[007] Lips

Artistic Struggle

 

Another week passed, and Junhyung saw no sign of the cheerful orange haired boy anywhere. And because he saw no sign of him, the gallery staff saw no sign of a smile on Junhyung’s face. They all knew the reason why, and they all knew that if they dare got involved, they would be killed. Yes, killed, in a social way that is. They would be fired immediately and given little to no chance of ever having such a luxurious and rather easy job ever again, let alone have a job at all.

Dongwoon however was pondering on the idea of getting involved, and it was clearly shown as he sat at his desk, pen in hand and eyes set towards Junhyung’s office. Everyone knew what he was thinking, but no one said a thing; at the end of the day, if he did go through with it, got fired and asked to leave, then they would have a chance of getting more of a raise on their pay because they’d be covering that position too. But not Lee Gikwang, he cared for the younger and found him adorably sweet and dorky so he wanted him around. That, and the fact that every time he would smile or stumble over his own two feet, Gikwang’s day would brighten and he would be in a good mood once again.

“Yah,” Gikwang snapped Dongwoon out of his daze, plopping himself on a chair in front of the other’s desk. “don’t do it.”

“Do what?” Dongwoon asked, straightening up, clearing his throat and playing with the cuffs of his sleeves.

“You know what,” The elder chuckled lightly, smiling gently at him. “You want to get Yoseob in here somehow.”

Silence followed after his statement; a silent so short yet so long that Dongwoon nearly broke into a sweat from staring at the other. No, see, he wasn’t going to break into a sweat because Gikwang knew his idea, he was gonna break into a sweat because he kept looking at Gikwang’s plump lips and all he wanted to do at that moment was to lean over and kiss them over and over again. Slowly, gently, perfectly moulding them to his.

“We can’t do that,” He continued, leaning forward slowly which made Dongwoon swallow thickly. And all of a sudden, those lips turned into a mischievous smirk. “But let’s do it.”

“What?” Dongwoon whispered-yelled at the other, breaking his attention from his lips, settling back onto his eyes. “You just said we can—”

“Oh, please!” Gikwang almost shouted, shaking his head. “We’re gonna do it, we need to; seeing Junhyung like this actually sickens me. A date— here. We’ll set it all up, blind fold them, and bring them here.”

Dongwoon bit into his bottom lip in thought before nodding slowly, smirking himself. “Let’s do it.”

 

 

 

Later that night, Junhyung finally managed to close up his laptop, standing up from his desk and slipping into his jacket and scarf. With pursed lips, he put his gloves on, turned off the lights in his office and walked out with a small portfolio under his arms, the edges covered in bite marks and slightly falling apart. He walked up to Dongwoon’s desk where Gikwang was seated as well, going over some financial documents regarding the costs of the next exhibit. He quietly bid them goodnight, nodding at them slightly before reminding them a few things for tomorrow and finally telling them not to stay too late.

That shocked all three of them; Junhyung the most—he never really cared about this. With a frown etched onto his face, he shrugged his scarf around his neck more and hid some of his face in it, walking out of the gallery without another word.

And as he got into the waiting car in front and as it drove off, that was when Dongwoon and Gikwang turned to each other with cheeky grins on their faces, the radio on Dongwoon’s computer for some music and started getting to work.

Gikwang had come up with the setting of the gallery, but instead of having it be all black and white like always, the paintings will be replaced with Yoseob’s paintings. And his pictures with his friends as well as Junhyung’s pictures. So that’s what Dongwoon started doing; taking down all the paintings by the other artist’s carefully, putting them away as Gikwang started hanging small white fairy lights around the windows, giving it a more romantic feel.

Once that was done and Dongwoon moved onto hanging up Yoseob’s pieces and the pictures, Gikwang moved the small round table he had borrowed from the cafe next door and put a white table cloth on top of it. Humming along to the music, he continued to place the candles in the middle as well as the plates and cutlery, bringing a bottle of red wine and white onto the table, the glasses set up and waiting. A bottle of champagne, expensive, exquisite and the most delicious, stood in the cooler by the table, surrounded in blood red roses.

Dongwoon stopped to watch how Gikwang set everything up, a small smile on his face when he noticed Gikwang’s tongue stick out of his mouth slightly—only the tip, in concentration. The way that Gikwang’s features looked in the candlelight made Dongwoon’s heart beat a little faster and his breath become a little heavier.

“Woonie, I’m gonna go next door and see if the chef has finished the dishes.” Gikwang announced, not turning to look at the other from the table before moving to dim the lights to almost darkness, turning on the fairy lights and quickly running into the cafe next door.

“Uhhuh...” Dongwoon watched the other run off, holding onto one of Yoseob’s colourful pieces, eyes almost wide, and heart beating faster.

 

 

 

“Hello?” Yoseob mumbled into his phone, listening to the frantic screaming of his friend. “Chill out, Dongwoon; the hell is wrong?” He asked before yawning, rubbing at his eyes as he slowly stood up. “Alright, alright, calm down. I’ll come and pick you up now, don’t worry about it...” He whispered into the phone before standing up sleepily, slipping into a long sleeved shirt and his jeans, stepping into his shoes and stealing Doojoon’s car keys before quietly leaving, phone still in hand.

Once he reached the car and got himself in, started it up and pulled onto the road, he started making his way to the gallery, turning the radio on and quietly singing along to Amelia Lily's You Bring Me Joy.

 

 

 

“What do you mean it’s just gone?!” Junhyung shouted down his phone, stumbling into his shoes, shirt half put on as he tried his best to put his clothes on and rush out the door and to the gallery, listening to Gikwang’s frantic shouts and almost breaking voice. He knew that he was nearly in tears. “How could a huge ing canvas just disappear, Gikwang?” He put the other on loudspeaker, placing the phone on the counter and slipping his shirt on properly as well as slipping into a leather jacket, grabbing his car keys.

“Look, just call the ing police, look around some more; contact the damn artist!” He shouted down the phone and groaned when he heard the other let out a small sob. “I’m on my way now, okay? Just... don’t move.” With that, he hanged up, running out of his door and down the stairs from the top floor down to the parking lot.

 

 

 

Gikwang wiped away his tears, chuckling at how far he had gone with his acting before putting away his phone, grinning at Dongwoon for a brief second only to burst out into tears again. Quickly, Dongwoon cupped the elder’s small face in his hands, wiping away the tears for him.

“I... went too far with my acting...” He let out a small chuckle, grinning at him. “But he’s on his way.”

“So is Yoseob.” Dongwoon mumbled quietly before leaning down, pressing a kiss to Gikwang’s forehead, eyes closing to savour the moment. Gikwang let out a small gasp, his eyes closing, his lips parted and his fingers moving to wrap around the younger’s wrist gently, leaning up slightly.

They both hated hearing the next words that Dongwoon muttered, but he had to say it, and he had to break the moment.

“We should go hide...”

A few moments of silence fell before Gikwang nodded, pulling away and making sure that the food was set out correctly before unlocking the doors, slowly walking towards the back of the gallery where the offices were.