Chapter 1

The most beautiful mistake I ever made

 

The students quickly ran out of the classroom as the bell rang. I was quietly packing my stuff, not wanting to be engulfed in that sea of students. I was too engrossed in my thoughts that I didn’t realize that someone was standing right behind me.

“Boo!” The person whispered into my ears, making me scream in fear.

“Hahaha!” I turned around and glared at my best friend, who was now laughing his off.

“Jae!” I whined, slapping his shoulder with my arm. “That wasn’t funny!”

“You should’ve seen your face, Yoon Hee!” Jaejoong continued to laugh, holding his stomach for a more dramatic effect. “Priceless!”

“Idiot.” I mumbled as I turned around and continued to pack.

“Done yet?” He asked, chuckling as he calmed himself down.

“Yeah.” I replied, taking my backpack.

“Let’s go.” He said as he grabbed my hand. “Otherwise the guys will be angry.”

I blushed as I saw how his big hand held my small one. Yes, I’m in love with Kim Jaejoong, my best friend. Though I love him, Jaejoong doesn’t see me that way. Unlike all the girls in my school, I was never interested in make up or dress. You’d only see me in T-shirts and jeans, with my hair always tied up in a ponytail. We rushed towards the huge act hall, noticing few students sitting at the corner.

“Yo! Hee! Jae!” One of the guys who noticed us waved.

“What’s up, Yunho?” Jae asked as they high-fived.

“Hee!” I smiled as I hugged Junsu, our band’s drummer.

Did I forget to mention that I’m in a band? My bad! Yeah, I’m in a band and I play the electric guitar. Junsu, as I mentioned before, was the drummer. Taeyang was on the keyboards while Sungmin was playing the bass guitar. Finally, Jaejoong was our vocalist. His voice was that of an angle’s and he always spent time on making sure he hit the notes perfectly, sometimes asking me or Sungmin to play the melody for him.

 “You’re here again?” I asked as I saw Yoochun and Changmin approaching us.

“Mhm.” Changmin nodded while Yoochun lightly hugged me.

Unlike us all, Changmin transferred to our school in the first year of high school, while we’ve all known each other ever since the kindergarten. Maybe that’s why he’s the shiest person in our group of friends.

Taeyang smiled. “Hey, Hee, come here! I’ve written the new lyrics and I want to know what you think about it.”

“Sure.” I slowly walked towards him, making sure I didn’t trip over the wires. Hey! I might not be wearing those killer high heels but with so many musical instruments, there was a great chance of falling right on the stage. “Wow!” I gasped as I read through the lyrics. “Taeyang, it’s amazing!”

“What’s amazing?” Sungmin asked, coming to us.

“Here,” I gave him the sheets. “Pretty awesome, eh?”

“Dude!” Sungmin smiled like he won a lottery or something. “If we do a song out of it, we’re so going to win the ‘Battle of the Bands’!”

‘Battle of the Bands’ was the most awaited contest in our school. Each year, the winning band would record their song in a professional studio with a real producer! For anyone who wanted to become a huge star, it was like a dream come true.

“Hey, Jae!” Junsu shouted, distracting Jaejoong. “Come check this out! Taeyang’s new piece of work.”

Jaejoong said something to his friends and hurried towards us. Junsu handed him the papers, the huge grin never leaving his cute face. Jaejoong ran over them and nodded.

“Great piece, Taeyang.” He gave Taeyang thumbs up. “Let’s try to write melody for it.”

Jaejoong was the most eager one to win it. In our band, Taeyang and Jaejoong were serious about the whole ‘Battle of the Bands’ thing. Not like me, Junsu and Sungmin were slacking, but Taeyang and Jaejoong were very passionate about it as both of them came from musical families.

“Hey, Yoon Hee.” Changmin nudged me after I put the guitar back into the small room where we kept our instruments. “Your brother is here.”

I looked towards the exit and saw my brother standing there with a frown on his face. I quickly said good-bye to my friends and walked towards the exit, sighing deeply as I knew what was coming. And I was right. As soon as I put my seatbelt on, my brother’s lecture began.

“How many times have I told you not to get involved in music?” He asked, sighing deeply. “You know what will happen if our parents found out?”

“As if they’re always around.” I muttered, crossing my arms over my chest.

“I know why you’re in that band in the first place.” He said, taking a swift turn. “But don’t let a boy control your life.”

“Who said I’m doing this for Jaejoong?” I asked, sending him a death glare. “I love playing guitar!”

“Besides, doesn’t he have a girlfriend?” My brother asked, making my hear twitch in pain. “I’m sorry.” He whispered as he saw me frown through the mirror.

“Mhm.” I shook my head, removing the tear that fell from my eyes. “You’re right.”

Yes. The person I’m in love with already had a girlfriend whom he treasured so much that he made the worst decision ever, hurting not only me in the process.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Well, the first chapter is up. I'll update the next chapter as soon as I'm free, ok?

Please comment and subscribeheart