Shot 2: Third Time's the Charm.

Pet Love

Those words haunted Woohyun the rest of the week, popping into his mind at odd hours of the day. Even he arrived home; the house seemed empty. That dog version of that person had become part of the life of the house and didn’t feel quite right to be there without the sounds of barking and that bundle of fur running around. Sungyeol really was invading Woohyun’s life even when he wasn’t there.

                “What the hell am I going to do?” Woohyun pleaded to the skies. He was utterly confused he liked Yeollie’s, no wait Sungyeol’s, company but he didn’t have any romantic feeling for that guy.

                “Why do I even care? He made it clear he never wanted to see my face again,” he muttered to himself and moved on. That’s the last he consciously thought of Sungyeol until on his doorstep was a dog even smaller than the size Yeol was. It had dark brown fur, shaggy in length, and a red collar around its throat. It shied away when Woohyun tried to touch it. After five minutes of chasing, Woohyun finally got him in his arms. When he tried to view the dog tag the dog wriggled and twisted out of his embrace with a yelp. A high pitch whine appeared from its muzzle and then it took off. Curious and worried, Woohyun followed it. It seemed to be leading him somewhere since even corner or two it paused to make sure Woohyun was in his view and then took off once more.

                They played this game of cat and mouse until two blocks later they enter a park. Woohyun froze as the dog ran into the arms of a very familiar face, Sungyeol’s. He didn’t know why but he immediately stepped behind a tree. Why did he do that? He didn’t care right?

                “But he said he didn’t want to see me again.” He moved this lips  to the words silently and froze up when he heard the boy’s voice from the other side of the plant.

                “Hey, Jong,” Sungyeol greeted the dog in his arms.

Jong? Woohyun wondered and realized that dog was Sungjong?

                “Hey Sungjong why did you call me here?” the familiar and somewhat comforting voice asked. The answer was a series of whinies and an attempt to tug the slightly older person towards a tree. By the time they reached it though the person hiding had ran away.

                Woohyun walked home with his fist shoved in his pockets not watching his path until and irritated figure detached from the side of his house.

                “Why didn’t you say hi?” Sungjong growled, his face twisting closer to a dog then a man.

“Why should I? Not like I care. He doesn’t want to see me anyways,” the sentences came out in a confusing jumble.

                “If you didn’t care why did you run?” Sungjong pointedly asked the question. That’s what Woohyun actually wondered: why did he run?

                  “Why do you even care?” Woohyun fired back with the first thing that came to mind.

“I’m tired of see my brother act lovesick and watching you obviously missing him,” Sungjong scoffed, “You two lovebirds get together already!”

                With that statement Sungjong marched his skinny-jean covered rear away leaving Woohyun alone with his thoughts. Alone with this thoughts and the quiet of the house, he never realized how quiet his house was until now. Before he picked up his stray it was a comfortable silence, but after that the silence was unwanted since it signaled he was alone. You never know you’re alone until you have someone near you go missing.

                “Damn, I do miss him,” Woohyun swore and wondered who he missed the dog or the person.  Did it even matter? What he really missed was the company. I guess I’m listening to Sungjong one meeting can’t hurt. Worst happens he hates my guts even worst and I never talk to him again. That’s basically what’s going on now. Woohyun told himself confidently and marched towards that white and blue trimmed house. Tapping his fist against the door three times nerves started tightening his stomach.

                “What are you doing here?” a cold bark was aimed at him.

“I came because your brother told me to,” he lied, not knowing why he did so he just lied like he always did.

                “Stupid Jong. Well what do you want?” Sungyeol growled.

“To talk,” Woohyun spun on his heels to face the person he spoke to.

                “About what you already made it clear…” Woohyun interrupted Sungyeol’s sentence with an exclamation, “Are you crying?!”

                The boy’s eyes were ringed with red and puffed up, Woohyun couldn’t believe he didn’t notice that before. He jerked back covering his eyes.

                “No!” Sungyeol lied. Woohyun reached out ripping away the hand and stepped closer. He wondered out loud, “Why are you crying?”

                It bothered Woohyun, the redness of his eyes and the puffiness from rubbing tears away.  Sungyeol tried and failed to jerk away again.

                “Why?” Woohyun repeated. That question seemed to cause Sungyeol to snap since instead of continuing to jerk back he lean forward and kissed Woohyun roughly pinning him against the stairway. Filled with shock, Woohyun let his grip go allowing  to Sungyeol slipped back and spat,” Why the do you think?”

                He marched pass the dazed man up the stairs and opened the door. Not even turning he said softly almost pleadingly, “Don’t come back.”

                Woohyun was paralyzed at the stairway but those words reanimated him. With only a few movements of his body he pulled Sungyeol from the door.

                “I can’t promise that,” Woohyun said and pressed his mouth against Sungyeol’s. The first time they kissed it confused Woohyun, the second time it made Woohyun realize that like always he was lying but to himself he honestly did like Sungyeol more than a pet or a friend. The first two times they kissed it was roughly and done by Sungyeol. This time it was Woohyun’s turn to shock Sungyeol, their third kiss was soft and gentle like chocolate melting on your tongue.Like they say third time’s the charm.

                Hesitantly, Sungyeol wrapped his arms around Woohyun. Relaxing slightly they deepen the kiss; Woohyun’s probing tongue easily gained access to Sungyeol’s mouth. The roughness from the earlier shallow kisses was entirely gone as Woohyun explored Sungyeol’s entrance. Moans vibrated Sungyeol’s throat and he grabbed Woohyun tighter. Panting they continued to exchange sweet, heated kisses. Fingers brushed across bare skin around the covering of cloth bringing up more heat in each other’s bodies. Breathless they finally broke their sweetly desperate kisses but held on to their embrace. Woohyun placed his head in the hollow of Sungyeol’s neck and Sungyeol held him tight against him.  

                “You can’t ever leave me now,” Sungyeol growled threateningly into Woohyun’s ears. It had been hard enough to ignore Woohyun without ever touching him or know that Woohyun could possible like him back.

                “I promise,” Woohyun grinned and place one last gentle soft kiss on his mouth, an owner showing his pet affection.