[001] Alarm Clock

Artistic Struggle

 

The obnoxious sound of Yoseob’s alarm clock screamed around the room, bouncing off the walls and running straight into his ears. A lazy hand and a grunt came from the piles off blankets as the alarm clock was yet again smacked shut. The pile started to move before a brunette head popped out, eyes still half closed and a yawn falling from his lips. Lips smacking together and hand dragging across his face, he slowly sat up, muttering a few curse words under his breath before slowly pushing the blankets away and crawling off his bed. The young man almost literally crawled out of his room at a pace slower than a snail, nearly walking into the wall as he made his way to the bathroom blindly.

Another yawn passed from his lips as he turned the shower on, waiting for the water to warm up and lazily brushing his teeth as the minutes passed. He knew that by now, his roommate and sort-of-boyfriend, Doojoon was in the kitchen, making coffee and preparing a quick breakfast. The thought of having coffee in his system soon helped Yoseob somehow get into the shower and wash himself, the sleep slowly leaving his body and energy replacing it instead. After rinsing off every single soap bubble off his pale skin, he stepped out, grabbing one of the white fluffy towels off the rack and drying himself after wrapping another around his waist, walking out while towel-drying his hair.

And so, his daily routine began. Quickly changing into a pair of jeans and a v-neck, he moved onto his face, grabbing his bb cream and hiding his blemishes, almost hiding away all his insecurities and replacing it with a mask of confidence as he started drying and styling his hair into his usual messy bed hair look. Within minutes, he was out of his room, jacket in hand and his messenger bag on his shoulder. Placing them on the small table by the door, he smiled as he stepped into the kitchen, leaning up to kiss Doojoon’s cheek softly as he made pancakes over the stove.

“Morning, Seobbie.” He smiled sleepily, turning to press a kiss to his lips lightly before nodding towards the small dining table by the wall. “Your breakfast is already there—do you have time to eat, or are you just going to grab an apple and your coffee and go?” He asked, as he flipped the last pancake onto the plate and turned the stove off. Yoseob smiled, a little sad glint in his eyes flickering before dying out and being replaced with an excited one.

“Actually, I was going to head out for a bit before class, I have two hours.” He said, smile still on his lips. The other, already knowing his answer, took his coffee and took the travelling mug out of the kitchen cupboard, already pouring the liquid inside.

“I guessed; take some pancakes with you, yeah? That way, you don’t have to wait for ages in line at the cafes for some breakfast.” Doojoon said, his smile soft as he finished pouring the others coffee. Yoseob nodded, picking up a few cool pancakes and putting them in the aluminium foil that Doojoon had pulled out. After placing them in his bag and putting his jacket on, double checking that he had his wallet, phone, keys and of course his sketch pad and pencils, he kissed his cheek again and left, a grin spreading on his lips as he made his way down the stairs of the apartment block and out into the morning breeze.

But he immediately cursed himself as he felt how icy the breeze was on his neck, knowing that his jacket wouldn’t be able to keep his neck warm as well. Opening his bag for his gloves, he smiled lovingly as he found the large black woollen scarf that Doojoon must have packed when he wasn’t looking and took it out, wrapping it around his neck a few times and burying his nose in the soft material, inhaling the musky scent that was Doojoon’s cologne. With his smile still in place, he carefully put his travelling mug on the wall in front of the apartment building and slipped his hands into his fingerless gloves, pulling the sleeves of his jacket over his hands a little so only his fingertips showed before picking up the mug and making his to the bus stop, knowing that the bus would arrive in a few minutes and that he had to get on it if he wanted to sketch his favourite place for the 20th time that week.