A New Year but Old feelings

Undecided Lovers

    There I stood before my door nervously reaching for the knob. My palms started to sweat and my legs began to weaken. But why was I so nervous when it’s only the first day of the second year of junior high? This year I promised myself I won’t do the mistakes I have done before. It was a new beginning a time for me to change and mature. I met my friends and had my small talk with them before going to class and starting school. The teacher had walked in and introduced herself as our new teacher for this year and that for all of us to study hard and get along with each other. I didn’t care for anything much since it is the last year for me being in junior high. Since I sat in the back of the room I took out lined paper and a few blank ones so I can draw on them. I heard the door to the room open and I looked up it was my crush since last year, his name is Kim DongJun  he is six months older than me. He was the type of guy you can find almost everywhere but in a weird way he was different. I remember last year I had him in my homeroom and this year it’s the same. He was a player, but what caught me to him was that although he is like that he is very smart and caring.

“Why are you late?” the teacher said politely.

“I’m sorry, my alarm clock didn’t go off so I had to rush everything to get to school I am very sorry it won’t happen again,” said the boy who has stolen my heart.

“Oh, alright since it is the first day of school, but are you a second year student here or just transferred?” asked the middle aged woman that was standing with a piece of chalk in her hands.

“This is my second year here ma’am I know all the rules places and everything, but today it just didn’t go as planned I am very sorry,” replied the boy who was now scared of what type punishment he might get for being late.

“Well alright I will let this one go this time and make sure you have two or three alarm clocks to go off on you so you can wake up better also on time.” 

“Yes ma’am, also do we have a seating chart or just sit anywhere?”

“Well you may sit anywhere as of today, but next week I will have a seating chart down.” replied the teacher.

    Kim DongJun looked around the classroom and saw me with an empty seat next to me and walked my way. There he goes sitting next to me again we were such close friends and I wouldn’t want to lose anything to him so when he liked a girl I would help him get with her or at least introduce them with each other he did the same for me besides the liking secretly part.

“Hey Seonnie long time no see girl,” the boy said in a happy tone to see me in his class.

“Hey Jun, I know right it’s been awhile so how have you and your girl been doing?” I asked him although my heart hurts to ask him these things.

“Oh, um her and I, we both broke up during break things got rough and I caught her kissing one of her so called gay guy friends.”  replied the young man who was still annoyed of his break up.

“Oh, I am sorry to hear DongJun I wish you to find a great girl someday who will treat you right.” I told him

“Nah it’s okay Seonnie, see I wish some girls would be like you, you’re cool and awesome you know how to have fun and be serious when you need to be and you know how to joke around with me without getting hurt like those other girls.”

“It’s called growing up with brothers DongJun.” I told him as I giggled

“Well sorry miss, I hang out with my brothers, and why don’t you ever call me Oppa like you used? You only call me by my first name now?” asked the handsome boy who was sitting next to me.

“Well, um actually I seriously don’t know, I guess I am more used to saying your name rather than calling you that,” I told him back as I laughed about it.

“You know we should be taking down notes and learn the rules for our new classes, but seems like someone likes to fool around and distract other people again this year,” said the boy who apparently wants me to call him Oppa now.

“Shut up Jun you were the one who distracts me the most last year.”

    DongJun just lightly hit me on my head and told me to get to work as I just doodled on the piece on white paper I had out from earlier. We took; well actually he took down notes for both of us as he knew that I wouldn’t do anything in this class. To tell you the truth, the only reason why I didn’t take notes was because when he is serious in class and he is taking notes at the same time he looks calm and very into his work. I just can’t help myself but to always sketch his side shot whenever I was able to, it took me time to finally get use to drawing his jaw line and the detail on his collar bone whenever he wore his V low cut shirt. You may say I sound obsessed, but actually it’s just called falling really hard for the person you get really close to. I looked at my watch there was 45 minutes of class left of history so I just set my head down and went to sleep.

“Seonnie-ah, Hey. YO sleepy head get up.” whispered a young man’s voice it was sweet and soft next to my ear. My name was called again by the lovely male soft voice. I finally opened my eyes slowly to see who was the one who called my name it was the one and only Kim DongJun.

“Oh, Hey is class over already Jun?” I asked him as I yawned and stretched at the same time.

“What are you talking about its lunch time already sleepy head you slept through four classes your just lucky I covered for you I swear did you not sleep at all last night?” The boy asked me

“Oh My Cookie crumbs are you serious DongJun?” I asked the crush of my life with fright in my eyes not knowing what happened for the past couple of hours.

“It’s okay calm down I wrote notes for you and me it’s alright calm down and get the fright out of your eyes your worrying me when it’s only the first day of school Seonnie,” the young man told me in his soothing lovely voice.

“Um, Yeah I’m sorry it’s just yeah I guess you can say I didn’t get enough sleep last night to busy staying up doing something. Also thanks for helping me out today Jun and I’ll get rid of the fright in my eyes.”

“No problem Seon what are friends for?”

    My heart broke and my mind went off into space once I heard the words “what are friends for.” I hate having to hear those words from him although it was another way of me believing that we are closer than others. ­­

“Hey, Seonnie you there? DongJun to Seonnie.” As the boy tried to get my attention while waving his hands in front of me.

As I snapped out of my tiny world, “Oh, um yeah DongJun?” I answered him.

“I asked you if you remember to bring your lunch today because if you did then we can go to the canteen.”

“Ah, um I don’t think so would you mind if you got me lunch this time once again?” I asked him

“Yea sure why not besides since you owe me so much today this shall go onto your records of things you owe me.” laughed DongJun as he teased me of how he does so much things for me.

    So today for lunch my crush slash best friend bought me it. We both went to go look for our friends, but then DongJun dragged me along with him to find his friends first. Soon we found them at the table where they usually sit at. Everyone said hello to me and asked me questions as usual about how to get at a girl. I just sat down next to DongJun  eating my lunch he had bought for me.

“Hey Seonnie is that you?!” A girl yelled out from the other side of the canteen. I turned my head the way I heard my name from and saw that it was my childhood friend Ahn JinHee and her twin brother Ahn Niel. “Oh, JinHee-ah!” I shouted happily seeing her and her twin brother.

“Oh, hey there Seonnie,” Niel said with his sensitive voice smiling at me as they both walked towards my way. Well, Niel walked as JinHee ran towards me. “I missed you dude!” JinHee shouted happily as I hugged her back. “I miss you too,” I told her and both of us broke into laughter.

 I turned my head to look at Niel, “Do you want a hug too?” He gave it a thought and since us three did grow up together, “Yea sure, but make it a quick one please.” I walked to him and we both did a quick side hug, but stopped me and gave me a full hug.

“What are you doing I thought you only wanted a quick one?”I asked him astonished

“Why would you think that we grew up with each other we are consider family dumb .” He answered me as he made a fist with his hand and rubbed it against my head. All three of us broke into laughter and I said my byes to DongJun and his friends and went to go sit with my childhood friends.

“Ah, I see making your move on DongJun this year?” asked the curious girl who sat across from me.

“NO! We are just friends nothing more besides me and him are best buds and, well he might like someone else anyways.” I told JinHee as I started to have the bad feeling again.

“Seonnie, you’ve had a crush on him for over a year now and all you say is he migh like someone else and that you two are better off as friends are you serious?” asked the annoyed and angered friend.

“My sister is right Seonnie just tell him you like him, take chance you don’t know things might get really well and if not then you still have us alright,” added the twin brother Niel always watching out for me when I’m having a hard time.

“Yes, I know but it’s just all the what if’s and well I’m scared to fall in love with someone I mean you remember all those jerks I dated what if that happens to me with DongJun?” I told them as I slowly put my head down and pushing away the lunch DongJun bought for me. “Seonnie that’s well their fault they played with a great girl you are different and you know how to treat a guy right.” Niel told me as his sister just nod in agreement. The first day of school ended just like that, JinHee and Niel said their goodbyes to me except for DongJun.

“Hey Seonnie wait up can you?!” yelled out the person who was running towards me from behind. I couldn’t see who it was, but once that person was closer I couldn’t believe who it was and well who else would it be. I just can’t believe it he really ran and called my name.

“Hey thanks for waiting up may I talk to you Seonnie?” he asked me while catching his breath.

“Yea sure, what’s up.” I asked the boy still catching his breath.

“Well um, the thing is um well you know I’ll just ask you later.” the boy told me as he scratched his head and just turned to walk away.

"Wait!" I told him as I grabbed a hold of his arm. "May you walk with me to the library?" I asked him shyly.