day in full volume. Nobody will stick notes in my room’s door, no warnings and most of all; I’m free to do whatever I want. Wahahahah… I’m so lucky since most of the people here already have their job and the students have classes. So at daytime, they’re all out and I’ll rule this place!  And since my class starts at 6 in the evening, they will never know what I was doing.

In my room, while I’m currently unpacking my things, someone knock at my door. I opened it to see who my visitor is. And as I opened it, I saw my co boarder, Ji hyen from the next room.

“Hi!” she waved and made a quick bow as a greeting. I bowed back as a response. Then she spoke,

“You remember me?” she said followed with a smile. Then I nod as a sign of ‘yes’.

She stood in my doorstep not talking but just smiling like she was expecting for something. Then I remembered to let her in. She smiled and said, “I thought you’re not going to let me inside.” She chuckled.

“Mianheyo, I’m a bit pre occupied.” I said and gave a slight smile.

“It’s okay. So, do you like your room?” she said roaming around then sat on my study desk.

“The place is nice. It has a pleasant aura.” Ji hyen nodded in agreement and opened the window exposing another window from the next building.

“Did you know?” Ji hyen said and looked outside straight to the reflecting window.

“Know what Ji hyen ssi?” I said responding her question.

“Every window here in our apartment reflects another window from that building.” She said pointing outside.

“Jinja? We’ll that’s a bit awkward. How did that happen?” I said and stop unpacking my stuffs.

“That’s because that building from across has the same owner with this one that we are occupying.” She said and turned around to face me. “And that building there was exclusive for boys only. Just like ours, we’re all girls.”

“Ne?” I exclaimed.  Our land lady must be a business minded person making twin buildings for boarders.

“yeah, brilliant idea ne?” she said and beamed at me. I walk towards her and examine the windows myself.

“Woah. What the heck! You’re right. Why did she do that?” I asked with a confused reaction.

“I don’t know either but don’t you think it’s awesome?” she giggled and winked at me.

“What’s so awesome about that?” I replied and saw her pout. Then I took back my speech, “No, I mean… isn’t it a bit creepy? What if the person who lives there isn’t that nice, maybe a erted man or a scary old man? Ottakaji?” I said and had goose bumps.

She smiled and answered, “You’re a paranoid _____-ah! That’s impossible. The boarders Ajumma accepts were only those who qualify her taste. You know, pretty, smart and kind… Ahem!” she bluffs and grinned. We both laughed as we examine ourselves.

“HAHAHA… you’re crazy Ji hyen-ah!” I joked and stared into the window.

“I wonder who your window partner is.” She mumbled.

“Eh? Ji hyen-ah, do you have your window partner already?” I asked her still looking outside.

“Yep.”

“Ne? Do you know him? Who is he? Is he nice?” I asked randomly.

“Yeah, dad’s always nice.”

“MWO??? Did you say dad?”

“yes, my appa is my window partner. He moved to that building in order to monitor my studies.” She sighed and hanged her head down.

Aigoo, poor Jihyen-ah… “Your dad really loves you.” I said ironically.

“Yeah.” She blows a deep sigh again.

After talking about some stuffs, I invited her to have some snacks. We rested for a while then she said, “My eyes never left that window, but it seems like no one is in that room. I think nobody is using that room_____-ah.”

I looked to the direction of the window and wandered my eyes through it. Maybe, I said to myself. Well, it’s okay. It’s more favorable to me. I don’t really like the idea of having a window partner especially if it’s a boy.  “That’s okay with me.” I replied with a smile.

“okay. But it’s better if you have one. Do you have a boyfriend ______-ah?”

“Me?? Ani.” I answered directly with a bash.

“Jinja??? I can sense this is your lucky day!” she giggled and nodded in agreement.

“Why did you say that?” I asked with a curious look.

“Just wait and see.” She grinned and walked her way towards the door. “I’m leaving now. Annyeong _____-ah. Hope you’ll have a nice stay here!” she said and closed the door. I nodded in response and thought that was strange.

I made a quick glance to the window again and saw nothing. I guess no one’s really in there. Well, I don’t care as long as I’m having a great day. I should sleep now, there is a fun day waiting for me tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

THE NEXT DAY:

 

Now playing ► BALLONS by TVXQ5

 

 

  jinagabeorin eorin sijeoren pungseon eul tago

naraganeun yeppeun kkumdo kkueotji


noran pungseoni haneureul nal myeon nae maeumedo

areumdaun gieokdeuri saenggangna

 

nae eoril jeok kkumeun noran pungseon eul tago

haneul nopi nareuneun saram


geu jogeuman kkumeul ijeobeorigo san geon naega neomu keobeoryeosseul ttae…

 

 

You are dancing gracefully to the song’s rhythm while singing happily up to your lungs. You ruled the whole building with your deafening lovely music which made yourself the queen of the place. You ran across the room like a dog off leash then you stop in front of your large size closet entitled “Cassie lair” painted in red, the color of your fandom and pulled something out. To your huge mirror you stood in front of it and lip-sync the jolly lyrics of the song. You’re now wearing your cute animal costume you bought having the exact design with your DBSK bias, Shim changmin.

After the repeated chorus of the song, you opened the window to have some air. You sat down on the floor chasing your breath as the song continued playing. Then in a short break, you started to have fun again. You practiced your aegyo and made some fluffy eyes. In the end of the song, you made a V pose and share a cute wink. But in your surprise, you saw a man with cute glasses leaning on the window outside. He is smiling as he looks straight to your direction. With an embarrass expression, you fell down in your knees and crawled near your window. You quickly closed the window and pulled the curtains.

“Kyaahhh…!” You screamed and took off your animal ears. You bite the tip of it and started having weird thoughts. “Who is he? I thought no ones in there. Oh My God Sun!! I’m being spied?” you startled and jumped into the bed to hide yourself using the blanket. Then something brought up the answers in your mind. “It can’t be!!!!!!!!!” you exclaimed as you remember what Ji hyen have said. “Don’t tell me he’s my window partner.” In an instant, you ran towards the window and opened it exposing the whole room. You saw the guy still starring to your room with a shock expression.

“Oh. I’m sorry, did I scare you?” you said with an apologetic tone.

He smiled at you and spoke, “its okay. Why did you take off your animal ears? You look cute with it.”

You got flattered and blushed as you hear him compliment you. He chuckled to your reaction and said, “I see you’re a fan of Choikang Changmin.”

You nodded in response and shyly glance at him. “How did you know oppa?” you asked.

“Because of your costume and by the way, I sort of loving the word ‘oppa’ you were calling me.” He chuckled and crossed his arms while nodding in gratitude.

“Eh?” you said in confusion. “Why did you say that? How old are you?” you asked.

“I’m 24 years old.” He said and grinned at you.

“We’re of the same age!” you exclaimed and asked him again. “What’s your name?”

“Max.” he said and smirked at you. Then you replied with, “Jinja?? You have the same name with Changmin!”

“That’s because it’s me Shim Changmin.” He takes off his glasses and smiled.

Your jaw dropped as you saw him having the same face with your beloved Shim Changmin. Well, that’s because HE IS! You felt dizzy as a side effect of your shock and started acting like a drunken person. You squirm in circles and gave a hint of falling down. But before you could reach the ground, an arm catch you from falling. When you opened your eyes, you saw that Changmin is now holding you. You rolled you eyes and acted unconscious. Feeling his arms wrapped around your body. You made a peek in his face and saw him smirked at you. He leaned closer to you and your lips almost touch each other then you suddenly pushed him away.

“What are you doing?” You exclaimed in disbelief thinking that he’s trying to steal your first kiss.

Changmin’s pleasant expression turned into a confused one as you yelled at him. You crawled away from him then he said, “Are you nuts? Did you know that you’re lucky coz I’ll let you kiss my lips?” he said with his eyebrows almost trying to connect.

“Yah! Even if you’re my favorite DBSK member, I won’t let you touch these lips!” you yelled. “No one is allowed to steal my first kiss! This is exclusive for my future husband only!” You sermon.

“Is that so? Then, I guess I’ll make it as a challenge.” He smirked and sticks his tongue out then goes to the window and jumped to the other one. You scoffed in annoyance.

“Yah!!! Shim Changmin!!!!!!” you yelled and saw him waved as he smirks.

 

 

 

<you’s pov>

 

 

What does he mean by that? Shim Changmin! Now what are you trying to do? Are you really like this?? You’re different from what I thought you are! My funny and blunt speaker Changmin! What happened to you? TT_TT

.

.

.

Aigoo… ottokhe? Does it mean that he’ll steal my first????? OMMO! *stiffs* OH My God Sun! Waeyo????

My first kiss is now in danger of being stolen by that crazy Changmin. *sighs* Changmin!! Why do you have to be like that?  Its okay for me if that’s what your real attitude is but please don’t take away my lips. I promised myself to give it only to my groom. I know I’m very uptight but that’s just what I am. I stick on my promises. Even with my past boyfriends, I never let their lips touch mine! WHAT THE HECK! Oh. No.no.no! I won’t let that happen!

What am I up to? Why did this happen? Ottokhe!!!

 

 

 

 

 

<Changmin’s POV>

 

 

“umma, I’m going to the girl’s building tomorrow.” I said straight to my mom.

She stares at me and spoke, “Why?”

“I’m going to see someone.”

“Okay. Just don’t do foolishness.” She said and offers me the keys. “And be careful. You’re an idol. Girls today can be cruel if it comes to people like you.”

“De~” I replied and offers a huge grin.

“Aigoo… you’re funny Minnie.” Mom hugged my tight and twisted her fist on my head making me yelp in pain. “Ouch! Umma!!?” I pout.

“HAHAHA. Next time, stop acting cool. The one you’re facing here is your mom! Not the paparazzi so knock it off.” Umma said and kissed my forehead.

“Umma… stop it. I’m not a kid anymore.” I complained then she said. “Aish! You little minx.” She lets go and went to the kitchen.

*imitates an old man’s chuckle— hihihi ~ ” Wait until I get you ______ ssi!

After having everything I need, I planned my mission. Then the next day, I went to the girl’s building with a disguise. I wore my glasses and curled my hair. I also put a fake mole in my face. *giggles* This way, nobody would recognize me.

From afar, I can hear our song conquering the corridors. It came from ______’s room. I wonder what she’s doing. I opened the door lightly and went inside. ________ is nowhere to be seen.

“Where is she??”

“looking for me?” I heard her speak behind me. I turned around and in my surprise I jumped as I saw her holding a spear. “Yah! What are tr….trying to do with that?” I stumble and tried to advice her to throw it away.

“Wahahahah. I knew you’d come.” She said. “Good thing I’ve planned.”

“_____-ah, that’s dangerous. Put that down.” I said scared that she might cut herself or ME.

“I won’t until you stop that crazy plan of yours!” she yelled and points the spear at me.

“okay.okay! I surrender! Please drop that now!” I ordered. She hesitated a little but decided to drop it. I picked the pointed object and throw it away. After securing that it’s far away for her to reach, I quickly grab her waist and intentionally positioned her like she was about to fall so that she’ll beg me not to let her go. She held onto my arms and our eyes meet each other. Then without notice, our lips touched and we shared a kiss.

When I got back in my senses, my feet tumble and we both fell on the ground. Now, I’m on top of her. What to do? I immediately stood up and fixed my posture. Changmin-ah! What were you thinking?

“Mian.” I mumbled.

“Ani…ani-eyo.” She replied.

 

 

 

 

 

The two of you became so speechless and just stood inside the room. You are both still in shock of what happened. After 3 minutes of that awkward atmosphere, finally you started to create a conversation.

“I’m so sorry Changmin ssi.” You apologized.

“It’s okay. I should’ve thought about it twice. I thought it would be alright. Mianheyo _______ ssi ” Changmin answered.

You blushed while reminiscing what just happen between the two of you then you said, “ Uhh… yes. It’s fine. I know I’d become a freak too.” You smile then continue, “I should’ve not acted like an old lady.”

He chuckled and nodded in agreement. “Yeah. Like an old lady.” He made a serious face and repeats what you said.

You gave her an evil stare and said, “Are you playing with me?”

He grinned and made a “peace” sign. You giggled to the way he reacts. “Pabo! Changmin-ah.”

He grinned and called, “_______ ssi.”

“De~”

“I like you.”

“Eh???”

He raised his eyebrows and beamed. “I know it’s sudden but the first time I see you dance to our songs beat. And sing along with it. And the costume… I was stunned by the way you act as a fan. And as I watch you from that window, I said to myself that I want to get close to you.” he smiled and then holds your hand.

“_______-ah, I won’t ask for more yet. But I would like to be a part of your life.” he said. You listened to him attentively with your heart pounding so fast. Then he continued…

“______-ah, can you be my special someone?” he proposes to you with charming eyes as he held your hand. You were amazed by the way Changmin propose to you then you hold back and thought…

What if I give him a chance? I mean, what am I going to lose? I think it would be okay... ^^

Then you forced yourself not to giggle and answered.

.

.

.

“I don’t know…” you hesitated then all of a sudden you see him pout. You touched his face and made him look at you. “I was just joking. Of course I will.” You beamed and smack a kiss in his cheeks. He protested on your sudden action and said.

“Can you do that again?”

“Ani. Aniyo!” you turned and started to walk away. But before you reached the door, he pulled your hand and smirked at you. Then he said,

“Just this once.” He kissed your lips and ran before you react with his tongue his lips which had your cherry flavored lip gloss. “Have a good day Ms. Neighbor ssi!”

.

.

.

You scoffed in disbelief and the only thing you did was shout…“SHIM CHANGMIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

wish to read your comments! :))