Shot 1: Pup in the Bush

Pet Love

Title:  Pet Love
Group:  Infinite
Pairing:  Attempted Wooyeol
Rating:  PG-13
Warnings: This is the closest I will ever write to fluff for the longest time you will ever see.
Genre: AU
Summary: The only link between Woohyun and Sungyeol is a dog named Yeollie, that’s what Woohyun thinks anyways.  

                                Ruweerrr…. Woohyun looked around hearing a strange sound. After a moment he located the source of it. A small dog was hidden under some shrubbery and when he moved closer he saw that someone had abused the poor thing. Its front paw was cut right on the pad. Woohyun cautiously reached for the pup, however, instead of yipping and biting him like Woohyun thought it would it seemed to know Woohyun would not harm him.  Carefully, Woohyun wrapped the dog in his sweater and ran the rest of the way home.

                “Hello boy,” Woohyun cooed at the dear while cleaning and wrapping the wound.  The dog brushed its head against his hand in a calming way and him. Clink. Looking down he finally noticed the collar around its throat.

Lee Sungyeol
XXX Chuxxx St.

Oddly the collar only had a name and street it didn’t even mention the dog’s name.

”Sungyeol,” Woohyun tasted the name in his mouth and wondered what type of person he was.  The dog looked at him and jumped twice his height to tackle Woohyun. Shocked Woohyun tipped over with the dog his face to oblivion.

                “kekeke. Stop it boy...” Woohyun smiled then slipped into thought.

“Hm… what should I call you? Not like I can call you Sungyeol,” Woohyun laughed but the dog stared at him and his hand when he said Sungyeol.    

                “Sungyeollie,” Woohyun stumbled over the name then looked at the dog.

“Yeollie, come here you can sleep in my bed tonight,” Woohyun smiled scooping the dog up and place him on the bed. Tired from a hard day, Woohyun passed out cuddling the small dog. His hand reached for an empty space. Touching the sheets, Woohyun sat up confused wondering what was missing.

                The dog, Woohyun realized with a jolt. Quickly getting up he searched his house, over furniture and in cracks. He couldn’t find the dog anywhere; it was like Yeollie grow thumbs and let himself out the door.  Looking at the clock he noticed it was nearing eight o’clock.

                “NO!” Woohyun shoved himself in the nearest semi-clean tee and jeans then speed off to this class. Lucky for him that his first class professor came after the class time for nearly ten minutes so he managed to make it before him by five minutes. Drowsy Woohyun’s mind always went back to the dog as his professors’ drone on in their lecture.

                Xxx Chuxxx St. He abruptly remembered the address and scribbled it down in the corner on his notes. After classes he made up his mind to track him down. He biked through a nice neighborhood one untouched by crime and trimmed to perfection. Before he could lose his nerve Woohyun jogged up the steps of the light-blue house and rang the doorbell.

                “I’ll be right there,” a low voice echoed towards the door. After a series of low fumbling noises the door opened to reveal a clear face boy about his age.

                “Hello,” he smiled, turning his eyes into crescent moons.

“Hello, I’m Sungyeol,” the boy at the door introduced himself with left hand held out.

                “Oh I’m Woohyun,” Woohyun coughed shaking the hand lightly. The brown orbs looked at him questioningly and Woohyun replied to the implied question, “I found your dog but he kinda when missing.”

                Woohyun dropped his eyes downcasted from having to say such a thing.

“You mean Yeollie? We found him a bit ago he’s at the vet’s now,” Sungyeol chuckled.

                “Really?” shock showed clearly in Woohyun’s voice.

“Yea he’s pretty smart,” Sungyeol smiled again. They looked at each other awkwardly unsure of what to do. The awkward moment continued for as the two avoided each other’s gaze. Pounding steps were what saved them from the moment a lighted haired, obviously dyed, head of hair popped out next to Sungyeol. His eyes darted back and forth between them and the tension there dawned on him.

                “I’m Lee Howon, people call me Hoya, Sungyeol’s cousin,” Hoya introduced himself quickly then moved to save his cousin, “Yeol, Jong needs you to help him with his homework.”

                “Oh, bye Woohyun,” Sungyeol bowed slightly and well basically ran to out of Woohyun’s sight. Hoya closed the door in his face with a shake of the head as his farewell.

                That was the last Woohyun thought of Sungyeol until a week later when on his doorstep was a furry ball of brown fluff. Its ears perked up when Woohyun steps registered in its ears and it began energetically running in circles.  Within seconds the creature wore itself out and flipped adorably on its back exposing the pure mocha color of its belly. Woohyun stared at all of this with a mix of amusement and disbelief.

                “Yeollie?” Woohyun coughed out. In reply the dog rolled over and barked sharply. Not knowing what else to do he let the dog in his house.

                Brrr-brrrr the tone of the phone went on trying to connect to the number dialed. Fingers crossed, he hoped he found the right number for correct Lee residence.

                “Hello?” a sweet voice answered him.

“Hello this is the Sungyeol’s place right?” Woohyun asked, again it’s not like he could just ask for the Lee family there had to be at least pages he spotted filled with that one surname.

                “Yea I’m Sungjong is younger brother,” he said.

“Your dog somehow got to my house again,” Woohyun stated.

                “My dog?” confusion colored his tone.

“Yeollie,” Woohyun replied.

                “Oh Yeol. You like him right? He missed you I guess, he’ll leave when he wants,” Sungjong replied and then with the smallest goodbye hung up the phone.

                At first he thought that response was odd but eventually it was just normal. Every other day or so the dog would appear on his door step or he would pick him up. Yeol’s tail was always wagging and the pup brightened up Woohyun’s day. The only peculiar thing was he never saw Sungyeol much it was always either Hoya or Sungjong who handed the dog to him.  That oddity and the fact the pup had the same nickname as him Sungyeol slowly invaded Woohyun’s mind.

                When Sungyeol was still in his mind, Woohyun knocked the Lee residence’s door. The person that occupied his thoughts was the one that opened it. The light reflecting off Sungyeol’s hair reminded him of the mocha color of the dog’s stomach, a new reason for Sungyeol to pop in his head.

                “Hey, you want- my dog right?” Sungyeol smiled.

“Yea,” Woohyun answered, a strange feeling crossed his chest.

                “Wait right here,” Sungyeol turned leaving the door wide open. Woohyun didn’t listen to him since a series of clanging noises from the back yard drew his attention, his feet moved before he realized it. Peeking over the bushes, he saw that dark-haired boy, . The bizarre thing was not that Sungyeol was absolutely , chest showing and nether regions exposed, however, what came next. Fur sprouted on his face, crunching sounds appeared as he shrunk, a tail grew and voila within minutes Yeollie the dog.    

                “What the hell,” he cursed wind milling backwards. Foot catching on the ground, Woohyun knocked his head on the ground and promptly out. Weariness and dizziness lay in his bones, as a throbbing headache rocked his mind.

                “Aigoo,” the word slipped out of his mouth.

“Hey he’s awake,” a familiar voice yelped sending shockwaves through his head. Opening his eye carefully, Woohyun saw Hoya with his arms crossed tightly on his chest, Sungjong bouncing near his head, and Sungyeol leaning in the dark corner further from him.  

                “Hey remember anything?” Hoya asked, growled, in a bark. Slowly the image of Sungyeol buck and changing, morphing, into a dog appeared in his head.

                “That wasn’t real was it,” daze colored his tone with confusion.

“It was,” Sungjong yelped honestly.

                “Why?” that was the only question Woohyun needed the answer to. Why did Sungyeol act like a dog around me?

                “Because I like you,” Sungyeol boldly confessed then barked, “Now get out of my house unless you can accept that.”

                With the help of Sungjong and Hoya Woohyun stumbled out of the neatly trimmed house with his world flipped upside-down and the line  “Because I like you.” running an infinite loop in his ears.